Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Anybody still finding the Cuckoos in stores?  Trying to get a feel for whether or not I just bite the bullet and head to EvilBay.

i think they are still making their way into stores here in SE Massachusetts. Usually i figure out when to start checking WG by going on ebay and seeing if there are scalpers in my area selling them - right now there are 4 within 50 miles which means i probably should start checking.  But I'm also thinking there will be likely be a WG sale soon so even if i find some i'll probably just get one for now. At least the last couple of years WG has had a pretty decent sale in Feb or march.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Anybody still finding the Cuckoos in stores?  Trying to get a feel for whether or not I just bite the bullet and head to EvilBay.

Had no luck until yesterday near Grand Rapids Michigan. Found two in the wild. Need just one more but no other Walgreens in the area had any

pleasant surprise as I never saw Mystique, Emma Frost or the Thing in person.

Finally got my Dr. Doom , and it was worth the long wait..

stores are looking shabby in my parts right now in Toronto, nothing much of new at all, not even a Fantastic Four or Spider-Man wave figure on a shelf anywhere, just not onsale 80th 2 Packs, it's crazy, we in Canada really need to clearance things

Finally broke down and pulled the trigger on the Squirrel Girl set last night. Not sure why it took me so long as this set has been one of my big wants. Anyway, it's going for the same price on Pulse AND Amazon, I get free shipping from both, so I chose Amazon, the one that would get it here tomorrow (the only problem with instant gratification is it takes so bloody long).

In any case, another piece of the Marvel Rising puzzle completed.

Seeing some photos/reports of a big sale/clearance on Marvel Legends (and some other action figures) at Walgreens, but it's unclear if it's limited to one specific area or something chain-wide.  Initial reports were from California.  Anyone outside of there seeing this?

Almost looks like Walgreens might be getting out of the action figure game.

Popfindr showed to have no Red Hulks in inventory at my local Target yesterday. But I randomely searched the DCPI this morning and showed to have 5 in stock. Went and arrived to an empty shelf space for it. But an employee came to the rescue and said they just arrived this morning. Brought me 2 from the back. Mission accomplished.

This was in west Tx btw

Thought I was gonna have another issue with Amazon (🙄that NEVER happens🙄), but yeah, Squirrel Girl arrived as promised. Did score another 5.00 bucks in Courtesy Cash for the confusion (bless Jeff Bezos and his policy of border-line competence).

Anybody else having trouble getting the squirrel in the pink bow (Tippie-Toe?) to stand up?

2 hours ago, mako said:

Anybody else having trouble getting the squirrel in the pink bow (Tippie-Toe?) to stand up?

Tippy seems to stand fine, it's really Doreen who has a problem standing on her own, infact I have yet to find a way to make her without major support (I.e. the Vespa, but since I don't want that in my display, shes leaning on a post)

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Tippy seems to stand fine, it's really Doreen who has a problem standing on her own, infact I have yet to find a way to make her without major support (I.e. the Vespa, but since I don't want that in my display, shes leaning on a post)

It took me a minute to find the right angle for her ankles to accommodate the weight of her tail, but once I did, Doreen's probably the most stable female figure I have. Short of literally pushing her over with my finger, I couldn't make her fall.

8 hours ago, mako said:

It took me a minute to find the right angle for her ankles to accommodate the weight of her tail, but once I did, Doreen's probably the most stable female figure I have. Short of literally pushing her over with my finger, I couldn't make her fall.

Oh man thats great news that gives me hope that it is indeed possible to make her stand on her own! , must find this equation to the perfect ankle pivot

Found Myself Gray Widow! , as well as Yelena and Spymaster , Wal-Mart actually comes through!

honestly was so worried about finding that Wal-Mart exclusive

they only had 1 of each of these figures and that was it on the pegs , very happy!

NewWids.jpg

Stopped at a few Walgreens in Massachusetts today and all legends were scanning $9.99, inlcuding the new Demogoblin Wave, Stepford Cuckoos, Emma Frost, and Dani Moonstar. There were no sales tags on the shelves but they rang up at the sale price. This is usually the time when Walgreens has its annual post holiday legends clearance. Happy hunting.