Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
37 minutes ago, bluebee said:

hope noone is putting millions of people at risk because they're hunting for toys.

Millions of people might be a little excessive. As the Global number of cases is currently at 260,000 not even half a million. Which is like .00000327 percent out of 7.8 billion people. (.000000141 percent for deaths). Don't get me wrong humans matter to some other humans. After hiking in many places and consistently having to pick up garbage bags full of Human waste on a weekly basis, I don't care as much about others. This 'Pandemic' has shown everyone's selfish and greedy nature when they decide to buy all the water (while their plumbing still works, get a Brita) and all the toilet paper... People may share your opinion, I do not. 

1 hour ago, bluebee said:

hope noone is putting millions of people at risk because they're hunting for toys.

Unless you already have COVID-19, the only risk you run by going out is to yourself. Even at that, the best defense is simple common sense hygiene practices: wash your hands often, don't eat after anyone, keep your hands away from your face, etc.

Something else to keep in mind is the economic situation. Even if they got the vaccine out tomorrow, the damage has already being done. Businesses, especially brick-n-mortar stores, are losing money hand over fist. If we don't get out there and support them with our cash, all projections point toward a Great Depression-level fiscal disaster.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Unless you already have COVID-19, the only risk you run by going out is to yourself. Even at that, the best defense is simple common sense hygiene practices: wash your hands often, don't eat after anyone, keep your hands away from your face, etc.

Something else to keep in mind is the economic situation. Even if they got the vaccine out tomorrow, the damage has already being done. Businesses, especially brick-n-mortar stores, are losing money hand over fist. If we don't get out there and support them with our cash, all projections point toward a Great Depression-level fiscal disaster.

A lot of stores (including comic shops) over here are offering to mail products, all you have to do is either phone or email them. That way the shops stay "open" and they aren't risking their staff.  Unless you are living somewhere that is in Total Lockdown or you are self-isolating going out isn't illegal. Other than that it is a lot of common sense,

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
25 minutes ago, mako said:

Well, my Retro Cap arrived a day early. I don't know why, I just like this particular sculpt/deco a lot better than the 80th Cap.

Odd considering I hated it when it was first released as Cap-Wolf.

Maybe you just like the light blue. i'm sure they will re-release the 80th in a lighter blue. 

Yeah I've been keeping my going out to a minimum infact I have not gone toy hunting (or out to a store) since the quarantine (monday officially my job closed it's doors) until recently, but just on wednesday I did go to my local comic shop to grab my comics, they don't really have alot to offer in the way of new toys, they have had the same legends on the rack since the summer, a nightcrawler and x-force wolvie, I'm trying to stay away from people for the most part so I have not gone to a store since sunday when I did a huge grocery shop and bought booze and stuff. I might have to go out today or tomorrow to finally get toilet paper if I even can! god forbid, the only thing that idiots think they need is toilet paper, I just want like 2 packs man..

stay safe though folks it's kinda spooky out there

1 hour ago, mako said:

Well, my Retro Cap arrived a day early. I don't know why, I just like this particular sculpt/deco a lot better than the 80th Cap.

Odd considering I hated it when it was first released as Cap-Wolf.

honestly man, I love this Cap, it's my only comic cap I passed on the 80th because I like this one that much it feels like the cap I know it reminds me of the Captain America movie from the early 90's I actually am convinced that face sculpt is supposed to emulate matt salinger

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Maybe you just like the light blue. i'm sure they will re-release the 80th in a lighter blue. 

Oddly enough, that IS part of it. The brighter deco, the buffer frame; it just screams "Comic Book." Not that I have a problem with 80 Cap, I just like the vibe off Retro more. Not even sure why I sold my first one.

Given the current state of affairs, I decided to go ahead and pre-order Winter Soldier, Crossbones and Spymaster through Pulse. For reasons known only to them they're marking up this particular wave 1.63 per figure, but what the hay. I figure with my luck, Soldier and Bones (my Big Wants this time out) will end up being the HTF figures of this wave, so I thought I'd skip the aggravation.

YOLO, right?

On 3/22/2020 at 10:21 AM, BradMan said:

GameStop is having a flash sale on collectibles on their website... they actually have the Jean Grey / Cyclops / Wolverine love triangle 3-pack in stock so I finally pulled the trigger on that and the Havok / Polaris set.

With the way GameStop was already trending and now the coronavirus situation, I wonder if this flash sale will turn into a going out of business sale real quick.

Dropped into Target this afternoon. They had a single Spymaster and at least 8 Deadly Origin Black Widows. Grabbed the Spymaster, sadly the Origin figures were street dated for the 29th. Not only could they not sell it to me, but as I was leaving, they were calling back to toys to have the rest pulled.

C'iest la Vie.

9 minutes ago, mako said:

Dropped into Target this afternoon. They had a single Spymaster and at least 8 Deadly Origin Black Widows. Grabbed the Spymaster, sadly the Origin figures were street dated for the 29th. Not only could they not sell it to me, but as I was leaving, they were calling back to toys to have the rest pulled.

C'iest la Vie.

The apocalypse is going on and they are denying customers of toys because of their street dates 🙄🙂 

I know my Target had white Widows on the shelf almost 2 weeks ago. Wonder if the same thing happened with them.

On 3/27/2020 at 4:19 PM, RAMCAT said:

The apocalypse is going on and they are denying customers of toys because of their street dates 🙄🙂 

I know my Target had white Widows on the shelf almost 2 weeks ago. Wonder if the same thing happened with them.

Today made up for the trouble. I dropped by my nearest Target (not the one from earlier) to see if they had any Origin Widows out. None on the isle, but a girl working there was nice enough to bring me one up from the back.

Usually try not to bother the Target employees (I WAS a Target employee), but I really didn't feel like chasing Tasha around the city. So I asked, she was cool about it, everybody walked away happy.

Over the past few days I have gotten the Target exclusive white Widow via target.com, the deluxe widow off the shelves at Target, taskmaster, and all then comic figures for the widow wave. Have not seen the rest of the movie figs although a few weeks back a target employee denied my attempts to buy a case off the stock rack ( claimed his manager would get mad at him if he gave me the entire case even though they were not street dated) 

walmart.com charged my account for two grey widows, gave a an arrival date of April 3rd, then today I get an email saying the release has been pushed back until  May 19th. I know I’m in the minority but I’ve had decent luck with Walmart...hope this isn’t a sign.

side note, the head sculpt on the MCU deluxe widow is spot on, well done Hasbro. The comic widow is beautiful as well, can’t wait to get the grey, even with the bomber jacket (because 90’s ) that’s the one I’m most looking forward to

So I pre-ordered Winter Solider, Crossbones and Spymaster from Amazon on December 10th.  On Friday I received notification that they would not be able to get Crossbones and Winter Solider after waiting all this time.  Super pissed at Amazon for how this was all handled.  My Spymaster arrived Saturday and it's pretty cool.  All my other pre-orders are through Amazon and I feel like the same thing might happen. 

13 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

So I pre-ordered Winter Solider, Crossbones and Spymaster from Amazon on December 10th.  On Friday I received notification that they would not be able to get Crossbones and Winter Solider after waiting all this time.  Super pissed at Amazon for how this was all handled.  My Spymaster arrived Saturday and it's pretty cool.  All my other pre-orders are through Amazon and I feel like the same thing might happen. 

Yeah I've heard a lot of people having their orders canceled for that wave. I think Amazon is pretty overwhelmed right now with Corvid-19 stuff.