Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 4/3/2020 at 10:15 PM, McHogan said:

I know I’m in the minority but I’ve had decent luck with Walmart...hope this isn’t a sign.

I have heard whispers Walmart is going to start selling only "essential items." Not sure how, or why, that would effect their online store, but COVID has gotten everybody crazy and doing stupid things. Good luck.

3 hours ago, Inspection12e said:

So I pre-ordered Winter Solider, Crossbones and Spymaster from Amazon on December 10th.  On Friday I received notification that they would not be able to get Crossbones and Winter Solider after waiting all this time.  Super pissed at Amazon for how this was all handled.  My Spymaster arrived Saturday and it's pretty cool.  All my other pre-orders are through Amazon and I feel like the same thing might happen. 

Yeah I have heard this from so many people, not sure if It was a thing because of the current situation, or if it was maybe Marvel said "since the movies not coming out yet...let's retract these toys" or any combo of those plus, bad distribution because of the virus, Amazon having too much going on, either way I prospected this toy thing is going to get worse, I have heard rumors most stores won't be selling non Essentials even if they carry them , and people are claiming the Gamerverse Abomination wave is hitting stores

I have not received tons of my orders as of recent from various places.. not expecting them to be coming any time soon

Amazon sent me an email saying they canceled my Winter Soldier, so I went over to Pulse and ordered it there.

I saw that Pulse had Crossbones in stock, so I figured I'd cancel my Amazon preorder and just get them both from Pulse. But then my Amazon order page told me I'd be getting Crossbones "tomorrow by 8pm", so I just ordered Winter Soldier.

Not 15 minutes later, Amazon sent me an email saying they canceled my Crossbones.

It was like some incredibly niche Seinfeld bit.

Yeah I had the whole Black Widow wave ordered through Amazon.  When I first placed the order they didn’t have Taskmaster available, so the first order was for the other 6 figures.  Taskmaster became available later, so I put in a second order for him.

I got the order with the 6 figures, but then Amazon cancelled Taskmaster.  

So, I also ordered Taskmaster from Hasbro Pulse plus an additional Black Widow for a custom project.

I REALLY didn't wanna go the on-line route. Especially since Pulse has marked up the price almost two bucks a piece on the Widow wave. Unfortunately, with Walmart, possibly others, switching over to selling only "essentials" (though no one including the stores themselves know what exactly "essentials means) as mandated by Uncle Sam, who knows when or if these suckers will turn up at brick-n-mortar.

Funny, I always thought it would be colder in 1980s Moscow.

16 hours ago, BradMan said:

Yeah I had the whole Black Widow wave ordered through Amazon.  When I first placed the order they didn’t have Taskmaster available, so the first order was for the other 6 figures.  Taskmaster became available later, so I put in a second order for him.

I got the order with the 6 figures, but then Amazon cancelled Taskmaster.  

So, I also ordered Taskmaster from Hasbro Pulse plus an additional Black Widow for a custom project.

What day did you order?

On 4/7/2020 at 11:44 AM, Inspection12e said:

What day did you order?

I ordered both on 4/3... my order hasn’t shipped yet.

I work in distribution and fulfillment, and even though we are considered “essential” we are still operating at reduced staffing and hours.  So, I imagine the Hasbro Pulse warehouse and fulfillment team are in a similar situation.

Got Crossbones in from Pulse a couple days ago, and Widow Winter Soldier, and Taskmaster yesterday, Also from Pulse.

Can't believe what I'm hearing about brick and mortars not selling stuff they have in stock, just because it's deemed nonessential. Crazy times we live in.

Ah, its amazing what a little sun and fresh air can do for a soul. Of course finding virtually the entire Abomination wave (minus Iron Man and Rage) at Walmart didn't suck either. Believe it or not, that wasn't even the best part of my day.

Some days you just get the bear,

Oh, and greenlucario. don't believe everything you hear about the retail situation. New social distancing policies not withstanding, Wally-World was operating business as usual.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, mako said:

Oh, and greenlucario. don't believe everything you hear about the retail situation. New social distancing policies not withstanding, Wally-World was operating business as usual.

Certainly taking everything with a few grains of salt at the moment.  Your luck on that gamerverse wave is definitely a good sign.   

Was at WM yesterday and they had gotten gamerverse in, but all that was left on the pegs were Captain America and Ms Marvel. Oh well, maybe they’ll restock by the next time I go - I’m only really interested in Leader and Captain Marvel altho I might pick up Mach I if he was there and the others weren’t. No sign of Widow wave but that doesn’t surprise me.  Kind of surprised at myself for not ordering figs during targets sale last week but I guess I’m just not finding the new waves all that compelling

42 minutes ago, mako said:

So far, the only signs of the Widow Wave I've found were at one Target, and the same Walmart where i found the Gamerverse Wave. Unfortunately, all either had was a single Spymaster.

My Wal-Mart had the full Widow Wave in a display with the Venomized non legends figures and a few of the Gamerverse wave but not the ones I was looking for.   I was able to get Crossbones and Winter Soldier that Amazon cancelled on me.  

20 hours ago, Inspection12e said:

My Wal-Mart had the full Widow Wave in a display with the Venomized non legends figures and a few of the Gamerverse wave but not the ones I was looking for.   I was able to get Crossbones and Winter Soldier that Amazon cancelled on me.  

NICE! I already picked up one of those Spymasters I found. While I DO want to finish Dynamo, I figure if I could just find Winter Soldier and Crossbones, I can still happily call it done.

Happy to report that after Walmart.com delayed my order I was in a Walmart that NEVER has any new Legends and walked out with a couple exclusive grey uni Nats.. goes to show you need to check them all on the hunt

actually tried talking the wife out of going but she needed a few essentials so I begrudgingly went in. Awesome surprise. 

On a related note, my normal Walmart had the entire Widow and Avengers Gamerverse waves. It was shocking. Dropped $250 ish on the ones I wanted ( will get them all but only have so much disposable income) Unexpected expense but can count on one hand the times I’ve seen two full waves at once. 

I'm surprised that Crossbones seems to be a hot figure. I pre-ordered Widow, Yelena, and Winter Soldier, figuring they would be the toughest to find. That Crossbones is pretty fugly, with the weird torso, badly-painted neck, and space pirate guns. I guess it's just the only non-exclusive comic Crossbones, but, man, Hasbro could have done a much better job.

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

BestBuy website. Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

hmm.png

Hmmm, interesting... It doesn't say exclusive; but, still, Mondays might be a good time to check for Legends...

On 4/21/2020 at 7:39 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Hmmm, interesting... It doesn't say exclusive; but, still, Mondays might be a good time to check for Legends...

April 6th was Mysterio

March 2nd was Gray Beast

Feb 3rd was Black Storm

Might be too soon to see a pattern there but if I was a betting man we could see another retro figure from the Spidey line on May 4th.

Edit: Seems like Storm was revealed even before Feb

On 4/19/2020 at 9:39 AM, mako said:

Happened upon the Black Widow / Maximum Venom end-cap at the nicest of my local Walmarts yesterday morning. I scored Crossbones and the Exclusive Black Widow.

Update: Went to my closest Walmart this morning. Yet another endcap which netted me Winter Soldier (SCORE!!!) and Yelena Belova.

Lucky you. They didn't have the exclusive Black Widow on the end-cap at my local Wal-mart.