Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 4/22/2020 at 11:23 AM, Inspection12e said:

Lucky you. They didn't have the exclusive Black Widow on the end-cap at my local Wal-mart. 

Really? That's odd. I've seen two end-caps so far and the Exclusive Widow is the ONLY figure they have in any real abundance.

BTW: went back to my local Walmart and snagged Red Guardian.

Found a red hulk at target this week, much to my surprise, so i grabbed him.  They also still had Squirrel girl and cosmic ghost rider in stock, as well as deluxe widow and  remnants of the widow wave.  between WM and Target have seen most of the widow wave at this point, altho the only one i picked up was taskmaster and that was very much an impulse purchase.  Also saw remnants of gamerverse wave but so far just captain american and ms marvel in the wild. 

I kinda regret shelling out for deluxe widow as she seems readily available at multiple places so  i probably should've  have waited for a sale/markdown. oh well. nice figure and of course some cool accessories. No regrets on grabbing cosmic GR and red hulk, though.

Still haven't seen either of the comic exclusive widows in the wild yet.

Ah heres my little rant... Amazon.. is officially cut off from ever being a place I will pre-order from, I know it's different times right now, and things are being prioritized (figures ain't essential) but Amazon just officially canceled a monumental amount of pre-orders I had with them , after delaying and not shipping (but said they'd come eventually) they canceled Taskmaster, Movie Widow, Crossbones and Winter Solider, Iron Patriot (which by the way was ordered on Dec 11th and had been kept on being delayed), Mach-1, Leader, Mar-vell and Rage, and the entire AOA Wave. Wow... Amazon wow, best part is all of these figures are now up on Amazon from other vendors for insane prices.. hmmm

I got my Dark Beast from Amazon yesterday... Wolverine is supposed to be delivered today.

My Amazon account shows Wildchild scheduled for delivery on May 6, with the remaining 4 (X-Man, Jean Grey, Sunfire, and Morph) scheduled to deliver on May 11.  I’m more hopeful that they will actually deliver since when my Taskmaster missed its planned delivery I immediately got a cancellation notice and these notices were for delays with specific dates.

I had gone with Amazon over Hasbro Pulse because I had one wave of figures (I think it was the first wave of Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 with the Titus) that I ended up getting $2-$3 back for each figure because the price dropped between pre-order and release.  

But now after two waves with cancelations and delays, I’m sticking with Hasbro Pulse.  I paid my $50 and have gotten good use of the membership for buying single figures at a time with free shipping.  

I know that Amazon is prioritizing receipt of food, cleaning, and health care products to its fulfillment centers, so their deliveries from Hasbro to fulfill pre-orders are probably waiting in ports and truck yards to get a delivery appointment.  And then once Amazon does have the products the shipping times are delayed as they again prioritize customer shipments of food, cleaning, and health care products.  

The 3rd party sellers that are selling the figures for higher prices were able to get their stock from whatever distributors they order from and then do fulfillment by Amazon to use Amazon’s network for warehousing and delivery.

Short story long... not going to pre-order from Amazon anymore unless it’s an Amazon exclusive.

Yeah i think at this point its best to avoid preordering from Amazon unless its exclusive to them.  But i'd say the same for Walmart (and would probably not even preorder exclusives from them).   Best to go with an e-tailer that specifically focuses on collectibles, I'd say, although its still a bit of a crapshoot as to whether a given e-tailer gets enough product from hasbro in their first shipment to satisfy all their preorders.

Saw an aisle display with black widow/venom toys, including the widow wave although when i got there only the mcu figures were left.  Have seen the whole wave at this point in dribs and drabs at WM & Target, but only picked up Taskmaster (might get Winter Soldier at some point).  Pretty lackluster wave imo, mildly curious to see how it sells.  If stores have a ton of cases of this wave, with the movie delay i could see these figures being marked down pretty quickly. but i could be wrong, too.

With a stimulus check burning a whole in my packet I headed out to one of my area Targets and managed to snag MCU Black Widow. Thus, I now have all the parts for Crimson Dynamo.

Also dropped by the nearby Walmart and stumbled across a Plan-o-Gram for their upcoming Marvel offerings. A lot of Maximum Venom toys, and slots set aside for "SPD Legends" and "AVG Legends."

I got the rest of my Age of Apocalypse wave piecemeal over the weekend from Amazon.  

Sunfife arrived Friday afternoon, and then a box with Jean Grey, X-Man, and Morph arrived yesterday ahead of the scheduled delivery date showing on Amazon’s tracking.  Finally, Wild Child arrived today to complete the wave.

Sugar Man is freaking huge!  I haven’t read any comics with him in them for years, so I didn’t have a good mental picture of how big he was compared to “regular” size characters.  

Also, Wild Child’s chain is totally shaped to wrap around a large size forearm... come on AoA Sabretooth!

8D7A7E9D-2C52-498C-8CD2-5294F73D7E0A.jpeg

Ok granted this is not new, picked up the comic Red Guardian after having passed the first time. Like the recent Spymaster this figure is awesome in its simplicity. Great portrait, great anti-Cap color scheme..great portrait..

cant believe they haven’t made a classic or modern swordsman out of this guy. With some slight tooling it would be an easy addition to the Legends lineup

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just Had my birthday and I got pretty lucky on a nice Haul from the loved ones , excuse the fact that it's not all marvel legends

I finally got those Widow wave figs ! MCU Tasky, MCU Widow, Crossbones and Bucky

BDAYHAUL.jpg

Nice haul and Happy Birthday

My store's Black Widow, Age of Apocalypse, and Gamerverse waves are arriving today, which also means my personal Age of Apocalypse wave is arriving. The order got pushed back almost a week because of the distributor's COVID-19-related limitations, but it's now arriving on my birthday. Happy birthday to me, Age of Apocalypse style.

After pre-ordering Gamerverse IM and Rage last night, I decided to hop back by Pulse this morning to pre-order Big Stan as well. Surprise, surprise "The Man" has shown up for the party a couple days early. The Stan Lee figure has gone live. Just got my order in, it's listed as "paid", and I am anxiously awaiting the king huckster himself.

Toys R US came through, after this figure was announced as a TRU exclusive here in Canada, it literally disappeared off the website in minutes, after coming in stock only once more and swiftly seeming to blast off the site , finally last night I was able to order one! , and crazy enough (even in these times) It came today!

finally got me the White Comic Black Widow

Gotta say I'm a bit Disappointed , this figure is alot less white then the photos make it seem, it's more like pee snow opal, kinda bummed on that ah well, turns out yes the gray widow is cooler

WHITEWIDS.jpg

On 5/12/2020 at 10:17 PM, monron999 said:

Me to. Now where the hell is my Crimson Dynamo wave?

Why is it I NEVER get shipping confirmation until AFTER I get cheesed off and fire an angry e-mail to Pulse customer support?

Gamerverse IM and Rage are on the way, still no word on Stan.

Update: Once again, after over a week, got tired of waiting and sent a poison pen-pal e-mail to Pulse customer service. Right on cue, about an hour later I get shipping confirmation for my Stan Lee figure.

With MY persecution complex, I don't need this.

On 5/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, mako said:

Why is it I NEVER get shipping confirmation until AFTER I get cheesed off and fire an angry e-mail to Pulse customer support?

Gamerverse IM and Rage are on the way, still no word on Stan.

Update: Once again, after over a week, got tired of waiting and sent a poison pen-pal e-mail to Pulse customer service. Right on cue, about an hour later I get shipping confirmation for my Stan Lee figure.

With MY persecution complex, I don't need this.

It's actually astonishing that I've had to do this same thing many a times with online retailers.. BBTS, Megalopolis, Juggernaut toys .. all seemed like they were never going to ship me a damn thing, until I E-mail them asking where and when I will recieve this package (when the figure clearly has been out at other retailers for weeks, or even their own store) and BooM! after that e-mail the figures are shipped , seems odd