Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

1 hour ago, BradMan said:

Moon Knight is back in stock on Walgreens’ website... I was able to submit an order and got a confirmation e-mail!

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/marvel-legends-series-moon-knight-preorder/ID=300399793-product

Thanks!

On 5/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, Neal said:

My GamerVerse wave arrived today from Pulse ... in seven separate boxes.  I still can't fathom how this is an efficient and profitable business model ... especially when shipping is free.

I was wondering the exact same thing about the shipping. I thought Hasbro was all about reducing paper waste. It's just a bunch big corp lip service. Lol, I'll "1-up" you on this. I got 7 different boxes over the length of 5 days.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Walmart officially canceled my grey Black Widow pre-order.  ...the pre-order that I placed within minutes of it going live.  I see on Ebay that all of the scalpers got theirs just fine.  Thanks, Hasbro!

WM seems to be one of the worst when it comes to preorders, especially with their exclusives.  But this issue seems to come up with many retailers. I'm not sure if its that hasbro ends up falling behind in manufacturing and ends up sending less to WM than they expected (which seems to happen a lot!), or if  WM (and other retailers) just can't/won't cut off pre-orders in time to ensure they will be able to fulfill them all (e.g., taking 6000 orders when they have 5000 figures set aside for pre-order)  Let's face it, there are probably very few products on WM or WG's websites that involve a huge sudden rush of orders the way that exclusive action figures do.  Its more like getting seats to a show via TIcketmaster that sells out in 5 minutes (from  the before-times when live concerts were a thing).

Beyond pre-orders, i suspect this will play out like Corvus Glaive/Binary/Worthy Cap, where (some) stores get a small quantity that sell out very quickly, and then months later when most people have moved on they end up getting a more reasonable supply in stock. 

As far as blaming Hasbro, well as noted above yes it could be that Hasbro has fallen behind in production (which these days would be more excusable due to global pandemic), but otherwise i'm not sure WM screwups are Hasbro's fault.  WM is the biggest retailer that carries MLs, so of course Hasbro will continue to partner with them on exclusives as long as WM is up for it.

8 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

As far as blaming Hasbro, well as noted above yes it could be that Hasbro has fallen behind in production (which these days would be more excusable due to global pandemic), but otherwise i'm not sure WM screwups are Hasbro's fault.  WM is the biggest retailer that carries MLs, so of course Hasbro will continue to partner with them on exclusives as long as WM is up for it.

Thanks for that.  I do want to be very clear: I'm not blaming Hasbro for production issues due to a pandemic, nor am I calling Walmart blameless for the situation.  I could publicly accuse Walmart of caring less that Marvel Legends fans are getting the figures they want, and caring more about its quarterly profit margins.  I could also publicly accuse water of being wet.

Your point is well-taken though, and I want to address it.  There's a story that's stuck with me for a long time, but I can't remember where I first heard it.  Maybe Master Splinter told it to the turtles or something.  Whatever.  There was a scorpion that wanted to cross a river, but couldn't swim, so he asks a frog to carry him across the river on his back.  The frog's all like, "Nah, bro.  I'll get us halfway out there and then you'll sting me, for you are a scorpion and therefore a notorious butthole."

And the scorpion goes, "Ohmygod, that's totally scorpion-racist.  I super-swear not to sting you."

And then the frog is all "Well, this is against my better froggy-judgement, but okay.  Hop on."

So the scorpion climbs aboard the frog and they both start across the river.  About halfway across, the scorpion, being a scorpion and therefore a notorious butthole, stings the frog.  The frog is understandably upset at this turn of events and says to the scorpion, "You absolute dick!  Now, I'm gonna die and you're gonna drown.  You've killed us both!  Why would you do that?"

To which the scorpion relies, "What the heck did you think was going to happen?  I'm a scorpion.  It's my nature."

See, I'm not going to bother addressing Walmart.  They'll sting you every time.  Expect it.  I do want to address the frogs at Hasbro that say they read the message boards and hear us.  To them I say: Single-store exclusives are always and every time a horrible, frustrating experience for a lot of fans.  Stop.  Doing.  It.  When Dwight and Ryan and all those guys tell me it's Fan First Friday for Marvel fans, and then unveil a long-awaited, very kickass-looking Moon Knight figure, and then tell me I have to drop everything I'm doing at 3:30 and tune into every one of Hasbro's social media accounts because I can't guess at which one they'll post a (totally necessary) super-secret link to pre-order a figure that's going to be harder to find than Bigfoot, and then, having followed those instructions to a tee, I find out that "oops, the link doesn't work or they're all gone, we're not sure which"...well it doesn't feel like a Fan First Friday then.  (And I'm aware that there was sort of a working link again for a little while today.  That isn't even close to the point.)

When I get my pre-order in for the Black Widow figure with Walmart mere minutes after it goes live (and only because I happened to be in the right place at the right time), and then wait four months for Walmart to "lol/jk" cancel my order, then Hasbro's slogan that the fans come first just isn't true.  Walmart came first.  Scalpers came first.  Hasbro came first.  I, the fan, didn't come at all.  (And you know how that can be.)

Dwight and Ryan: I know that neither one of you are the Emperor of Hasbro, but I address you personally because you are the ambassadors for the Marvel Legends brand.  I have a job, and a fiancee, and a blind old dog, and car troubles, and my friend's birthday, and a lawn to mow, and groceries to buy.  I have got other stuff to do.  Single-store exclusives are not fun for me.  I couldn't think of a worse way to service a consumer fanbase if I tried (and I can think of some pretty messed up stuff when I put my mind to it).  I understand there are probably good reasons for store exclusives from a corporate executive point of view.  Now you need to understand that I don't know what they are and I one hundred percent don't care.  And that's all the percents there are.

I love action figures.  Marvel Comics is my favorite intellectual property.  You guys are making some incredibly dope toys on the whole.  I would like to own most of them.  Why in the world would you make that more difficult for the fans like me than it needs to be?  A single-store exclusives model is obviously broken from our point of view, and really, that's the point of view you need to be concerned with.  Can we please move past that part of the argument and get to fixing it?  Make Red Hulk right.  Make Grey Widow right.  Make Moon Knight right.

Please fix this.

52 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hard to believe thats legit, altho i suppose anything's possible.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Hard to believe thats legit, altho i suppose anything's possible.

They sold for $60 a piece. Probably to the same customer. I can't fathom being that impatient to pay that kinda money. Then again, I can't fathom what some people pay for SHF or MAFEX figures either.

I think I can wait. I'm thinking maybe the GG will be a bit hard to find, but if history is any indicator, the Retro waves are usually in abundance of supply.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

They sold for $60 a piece. Probably to the same customer. I can't fathom being that impatient to pay that kinda money. Then again, I can't fathom what some people pay for SHF or MAFEX figures either.

I think I can wait. I'm thinking maybe the GG will be a bit hard to find, but if history is any indicator, the Retro waves are usually in abundance of supply.

on a different note, saw some pics from someone who already had (somehow) gotten a hold of Peter Parker - looks like the glasses are removable which i'm pretty psyched about as i thought they looked really goofy.

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Almost makes me wonder if these figures were something like failed QC ones that were supposed to be destroyed but were snuck out of the factory.

Well guess these figures leaked out some how because yup another guy has a whole bunch of em and gray beast, and the black series han carbonite 3.75, Hasbro has a mole,  people are bidding now.!

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/ironman-2015/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Well guess these figures leaked out some how because yup another guy has a whole bunch of em and gray beast, and the black series han carbonite 3.75, Hasbro has a mole,  people are bidding now.!

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/ironman-2015/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

"Mole?" Yeah, we could call it that. Alternatives would be Scalper, Thief, or my personal favorite Blood-Sucking Leech.

Got Captain Marvel and Rage from the Gamestop BOGO half off on collectibles sale. Not the strongest wave but some real solid figures.

Also got AoA Sunfire from Pulse. Very awesome figure, far and away superior to the first attempt.

12 minutes ago, mako said:

After two weeks of house-work, work-work the death of my father, and dealing with the legal ramifications of him not leaving a will (it's a b!+ch), I plan on spending today finally opening my AOA Wave my Stan Lee figure and doing some serious decompressing.

Oh man, that sounds awful. Hope you can enjoy today.