Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Condolences on the death of your father, Mako and hope you can find a little time to decompress.

Went by target and they had the whole Gamerverse wave  (I think a lot of them are on target's website now anyhow).  Picked up my most wanted from the wave,  Mar-vell and the Leader.  Probably could've scored them cheaper if i waited but who has the  time these days.   

They also had some AoA remnants - just Wild Child, Morph and Sunfire (whom i already have).   Still some demogoblin wave, deluxe Widows and the comic exclusive widow and  a bunch of cosmic GR/Squireel girl sets so i guess i'm saying they were well stocked with Legends overall.

They had a  bunch of those imperial probe droids which seem like they may hang around as the solo deluxe figure (Moloch?) did/still does .

13 hours ago, mako said:

After two weeks of house-work, work-work the death of my father, and dealing with the legal ramifications of him not leaving a will (it's a b!+ch), I plan on spending today finally opening my AOA Wave my Stan Lee figure and doing some serious decompressing.

Mako, so sorry to learn of your personal loss.  You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

14 hours ago, mako said:

After two weeks of house-work, work-work the death of my father, and dealing with the legal ramifications of him not leaving a will (it's a b!+ch), I plan on spending today finally opening my AOA Wave my Stan Lee figure and doing some serious decompressing.

I’m sorry to hear about your dad.  The death of a loved one is never easy, but their memories stay with us forever.  

On 6/5/2020 at 2:40 PM, mako said:

Sorry to hear, just lost two loved ones in the past week myself. Hopefully the happy memories will help easy the pain

On 6/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, mako said:

I'm very sorry to hear this ,my condolences, I'm sorry for your loss , I hope everything works out for you in the end

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Meanwhile in Canada:

13636670-6B5C-42C3-8BE9-FDC852AD9C8B.jpeg

394188EB-4864-4929-8892-D06188ECB5AA.jpeg

Yup looks like the good ol'regular tragic marvel legends at retail situation here, as usual clearances will never occur, big box stores in Canada just love watching figures rot on the pegs for a century at MSRP, never to stock a new figure until it's a year old hahaha

the Wal-Mart I usually frequent , has only had 2 infinity war Cull wave, baf swapped figures on the pegs at retail since.. the dawn of time, last Wal-Mart I went to before the covid incident, had 2 MCU wasps, 1 lady beetle and Speed Demon all 29.99

PS. I mostly posted that for the funny names lol

It wasn't a commentary on stores in Canada and their unwillingness to mark down figures (although they are guilty of that, I agree). Their "clearance" prices for the Ironman/Cap/Thor Alex Ross figures of $39, marked down from $39.97 still make me laugh. Though I have found some gems, like the Dazzler Retro figure for $10Cdn ($7.50US).

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Someone's already listed the Deadpool figures on ebay (two sets, sold individually, loose without BAF). Probably the same dude that has his reviews up on youtube.

Strong Guy is already up to $220, with 2 hours left 😱

It’s insane that all these unreleased waves have been popping up everywhere on eBay, Mercia and YouTube videos.  Some people must have some crazy connections with people that don’t care about losing their Job to make a few extra bucks.  I don’t know who is worse with the person swiping the cases from the warehouse or the person paying exorbitant prices for the figures.  Aside from a YouTuber that is looking for views I can’t imagine paying these insane prices to get a figure a few months earlier than everyone else.  I’m not saying I am above paying retail, because I have definitely spent upwards of $50 on a much wanted figure, but that is very few and far between.  

3 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

It’s insane that all these unreleased waves have been popping up everywhere on eBay, Mercia and YouTube videos.  Some people must have some crazy connections with people that don’t care about losing their Job to make a few extra bucks.  I don’t know who is worse with the person swiping the cases from the warehouse or the person paying exorbitant prices for the figures.  Aside from a YouTuber that is looking for views I can’t imagine paying these insane prices to get a figure a few months earlier than everyone else.  I’m not saying I am above paying retail, because I have definitely spent upwards of $50 on a much wanted figure, but that is very few and far between.  

It's the person buying the figures. If they weren't willing to pay high prices for the figures, the people trying to sell them wouldn't try to sell them

5 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

Internet reviewers with their inflated since of entitlement, "collectors" who buy two or three of everything that comes out so they can have one to open and one to hang in their "toy-cave," scalpers who sell incomplete figures for full price or more, e-tailers like BBTS or Megalopolis who needlessly mark up everything, repackagers and other thieves; sadly there's no shortage of schmucks in this hobby.

Since i don't preorder much, i generally don't watch figure reviews until they've already been released.  If people want to spend exorbitant amounts to get waves ahead of every one else just so they can pump up their "review" channel or instagram likes, that's their business but i choose not to support them. 

Not on the hunt for much right now.  Wouldn't mind getting Iron Man 2020 though.  Ordered Stan Lee off Target.    

Off topic, but i did see one of the McFarlane endcap displays with the two Wonder Woman movie figures and the variant Detective Comics 1000 Batman, but none of them really felt like needed additions to my collection.  So far Action Comics 1000 Superman and the Hellbat figures are the only ones I've gotten from the line.  My tastes tend to run more towards classic JL members and villains - Batman is not really a favorite of mine -  so i'm not sure McFarlane's offerings will really be up my alley but i will likely get one of the  joker figures and Azrael looks cool.

Got my Stan Lee in from Target and the Venom deluxe.  Stan is excellent, and Venom is no slouch, even though it's not what I think of when I think of the Eddie Brock version, the mix of blue and black is really eye catching.  

Got an email from Walgreens saying my pre-order May be delayed. It did not specify which pre-order but it is safe to assume its IM2020. Odd that there would be a delay as I could still order him when I frantically tried to get Moon Knight a few weeks back.

it specifically says delayed and not canceled. Anyone order from Walgreens? Should I be worried or take them at their word?

12 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Got an email from Walgreens saying my pre-order May be delayed. It did not specify which pre-order but it is safe to assume its IM2020. Odd that there would be a delay as I could still order him when I frantically tried to get Moon Knight a few weeks back.

it specifically says delayed and not canceled. Anyone order from Walgreens? Should I be worried or take them at their word?

I only ordered Moon Knight from Walgreens and got the same email. My presumption was it was an automated email generated by their system to explain not being able to send out a preorder within the normal shipping window after ordering, because I can't imagine Walgreens is used to taking preorders.

10 hours ago, mako said:

Internet reviewers with their inflated since of entitlement, "collectors" who buy two or three of everything that comes out so they can have one to open and one to hang in their "toy-cave," scalpers who sell incomplete figures for full price or more, e-tailers like BBTS or Megalopolis who needlessly mark up everything, repackagers and other thieves; sadly there's no shortage of schmucks in this hobby.

A lot of the people on your list are legitimately annoying, but BBTS/Megalopolis? The wholesale cost of one figure plus the cost of shipping it to someone is around $23 to $24. I assure you they're not needlessly marking up anything. Toy margins are razor thin, and everyone expects free shipping on everything, so don't try to tear down small companies for working with the tools they've been given. You're paying for their knowledge about the collector's market and for the convenience of having everything shipped to your house. I'm frankly amazed they're able to stay in business with pricing and shipping charges as low as they have. Jeez, and you're the one complaining about entitlement? If you want free shipping and MSRP, I'm afraid you're stuck with soulless coporations who can afford to treat toys as loss-leaders or who have the buying power to talk down Hasbro or USPS on their pricing. Otherwise, you should stick to in-person buying, where it's still frankly pretty hard for sellers to make any money.

17 hours ago, Benn said:

I only ordered Moon Knight from Walgreens and got the same email. My presumption was it was an automated email generated by their system to explain not being able to send out a preorder within the normal shipping window after ordering, because I can't imagine Walgreens is used to taking preorders.

Yeah i heard people who ordered the iron man 2020 right away when it went up are getting these emails too. Like you, i assume they are automatically sent out for any orders that haven't been completed within a set time span.  That's not to say that walgreen's might not have taken more preorders than they can handle, but i wouldn't jump to conclusions yet

19 hours ago, McHogan said:

Should I be worried or take them at their word?

I ordered a Mister Fantastic from Walgreens and ended up having to call their corporate office so I could get them to walk my local store's manager through fulfilling a site to store purchase. Be afraid, be very afraid.