Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

spacer.pngFrom Damingtoys (x), new Best of Wave has hit Taiwan. BAF is Warrior Thanos, these are the figures:

0. Iron Man MK LXXXV (no BAF): Thor Wave repackage, minus Infinity Gauntlet

1. Captain America (right leg): Walmart exclusive repackage, minus alternate head and Mjolnir

2. Thor (head): Cull Obsidian repackage.

3. Black Widow (right arm and blade): Cull Obsidian repackage, with Target exclusive headsculpt and no vest

4. Black Panther (left leg): Okoye Wave repackage, with M'Baku Wave head

5. Rescue (torso): Hulk Wave repackage

6. Iron Spider (left arm): Thanos Wave repackage

Some thoughts: Best of Waves are meant for people that didn't get the original releases, so I can understand not improving on things like Iron Man's unibeam or the accuracy of the BAF. However, it feels a bit cheap to omit some of accessories from the original releases. That being said, Thor, Iron Spider and Black Panther already got international rereleases, so I think Ronin/Hawkeye could have been included in the place of either of those three. He could have been a kitbashed Hawkeye not too different from the kitbashed Black Widow. Speaking of her, kitbashing the Infinity War Black Widow with the Endgame headsculpt and dropping the vest works as a fan custom, but I think it's iffy as an official release since Black Widow's Endgame costume was not just her Infinity War wardrobe minus the vest.

1 hour ago, ADour said:

spacer.pngFrom Damingtoys (x), new Best of Wave has hit Taiwan. BAF is Warrior Thanos, these are the figures:

0. Iron Man MK LXXXV (no BAF): Thor Wave repackage, minus Infinity Gauntlet

1. Captain America (right leg): Walmart exclusive repackage, minus alternate head and Mjolnir

2. Thor (head): Cull Obsidian repackage.

3. Black Widow (right arm and blade): Cull Obsidian repackage, with Target exclusive headsculpt and no vest

4. Black Panther (left leg): Okoye Wave repackage, with M'Baku Wave head

5. Rescue (torso): Hulk Wave repackage

6. Iron Spider (left arm): Thanos Wave repackage

Some thoughts: Best of Waves are meant for people that didn't get the original releases, so I can understand not improving on things like Iron Man's unibeam or the accuracy of the BAF. However, it feels a bit cheap to omit some of accessories from the original releases. That being said, Thor, Iron Spider and Black Panther already got international rereleases, so I think Ronin/Hawkeye could have been included in the place of either of those three. He could have been a kitbashed Hawkeye not too different from the kitbashed Black Widow. Speaking of her, kitbashing the Infinity War Black Widow with the Endgame headsculpt and dropping the vest works as a fan custom, but I think it's iffy as an official release since Black Widow's Endgame costume was not just her Infinity War wardrobe minus the vest.

Very weak Best Of and I have never seen a Best Of wave remove accessories.

The Retro Brown Wolverine I ordered off Ebay arrived yesterday. I sold my old one, but now that we have a complete 90s toon X-Team, I wanted to go for the hat-trick and complete a Pryde of the X-Men team. Mission accomplished.

Until the new stuff starts streeting all I'm waiting for now is the Chinese knock-off Ronan the Accuser I ordered . . . but that's gonna be a bit of a wait.

Grabbed the target exclusive white widow for $10, it was the last one they had on the pegs so i figured it was time to strike.  They also had signage indicated the demogoblin wave figs were marked down to $14 but  none were in stock.  None of the other waves marked down at all.

Then at WM they had Prof Hulk wave (endgame wave 2) and a few Songbird figures (??) marked down to $11.  Since i still need Union Jack, Loki and the Python guy to complete Hulk i grabbed a Union Jack since he is both my favorite figure (and seemingly the most popular figure) of those three.  Oddly they had marked this wave down to $11 back in January but then raised the price back up to normal, leading to these figs just sitting on the pegs forever.   AoA figures were still normally priced (unsurprisingly), not sure if any other waves were discounted as they didn't have any in stock.  I've heard that some WM have been marking down the earlier waves from this year, though.

Both stores seemed like they were getting ready to reset the toy section, lot of stuff on clearance.  A bunch of those mini-arcade games were on sale between $7-$11 so i grabbed a $9 Dig-Dug.  Next time i visit this WM i might try to grab a Loki and a Galaga game.

heads up folks, people are apparently finding Deluxe War Machine at Targets already

also I'm sure you were aware Targets have been getting Retro Spidey wave, and Walmarts Strong Guy wave, so these things are coming out at retail brick-n-mortar

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

If anyone needs Iron Man 2020 or a Blue deadpool or Shiklah please let me know. I have all three just gathering dust. No BAF PIECES in the Deadpool figures. 

image.png

16 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

heads up folks, people are apparently finding Deluxe War Machine at Targets already

also I'm sure you were aware Targets have been getting Retro Spidey wave, and Walmarts Strong Guy wave, so these things are coming out at retail brick-n-mortar

Well, they're NOT going to my Targets. All I'm seeing are leftovers from Black Widow and AoA . . . one place has even marked the Widow stuff down to 9.99 (to bad I found the Widow, AoA, and Gamerverse waves early on).

Walmarts aren't much better, I couldn't stand seeing that lonely old dust covered Shuri figure on the pegs anymore so I bought it last night. Fortunately, it was marked down to 11.99.

You know you're in trouble when you feel pity for toys.

6 hours ago, mako said:

Well, they're NOT going to my Targets. All I'm seeing are leftovers from Black Widow and AoA . . . one place has even marked the Widow stuff down to 9.99 (to bad I found the Widow, AoA, and Gamerverse waves early on).

Walmarts aren't much better, I couldn't stand seeing that lonely old dust covered Shuri figure on the pegs anymore so I bought it last night. Fortunately, it was marked down to 11.99.

You know you're in trouble when you feel pity for toys.

Hey man I feel you, it's not like anything new is in my part of Canada, nothing is...so every time you feel bummed out, remember us Canadians and feel 10x that sadness, we don't even have an outlet that provides us news on when anything if it might come out here, we don't even have pegs full of dusty shuri's hahaha, if anything maybe I can find a Lady Beetle for 29.99 in a box that looks ravaged by small rodents

38 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey man I feel you, it's not like anything new is in my part of Canada, nothing is...so every time you feel bummed out, remember us Canadians and feel 10x that sadness, we don't even have an outlet that provides us news on when anything if it might come out here, we don't even have pegs full of dusty shuri's hahaha, if anything maybe I can find a Lady Beetle for 29.99 in a box that looks ravaged by small rodents

Point taken, I guess its tough all over. There was a time I would've put money on Arkansas being the absolute rock-bottom Death Valley of action figure collecting, but really, I guess EVERYBODY feels that way about their home field.

18 minutes ago, mako said:

Point taken, I guess its tough all over. There was a time I would've put money on Arkansas being the absolute rock-bottom Death Valley of action figure collecting, but really, I guess EVERYBODY feels that way about their home field.

Yeah I mean it's always generally sucked here in Toronto, despite being a huge City, the collector market is pretty much a niche realm, remember we don't have Walgreens or Targets, and barely any Walmarts except for out of the city, the Walmarts in Canada pale in comparison to the US Counterparts, most are small.. have unkept everything sections , and toys of higher quality are relegated to the Super stores (stores that also sell grocery's) which are located mostly out of the city minus 1,  we also don't have collectible shops like you guys do in the US, they are far and between and generally have massive mark ups, and slow stock intake, we do have TRU! but don't bet they are much better.... with such a small amount of options for places to buy figures like Legends and a high level of collectors/scalpers the stuff goes fast, we also around here don't clearance things.. at least not a deep clearance like you guys in the US (an awesome sale in Canada is like 3 bucks off, once in a while you can get lucky though),, also only EBgames or collectible stores (which there is like 2 in the City) has things like NECA , we also just saw one of our better Toy stores go out of business

it sucks here man.. really be happy even if you find 11.99 dusty Shuri's... if I saw a Shuri it would be full price, and it would also be the reason something new wasn't being stocked

48 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I mean it's always generally sucked here in Toronto, despite being a huge City, the collector market is pretty much a niche realm, remember we don't have Walgreens or Targets, and barely any Walmarts except for out of the city, the Walmarts in Canada pale in comparison to the US Counterparts, most are small.. have unkept everything sections , and toys of higher quality are relegated to the Super stores (stores that also sell grocery's) which are located mostly out of the city minus 1,  we also don't have collectible shops like you guys do in the US, they are far and between and generally have massive mark ups, and slow stock intake, we do have TRU! but don't bet they are much better.... with such a small amount of options for places to buy figures like Legends and a high level of collectors/scalpers the stuff goes fast, we also around here don't clearance things.. at least not a deep clearance like you guys in the US (an awesome sale in Canada is like 3 bucks off, once in a while you can get lucky though),, also only EBgames or collectible stores (which there is like 2 in the City) has things like NECA , we also just saw one of our better Toy stores go out of business

it sucks here man.. really be happy even if you find 11.99 dusty Shuri's... if I saw a Shuri it would be full price, and it would also be the reason something new wasn't being stocked

No, I get it, appreciate what you have. But if it makes you feel any better, I've got 6 Walmarts within a 20 minute drive, 3 of those within 5 minutes of each other; 5 Targets within a 30 minute drive, one of which is the main Target for this region; and a Walgreens practically on every corner . . . and I still can't find JACK.

6 minutes ago, mako said:

No, I get it, appreciate what you have. But if it makes you feel any better, I've got 6 Walmarts within a 20 minute drive, 3 of those within 5 minutes of each other; 5 Targets within a 30 minute drive, one of which is the main Target for this region; and a Walgreens practically on every corner . . . and I still can't find JACK.

that does make me feel better, at least I can stare out my rainy window with FOMO, and know that over in the great U.S. of A , you'll be doing the same

while we both sing the American Tale song "some where out there"

23 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

that does make me feel better, at least I can stare out my rainy window with FOMO, and know that over in the great U.S. of A , you'll be doing the same

while we both sing the American Tale song "some where out there"

Awww...American Tale. My kids loved that movie!! 

26 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Ok..Im official old man of the board!

Hahaha probably not I figured most of the people on this board were old men (I see the birthday updates with ages), I thought I was personally but I guess not

More new figures popping up people have been getting Walgreens Moon Knight 

and AOA Apocalypse

so that means people are finding Retro Spidey wave, Deadpool Strong Guy wave, Deluxe War Machine, Walgreen's Moon Knight and AOA Apocalypse