Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hahaha probably not I figured most of the people on this board were old men (I see the birthday updates with ages), I thought I was personally but I guess not

My first theater movie was the previous year's Sesame Street: Follow That Bird, so you can well imagine the sound of my bones creaking as I type this. 🙂

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah it's a classic , it was the very first movie I saw in a theater as a kid

You know, I was as big into animation (REAL animation) as I was into comics and later action figures, yet I have NEVER seen that movie in its entirety. "Somewhere Out There" is still one of my all-time favorite songs though.

If you wanna talk old men though, my first "theater" movie was Wilderness Family Robinson. (1979) I was seven.

15 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I mean it's always generally sucked here in Toronto, despite being a huge City

Everywhere's got give or take. It's a lot easier to find a vegan hot dog in Toronto than most places, for instance. 🙂 And you guys are basically the board game cafe capital of the world too. And, while it's probably not a consolation to you, Toronto is also my favourite place to buy trades, since all the comic shops seem to charge American cover price in Canadian dollars, which (at least the last time I was there) were worth less than USD, so it was a real bargain. It's also not everywhere that black-furred squirrels stalk the streets, competing with the minxes of a nearby Island for dominance.

14 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

More new figures popping up people have been getting Walgreens Moon Knight 

and AOA Apocalypse

so that means people are finding Retro Spidey wave, Deadpool Strong Guy wave, Deluxe War Machine, Walgreen's Moon Knight and AOA Apocalypse

Soon as I read this I checked my order  for Moon Knight with Walgreens. After the IM2020 issues I had I was worried I may be on the cancel list again. Turns out my order is still in place but with an August 24th ship date. 

I can wait until then, just hoping I don’t get canceled by them again, I shutter to think about secondary prices for this guy.

Be nice to have a surprise and have been one of the lucky ones to get them early but I’ll accept getting them at all

edit: for fun went on eBay to check the going rate for Moon Knight. As I feared, the asking price is around $55-$60.. Man I hope I don’t get canceled

4 hours ago, Benn said:

Everywhere's got give or take. It's a lot easier to find a vegan hot dog in Toronto than most places, for instance. 🙂 And you guys are basically the board game cafe capital of the world too. And, while it's probably not a consolation to you, Toronto is also my favourite place to buy trades, since all the comic shops seem to charge American cover price in Canadian dollars, which (at least the last time I was there) were worth less than USD, so it was a real bargain. It's also not everywhere that black-furred squirrels stalk the streets, competing with the minxes of a nearby Island for dominance.

Hahaha well all of this is true, and in fact I do love Toronto, I just however do not 90% of the time love buying figures here. Toronto is a wonderful city other wise

we do have some of the coolest Board game cafe's you are not wrong, and Video Game bars

we even have multiple Comic book cafes, and a Video Rental Ice Cream shop

don't get me wrong I wasn't bashing my home for anything other then being a bad place to collect toys

7 hours ago, mako said:

You know, I was as big into animation (REAL animation) as I was into comics and later action figures, yet I have NEVER seen that movie in its entirety. "Somewhere Out There" is still one of my all-time favorite songs though.

If you wanna talk old men though, my first "theater" movie was Wilderness Family Robinson. (1979) I was seven.

you were already 7 in 1979, damn man... you guys are all old men

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'm not old...my skin is just "lived in"

Seriously though..I gave my grandson Jeff the shark because he loves " baby shark" and dinosaurs...you would think he struck gold!!

Oh...three Targets and two Wal marts and no War Machine😞😞😞

I'm 48, I'm NOT old. Although my trick back, bad knee, reading glasses and salt and pepper hair conspire to say different.

As for War Machine? After this weeks on-line shenanigans, I figured I'd better quit while I'm behind. I'll try next week.

Whew hoo....Im 52.a very young 52. Like very active.

I would have loved to have had Marvel Legends in the 70's...instead we had Megos!

In the 80's it was Secret Wars! (First Wolverine figure) 

I painted and customized my GIJoes to be x-men when I was a teen. 

I have caught a lot of flack from my dad and brothers and even friends who just didn't get the "Toy thing" ...now I make money making customs and statues ...and Love every bit of my Toy Room!

My grandkids and nephew's think I am the bomb bcuz I let them go in and touch the toys....and they ALWAYS get cool figures on birthdays and Christmas.

Old...maybe....but cool as hell to those that count!! Lol

7 hours ago, mako said:

I'm 48, I'm NOT old. Although my trick back, bad knee, reading glasses and salt and pepper hair conspire to say different.

As for War Machine? After this weeks on-line shenanigans, I figured I'd better quit while I'm behind. I'll try next week.

7 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Whew hoo....Im 52.a very young 52. Like very active.

I would have loved to have had Marvel Legends in the 70's...instead we had Megos!

In the 80's it was Secret Wars! (First Wolverine figure) 

I painted and customized my GIJoes to be x-men when I was a teen. 

I have caught a lot of flack from my dad and brothers and even friends who just didn't get the "Toy thing" ...now I make money making customs and statues ...and Love every bit of my Toy Room!

My grandkids and nephew's think I am the bomb bcuz I let them go in and touch the toys....and they ALWAYS get cool figures on birthdays and Christmas.

Old...maybe....but cool as hell to those that count!! Lol

hey man it's all good, age doesn't matter as long as you're groovin, in fact as I've learned we get better in this collecting game as we get older, we have money we can spend at our general leisure, and we don't care who judges us any more, I always thought for a long time I was an "old" collector but I've realized it's not true... in fact like I said all the real invested collectors are probably at least in their earlier 30's , I'm 36, so you guys make me feel a little younger haha, and to you GrtWhite, Ya I'm sure you are the Granddad I wish I had , and to you Mako, I can just imagine dude in a gray cardigan, reading glasses and bad back pushin kids aside in targets for the NECA turtles waving a fist of anger at the stocking kids for never having what you need.... peering through those glasses adjusting them to make sure that's a real clearance tag on that Joe figure

On 7/23/2020 at 2:36 PM, mako said:

A little extra money and a bored toy collector are a dangerous combo. The Rocket Raccoon Wave Hawkeye I scored off ebay just arrived this afternoon. Not exactly a fan of this particular look (purple sunglasses!?!), but I'm on a modern version kick right now, so here we are.

I grabbed this Hawkeye back when it was first released. Overall, not a fan of this look either. Not sure the point of the sunglasses, in place of a mask I guess? It may never happen but would love to see him in his classic uni again. Or maybe someone updates his look to incorporate his classic / modern looks into something new.

this modern look, except obviously the bow and arrows, has never screamed “Hawkeye” to me.

Retro Gwen Stacy came in from BBTS. Great figure and the MJ head is a nice upgrade for the previous 2 pack release. But, and I'm surprised no reviewer has mentioned it, MJ has green eyes and this head sculpt has blue eyes. Kind of nit picky, but I feel like this is a big thing to miss on Hasbro's part when they got it right last time. Still great, but falls just shy of definitive for the character.

While I got my Stan Lee’s some time back I just realized I’ve never seen them in the wild. I gave up the search and ordered 2 from Pulse but after I got him I kinda put him out of my mind. 

But I do search for new stuff nearly every weekend and have not once seen him on pegs. Figured since he was not a store exclusive he would be everywhere.

anyone else have any luck and found him in stores? 

(Also popped a spare Chris Evans head on the body, not an exact skin tone match but it it a good representation of Cap in civies.. if a tad under sized)

Hey just thought I'd let my fellow Canadian's know

that Northmen has Warpath now available (not the rest of the wave though)

https://northmencollectibles.ca/index.php/shop/figures/amazing-spider-man-2-marvel-legends/e9305w-detail

as well as Gray Beast

https://northmencollectibles.ca/index.php/shop/figures/amazing-spider-man-2-marvel-legends/hse9659-detail

Was able to find the retro Peter Parker and Electro this past weekend. Oddly (or maybe not) the only two I didn’t pre-order. 

Those glasses on PP... jury is still out. On one hand, very retro, so fitting. One the other, without them, or if they were removable, this would look like PP of any era.

seems like this Peter will get released down the road without the glasses. Any bets?

So, I ordered Velocity Suit Spider-Man from Amazon a couple days ago as I have decided to complete Demogoblin.  According to the product page, order confirmation, and shipping notice the figure would arrive today via USPS. It didn't, and according to the USPS tracking info, they haven't even received the package yet.

I contact customer support (ALWAYS fun), first guy tells me the post office was probably mistaken, and the package would arrive Saturday.

I asked to speak to a supervisor (ALWAYS talk to a supervisor), as the phone grunts are pretty much useless.

Second guy apologizes, and makes with the usual courtesy cash (Yay!), then goes on to explain that the first guy was right and Spidey would arrive TOMORROW, Saturday the 1st by end of day. For those playing at home, tomorrow is Friday the 31st.

Upon me pointing this out to him, second guy explains that both he and first guy were correct as Saturday the 1st. starts tomorrow at 11:59 pm. So the package would arrive tomorrow by end of day.

I've been fighting a sinus headache all morning, and it was time for lunch so I cut my losses, took the 10 dollar certificate and let the guy go. If I'm back in sorts tomorrow I may try another game of "Is Amazon Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" Until then . . . I REALLY gotta stop ordering from these guys.

Got myself a dark beast today at target. that store has been slim pickens lately. looks like there starting there resets with gi joe showing up and all the new transformers stuff. hopefully legends are to follow.

11 hours ago, mako said:

So, I ordered Velocity Suit Spider-Man from Amazon a couple days ago as I have decided to complete Demogoblin.  According to the product page, order confirmation, and shipping notice the figure would arrive today via USPS. It didn't, and according to the USPS tracking info, they haven't even received the package yet.

I contact customer support (ALWAYS fun), first guy tells me the post office was probably mistaken, and the package would arrive Saturday.

I asked to speak to a supervisor (ALWAYS talk to a supervisor), as the phone grunts are pretty much useless.

Second guy apologizes, and makes with the usual courtesy cash (Yay!), then goes on to explain that the first guy was right and Spidey would arrive TOMORROW, Saturday the 1st by end of day. For those playing at home, tomorrow is Friday the 31st.

Upon me pointing this out to him, second guy explains that both he and first guy were correct as Saturday the 1st. starts tomorrow at 11:59 pm. So the package would arrive tomorrow by end of day.

I've been fighting a sinus headache all morning, and it was time for lunch so I cut my losses, took the 10 dollar certificate and let the guy go. If I'm back in sorts tomorrow I may try another game of "Is Amazon Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" Until then . . . I REALLY gotta stop ordering from these guys.

Tell me about it, Amazon never explained how they lost 25 books I had ordered

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

Tell me about it, Amazon never explained how they lost 25 books I had ordered

Tell me about it. On top of everything else, I had to contact customer service AGAIN, because the guy I talked to never put through the Gift Certificate. I swear, if I thought for an instant this level of incompetence was a result of the current Covid confusion, I MIGHT have cut them some slack, but Amazon was doing this to me years before anyone knew or cared what a Corona Virus was.

19 hours ago, McHogan said:

Was able to find the retro Peter Parker and Electro this past weekend. Oddly (or maybe not) the only two I didn’t pre-order. 

Those glasses on PP... jury is still out. On one hand, very retro, so fitting. One the other, without them, or if they were removable, this would look like PP of any era.

seems like this Peter will get released down the road without the glasses. Any bets?

has anybody tried cutting them off? i assume some glue would be left behind, dunno.  But i'm guessing there are reviewers who must have taken a stab at it.  I would guess that mostly i would have him with the half-mask head on anyhow.

Found the Retro/Vintage Spidey wave. They had evidently just opened two cases. Got Gwen, Goblin and Electro!! Mighty fine figures. If you need em let me know ...I can go back to Wal-Mart pretty QUICK.

Update: they are gone...all of em. 

If anyone finds an extra Spidey or Emma Frost from Walgreens please let me know. 

Thanks