Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

My nearest (and quite awful) Walmart had the entire Strong Guy wave and I was able to complete it.  Walbombs is just soooo unpredictable.  It will have nothing for weeks and then all of the sudden, have a glut of the latest wave.  Also, my local Targets have the Sugar Man wave marked down to $13.99.  I'm in SE Michigan.

11 hours ago, McHogan said:

That Pirate Deadpool has been surprisingly elusive in Michigan.

I bit the bullet and bought Piratepool (I just need Shiklah...'s BAF part and the cute shark).

11 hours ago, McHogan said:

Guess he isn’t the waste of plastic many have decreed him to be.

I think he's gonna be like Red Goblin. Sought after BAF leg (Kingpin/Strong Guy) but the actual figure itself will be sold off. There's a toy/collectable store here in Vancouver that has about 7 Red Goblins with no BAF.

You win some, you lose some.  Local Target has the Storm and Thunderbird 2 pack but won't sell it until the 4th.  But at least I picked up Black Tom, one step closer to Strong Guy.

14 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

My payment has cleared for the Hellfire Club box set, for whatever that means.  I ordered as soon as it went live for Pulse Premium members on 09.23.  Has anyone that ordered the following day seen payment activity on their cards yet?

Not sure if it would be different for premium members on day two, but as a regular member, no, mine's listed as a pre-order for some time in March.

15 hours ago, greenlucario said:

You win some, you lose some.  Local Target has the Storm and Thunderbird 2 pack but won't sell it until the 4th.  But at least I picked up Black Tom, one step closer to Strong Guy.

Not sure if it would be different for premium members on day two, but as a regular member, no, mine's listed as a pre-order for some time in March.

Same, I won't be charged till it ships in March is my understanding.

Well, i'm way behind everyone else but finally picked up the Family Matters 3-pack and am totally loving it. 

I think Quicksilver looks much better in hand than in the product photos, although i get the complaints about his head size and wisps of hair not sticking out. 

While Scarlet Witch has never been a character i'm all that fond of, a beautiful figure and obviously a pretty key member the Avengers roster for many eras.

And while i had gotten use to the Apoc wave Magneto in black, definitely digging this figure in the classic colors (while still understanding some of the complaints people had). 

Of course now the set will probably go on sale but whatever, since i'm not able to get Hellfire Club until (maybe) March, this (and Kingpin who is arriving next week) is my consolation prize and its a great one!  woohoo

not particularly interesting but I decided to pull the trigger on MCU Hela & Skurge 2pack, it's been on sale for quite some time, I paid 30 bucks (which is awesome in Canada for a 2pack) , I didn't think I needed it because I already had MCU Hela, but I thought for the price and the fact Skurge looks real good, and Hela is such an Update why not, plus lets help all these stores clear some of these insane pegwarming 80th Anniversary packs.  I am pretty happy with my buy, that Hela is such an improvement damn.

30 minutes ago, mako said:

Just went by Pulse and canceled my War Machine Pre-order. Turns out Amazon has it up for 26.97. With my free Prime shipping, it's around 3 bucks cheaper with an estimated delivery of next Monday. Beats the snot out of waiting for Pulse and Fed Ex.

And hey, there's a pandemic on, three bucks is three bucks.

It really boggles my mind that Hasbro, the people who make these figures would be one of the last people to get the figures in, but it seems to be a pretty standard case, always seems odd that many retailers have these figures before the actual manufacturing companies etailer does, why would it be beneficial for Hasbro to always send out these figures to everyone else before they stock them.

spacer.png

You'd think they'd like to be first out the gate with their own products

most stores have had WM for like at least a month now.

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

It really boggles my mind that Hasbro, the people who make these figures would be one of the last people to get the figures in, but it seems to be a pretty standard case, always seems odd that many retailers have these figures before the actual manufacturing companies etailer does, why would it be beneficial for Hasbro to always send out these figures to everyone else before they stock them.

spacer.png

You'd think they'd like to be first out the gate with their own products

most stores have had WM for like at least a month now.

The fact Hasbro sell them at all is bad enough. If they got them first they would put every etailer that buys their product to sell from them out of business. Hasbro isn't an etailer they are a manufacture.

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah, i heard it hit at a Target in Burbank, CA.  Unfortunately my understanding is the DCPI is the same as wave 1 Gamerverse which makes looking up inventory on popfindr trickier.  I'm not too worried as Wave 1 Gamerverse wasn't hard to find.

Doesn't matter to me. I've never been about the pre-orders, but I've got the only figures from this wave I want on pre-order right now. Let somebody else do the brick-n-mortar hunting, Mako's tired, and gas costs money.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

The fact Hasbro sell them at all is bad enough. If they got them first they would put every etailer that buys their product to sell from them out of business. Hasbro isn't an etailer they are a manufacture.

Considering most of those e-tailers you're so worried about are the first to tack on those scalper mark-ups (a practice Pulse does NOT share) and over-priced shipping, I got no problem with any or every one of them going under.

Plus, nobody complains when Neca sells their own stuff.

8 hours ago, mako said:

Considering most of those e-tailers you're so worried about are the first to tack on those scalper mark-ups (a practice Pulse does NOT share) and over-priced shipping, I got no problem with any or every one of them going under.

Hey man when all the etailers are out of business and all thats left are the big box retailers and Hasbro, LMK how the hobby is. If you think its bad now, you ain't seen nothing yet.

22 hours ago, mako said:

You have an astoundingly bad grasp on economics.