Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 10/4/2020 at 8:15 PM, darknight86 said:

So with the hoopla surrounding the Storm/Thunderbird set release , here’s my story.   Shout out to GrtwhiteCustoms and or bashpics99 for alerting the community about  popfindr as a resource.  WAY BETTER THAN BRICKSEEK.  I was able to check quantities at local targets in my area via popfindr and figured out my best attack plan.  I saw that the quantity change at my closest Target and figured that I would go to the next closest one.  I got up at 5:45AM and made it to that Target at 6:30AM.  There were two guys in waiting then and I assumed that they were there for the 2 pack as well.  But they were there for the new Funko POP releases.  I was ecstatic, the store had 4 on hand and I would have 1st dibs!!!!  So I chilled (not literally) and to everyone’s surprise a manager or two came to the front around 7:15 to find out what we were looking for and were going to let us know what was in stock.  Me being the only one interested in ML, one mgr./employee looked at me as if I was speaking Klingon.  I gave him the DCPI and he verified that they had it.  When 8AM hit, we all walked in as if we were a school group on a trip.  I broke off and went down the aisle where the Legends were.  I found ZERO on the shelves.  I was getting crazed at this point.  I saw an employee two aisles over and gave him the DCPI and he told me that there were zero on the floor but he would check in the back.  After he left another customer told me that he saw the set but they were gone in electronics.   I almost went apoplectic!   I went to electronics dept. register and saw the line of humanity that had been behind me, waiting for their turn and behind the counter was a lot of plastic: the multiple Funko POPS releases, ML 2 packs (Deadpool/Negasonic , Magneto/Professor X, Old Man Logan/Hawkeye, Storm/Thunderbird),  Domino (Deadpool 2), Cable (Deadpool 2)  and Wolverine (Hugh Jackman).  Luckily when I went up to the counter, the manager/employee who check on the quantities for me earlier was ringing people up and told me that he would take care of me.  Five minutes later, Ms. Monroe and Mr. Proudstar were mine!!!  My Giant Size X-Men team is just about complete (where's that updated Banshee?)  So I’m happy and a little tired and had to go to work after this chase, but as Hannibal Smith says, “ I love it when a plan comes together.”

Storm-Thunderbird  2 PK.jpg

Great story with a great ending. Sounds like the manager at your Target is a hellova lot cooler than mine. Mine just acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and didn't even bother to educate himself either. Ultimately, it was clear he was covering for his employees who were either holding the product for themselves or for scalpers. I assume it was the latter.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 2:04 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

May I ask when you ordered the set and how long the shipping took?

I ordered on the Wednesday for Premium Members right at 9am (Pacific) when it went live. My FedEx shipping originally said it would arrive in WA state on Oct 8th but has now been updated Oct 12th. I don't get it.

Some of these seem to be arriving earlier than others. I ordered mine on 23 Sep and it arrived either 01 or 02 Oct. That's about a week. I know a guy who ordered the same time and still doesn't have it.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 5:15 PM, darknight86 said:

So with the hoopla surrounding the Storm/Thunderbird set release , here’s my story.   Shout out to GrtwhiteCustoms and or bashpics99 for alerting the community about  popfindr as a resource.  WAY BETTER THAN BRICKSEEK.  I was able to check quantities at local targets in my area via popfindr and figured out my best attack plan.  I saw that the quantity change at my closest Target and figured that I would go to the next closest one.  I got up at 5:45AM and made it to that Target at 6:30AM.  There were two guys in waiting then and I assumed that they were there for the 2 pack as well.  But they were there for the new Funko POP releases.  I was ecstatic, the store had 4 on hand and I would have 1st dibs!!!!  So I chilled (not literally) and to everyone’s surprise a manager or two came to the front around 7:15 to find out what we were looking for and were going to let us know what was in stock.  Me being the only one interested in ML, one mgr./employee looked at me as if I was speaking Klingon.  I gave him the DCPI and he verified that they had it.  When 8AM hit, we all walked in as if we were a school group on a trip.  I broke off and went down the aisle where the Legends were.  I found ZERO on the shelves.  I was getting crazed at this point.  I saw an employee two aisles over and gave him the DCPI and he told me that there were zero on the floor but he would check in the back.  After he left another customer told me that he saw the set but they were gone in electronics.   I almost went apoplectic!   I went to electronics dept. register and saw the line of humanity that had been behind me, waiting for their turn and behind the counter was a lot of plastic: the multiple Funko POPS releases, ML 2 packs (Deadpool/Negasonic , Magneto/Professor X, Old Man Logan/Hawkeye, Storm/Thunderbird),  Domino (Deadpool 2), Cable (Deadpool 2)  and Wolverine (Hugh Jackman).  Luckily when I went up to the counter, the manager/employee who check on the quantities for me earlier was ringing people up and told me that he would take care of me.  Five minutes later, Ms. Monroe and Mr. Proudstar were mine!!!  My Giant Size X-Men team is just about complete (where's that updated Banshee?)  So I’m happy and a little tired and had to go to work after this chase, but as Hannibal Smith says, “ I love it when a plan comes together.”

Storm-Thunderbird  2 PK.jpg

Shout out to GrtWhiteCustoms….hooked me up! tHANKS FOR

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 8:52 AM, Reno said:

Gone from the online store. I went to my Target this morning and they had none. They had 4 each of the movie Logan/Prof X and Mystique but I have no interest in those. They also have never actually had the Cobra Island Joes on the shelf at any time that I've ever seen. I guess I'll be buying Thunderbird on ebay....

Gi Joes cobra never showed out here either. Hasbro needs to stop doing exclusives with these retailers or at least get better control. The corporate number I called said they expected more Storm by X-Mas....though who knows....

6 hours ago, Benn said:

Glad to see the oft-forgotten X-Man Pop-Eye represented here.

Hahaha at one point in time Popeye was getting a comic from Marvel I believe, he could be "canon"

edit*

Popeye in the X-Men display...I Accept it, legit bro

spacer.pngspacer.png

a mutant whose x-genes were only triggered and activated when he consumed special spinach.. I've seen stranger.

Well Amazon delayed my Avengers wave again. Instead of mid October they are saying  November 4th..

while this is fine, Amazon created some mild hysteria for me by saying they were going  to arrive last Friday. 

If they would have said November 4 th initially I wouldn’t have thought twice and would have been happy about that date. But since Amazon told me they were shipping last week every email from them since is another kick to the boys..hopefully they can keep this third date now

15 hours ago, McHogan said:

Well Amazon delayed my Avengers wave again. Instead of mid October they are saying  November 4th..

while this is fine, Amazon created some mild hysteria for me by saying they were going  to arrive last Friday. 

If they would have said November 4 th initially I wouldn’t have thought twice and would have been happy about that date. But since Amazon told me they were shipping last week every email from them since is another kick to the boys..hopefully they can keep this third date now

Yeah man Amazon are really mostly masters of the pre-order miss & lies, I have had so many Cancellations this year from Amazon, and delays and delays to eventual cancellations it's really nerve racking, they have a very terrible pre-order method going on here, I just recently got my Classified Arctic Storm Shadow cancelled, and I put that order up on the day it came out as with like every single Canadian and we all got our figures cancelled, Amazon! this is your exclusive, why don't you have it's not like they accidently got sent to another store it's your exclusive, there is no excuses with this BS, and they don't care, I've yelled at customer service at least 6 times this year, and the apathy is astonishing. Bottom line Amazon if you can't fullfill don't try, get a better pre-order model, pay attention, cap orders, stop over shooting.

On 10/7/2020 at 10:32 PM, McHogan said:

Same here. I got excited at work when I saw the emails thinking they were shipped because it said update on them then went back and read them to find they were actually delayed. Actually felt like Charlie Brown about to go and kick the football only to have Lucy jerk it away at the last second. Debating if I want to keep these with Amazon or stick with Dorkside Toys.

35 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I finally got Retro Goblin and Electro, and AOA Apocalypse in the Mail

ApocGobElec.jpg

Nice score! Haven’t gotten Apocalypse quite yet but seen him once and the expression on his face made me laugh as I passed him by, like he was looking/laughing right at me. Should’ve bought him right then and there!

12 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

Nice score! Haven’t gotten Apocalypse quite yet but seen him once and the expression on his face made me laugh as I passed him by, like he was looking/laughing right at me. Should’ve bought him right then and there!

Yeah I have never seen Apocalypse in the wild myself yet or the other two, and I pre-ordered these guys the day they went live to order in Canada, man Canada is slow on the uptake

Apocalypse looks great, but yes that laughing face is pretty silly I gotta say, I'm switching that one out.