Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Got my Storm & Thunderbird 2-pack delivered today from Target. Toy package was dinged up and the box they shipped it in was beat to crap. 🙄 The figures themselves, however, seem fine and I don't store them in the package so I'm happy to finally get them in hand.

Damn. I hope my 2-pack from Target isn't like that. It would be my second 2-pack that I was gonna keep Mint in Box.

Stopped in Walgreens while on a whiskey run tonight to try my luck and found a Silver Centurion Iron Man.  He was the last one and obviously hidden behind some Halloween decorations for someone's later retrieval, but I could also tell that he was being displayed in the seasonal stuff and not with the other action figures.  Wouldn't have checked there if not for @bashpics99's advice.  Thanks for the tip!  You made my night.

Covington, Kentucky area.

Went and checked out my local EB games yesterday, and low and behold they had the new Morbius, they said he was the only figure they recieved from the Venom wave, either way guess this wave is making its way out here in Canada, also finally saw Movie Domino for the first time, I passed on both since I'm waiting for pre-orders.

On 10/20/2020 at 1:37 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Damn. I hope my 2-pack from Target isn't like that. It would be my second 2-pack that I was gonna keep Mint in Box.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on keeping a copy in box because of your love of the characters, the cool box art or the chance that it will become a rare collectible? 

For the Avengers figures I normally get two. Honestly not sure why I started doing that. But now it’s (an expensive) habit. Keep thinking I’ll go back to getting only one but then I can’t resist. I’m sick 😷 

Was in my local Targets again this past weekend and the shelves are full of this 2 pack. It has gone from most wanted when the presells sold out instantly to potentially shelf warming from being TOO available.. 

Target can’t seem to get it right. Spidey / MJ and Red Hulk were no shows in my area ( to get Rulk I had to drive quite a bit out of my way and grab a in store pick up and went online to get the Spidey set). Now Storm set may get clearanced out and make future sets hard to get again because they won’t order as many.. vicious circle. 

Edit: or like the Hawkeye / Widow set it could be readily available for months then disappear and take a huge jump on the secondary market.. who knows with these things

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

Out of curiosity, are you planning on keeping a copy in box because of your love of the characters, the cool box art or the chance that it will become a rare collectible?

Storm in her Giant-Sized X-men look is my fave costume (secretly hoping that's the direction they go for her MCU look...ok, maybe give her pants lol) so this box set was definitely one of my most coveted. The box art is pretty cool too.

I originally was only gonna get one, and was always going to open it to display. So when I found out it was "In Stock" on Target.com I jumped right on it, thinking I would never find it locally here in Canada. I ship most of my US-bought items to my US address and drive down when I get the chance.

Lo and behold, the set also ended up being easily acquirable here in our Toys R Us. Plus I had a $15 off coupon + a 15% discount. I couldn't say no to getting it right away. So now I'm "stuck" with two. Who knows? Maybe eventually this set will also go up in price (the Dark Phoenix 2-pack was plentiful in stores here, at one point). But that's not my motivation for this particular set.

TL;DR I love this Storm costume, I needed a Thunderbird on the shelf now and I got the second boxed set deeply discounted at $35.

Anyone finding Kang/Jocasta/ Thunderstrike? I really want KANG..he looks AMAZING. Picked up Jocasta from eBay for $22 that's about max I'll spend with no BAF PIECE. On the fence with Falcon. The costume I want is the traditional one and I think they will rerelease it at a later time. However I could be wrong. Just don't want to spend double money. 

If ya find KANG or Thunderstrike please think if me.

Classic Kang is very cool & Hasbro did an outstanding job on him but he's just not a character I've ever really been enamored with. I'll wait on a classic 70s Falcon. Every one else is a huge pass for me. Though with Jocasta being made, I really hope that means that classic Perez Ultron is coming in 21'.

SjhjdbP.jpg

8 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Anyone finding Kang/Jocasta/ Thunderstrike? I really want KANG..he looks AMAZING. Picked up Jocasta from eBay for $22 that's about max I'll spend with no BAF PIECE. On the fence with Falcon. The costume I want is the traditional one and I think they will rerelease it at a later time. However I could be wrong. Just don't want to spend double money. 

I mean if you aren’t needing him yesterday, Amazon has him less than $20 with free shipping and November 1st release date..

i know many factors go into why people don’t order from them but I’m thinking he won’t be too hard to find.. once he gets mass released that is

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

I mean if you aren’t needing him yesterday, Amazon has him less than $20 with free shipping and November 1st release date..

i know many factors go into why people don’t order from them but I’m thinking he won’t be too hard to find.. once he gets mass released that is

Yeah i agree. i know sometimes waves this time of year can be a bit understocked in Target/WM  (I'm thinking of Endgame wave 3 and Vintage wave 2) but i feel like this one will be easy enough to find in the wild. That said, i will probably order from amazon if i don't find the wave before Nov 1st .  Only really looking for Kang, Falcon and Jocasta although Fixit is tempting.

9 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I have them all pre-ordered with Amazon, and just got a shipping notice on Thunderstrike a few minutes ago.  He'll be here tomorrow.  In light of that, I seriously doubt they'll now wait until the 1st to ship Kang, Jocasta, and Falcon.

10 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I think I mentioned before that I saw the entire wave on the shelf at my Target on Oct 4th when going after a Storm 2pack. I took Kang for myself but passed up Jocasta and Thunderstrike as they both had some paint slop that didn’t look like easy fixing. Didn’t really want that version of Falcon, but noticed his mask/face was a mess of a paint job too.

2 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

I think I mentioned before that I saw the entire wave on the shelf at my Target on Oct 4th when going after a Storm 2pack. I took Kang for myself but passed up Jocasta and Thunderstrike as they both had some paint slop that didn’t look like easy fixing. Didn’t really want that version of Falcon, but noticed his mask/face was a mess of a paint job too.

And this is why the question of whether or not collectors would like their figures in a windowless box would be a hard sell..

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

My GamerVerse Iron Man, Cap, and Thunderstrike are currently out for delivery.  No change or movement on the other three in the wave.

According to Amazon, the rest of the Gamerversers (or at least the ones I ordered) are still on schedule to arrive on Nov. 4. Of course, this is AMAZON, so who knows.

Finally got Jubilee, really impressed with her, Hasbro really put a lot of new sculpting into her, her addition makes me closer to completing 90s X-Men but I'm still missing Bishop,  but with prices going so high on him I will have to either wait for new rerelease or redo, because I just can't justify giving over 35-40 for Hyperion base body even though head sculpt is indeed phenomenal. 

122171434_361685995039812_2661012763719512619_n.jpg

122143443_1308409289498155_1460022213755866198_o.jpg

8 hours ago, mako said:

According to Amazon, the rest of the Gamerversers (or at least the ones I ordered) are still on schedule to arrive on Nov. 4. Of course, this is AMAZON, so who knows.

Yeah, mine says the same thing (though a later arrival date because I don't have Prime).  I just find it odd that half the wave is already out and the rest are still showing the same date.  I don't use Amazon a lot for entire waves, so maybe this is status quo for them.