Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Snagged House of X Moira, Omega Sentinel, Wolverine and Marvel Girl. Of the lot only Marvel Girl comes off as a miss, especially in comparison with Moira who easily avoids the very issue that makes Marvel Girl a Cannonball-Level joke.

They gave Moira a softer-plastic skirt complete with a slit for articulation sake, and saddle Jean with this hard-plastic monstrosity!

For the thousandth time, if you're making super-articulated figures, DON'T hamstring them with hard-plastic coats/skirts. If you have to have the hard-plastic . . . WHY waste money on articulation?

1 hour ago, mako said:

Snagged House of X Moira, Omega Sentinel, Wolverine and Marvel Girl. Of the lot only Marvel Girl comes off as a miss, especially in comparison with Moira who easily avoids the very issue that makes Marvel Girl a Cannonball-Level joke.

They gave Moira a softer-plastic skirt complete with a slit for articulation sake, and saddle Jean with this hard-plastic monstrosity!

For the thousandth time, if you're making super-articulated figures, DON'T hamstring them with hard-plastic coats/skirts. If you have to have the hard-plastic . . . WHY waste money on articulation?

Yeah its kinda crazy.  my understanding is that jean's skirt is re-use from peggy carter, and i recall complaints at the time that 2-pack came out about how much the skirt hindered poseability. Why they would re-use it here when they have the MJ/Gwen softer skirt available makes no sense to me other than that they really really wanted to vary the heights of the wave figures.  I dunno

on a side note, kinda wish Moira's hat was removable so she could do the Mary Tyler Moore pose; "Mutants are gonna make it after alllllll" (meow)

6 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

on a side note, kinda wish Moira's hat was removable so she could do the Mary Tyler Moore pose; "Mutants are gonna make it after alllllll" (meow)

Doesn't bother me one way or the other, I'm sticking with the glasses head. A like-long obsession with low-rent actioners like Assault on Dome 4 and Deadly Takeover have given me quite the appreciation for the "Kinda-Hot Science Chick" archetype.

11 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Just got an email from Hasbro Pulse that the Hellfire Club box set I ordered on September 24th will see a delay in shipping and is now expected to ship on May 6th. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

what kind of BS is this, it was supposed to ship out end of this month, now may 6th! almost 8 months since we all ordered, I almost don't even want this anymore.

we really have been waiting an eternity, what's Hasbro's problem here?

25 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Yeah we waited long long time, I don't understand how they managed to screw this, ugh... considering how fast they were producing marvel legends in general, maybe they had massive QC issues there.

It all doesn't really seem to make sense, Hasbro can pump out figures like nobody's business and yet this 4 pack, which has already been out (for some) is sitting in limbo, it all hardly makes sense, it seems more like a strange cruel game then anything, I don't think there has been a legends release that has been so oddly handled. My only thought is that there is a shipping crate of these siting on a boat someplace in the bermuda triangle and it's inaccessible.

I got that e-mail, but about my Star Wars Black Series "Heroes of Endor" set. There are so many factors, and Hasbro uses a bunch of different factories, so who the heck knows. 

49 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

It all doesn't really seem to make sense, Hasbro can pump out figures like nobody's business and yet this 4 pack, which has already been out (for some) is sitting in limbo, it all hardly makes sense, it seems more like a strange cruel game then anything, I don't think there has been a legends release that has been so oddly handled. My only thought is that there is a shipping crate of these siting on a boat someplace in the bermuda triangle and it's inaccessible.

These are a second run, though, it's not like a bunch of inventory disappeared. I'm guessing the lack of having SDCC last year made it a non-issue for them to do a second run of the toys that would have been SDCC exclusives. It looks like the second run of the would-have-been-SDCC-exclusive Transformers set also got pushed back, so it's the second runs of at 3 of those exclusive items being delayed.

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I have suggestion for Hasbro, We should get Retro Spidey or Retro Rogue as bonus for making us wait so long, but seriously some coupon with 20% off would be good gesture.

Makes since to me. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but when an Amazon shipment is late they give me cash vouchers for their sight.

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I have suggestion for Hasbro, We should get Retro Spidey or Retro Rogue as bonus for making us wait so long, but seriously some coupon with 20% off would be good gesture.

Definitely on board, I could use a second retro-spidey, the paint apps on my first one's eyes weren't quite right.  Not that they would do something like this, but it's a great idea.

As if on cue, another Amazon order hits a snag. The House of X Cyclops and Prof. X I ordered this morning, ONLY because they would arrive tomorrow, now it seems SHOULD arrive Friday. Delayed At the Carrier (AGAIN!?!) Every Bloody Time . . . 

As usual, they handed me a another $5 "Sorry We FUBARed Your Order" certificate. I swear, who needs stimulus when your preferred e-tailer has an in-house shipping service that can't read a @#$%ing map?

It takes many months for a factory to fulfill an order from the time Hasbro places it. It doesn't seem like it because they normally place their orders for the second and third runs of a product before the first run is even out, but this situation is different because they literally printed these products to order. The SDCC stock they had in-hand, that they no doubt ordered from the factory in like January of 2020, didn't last all that long, but they decided to do a second run based on orders received over that weekend, so nobody would feel like they missed out (and presumably also to fill a swimming pool or two with money). Every single date Hasbro puts on their site says "approximately" before it, and every SDCC product was clearly labeled as a preorder once they had run out of existing stock. It sucks that people have to wait longer than they thought they would have to, but there literally aren't enough shipping containers in the world to catch up to the backlog of stuff that's supposed to ship from China to the US in the wake of the pandemic shut-downs, so it's pretty understandable that some stuff would be delayed.

4 hours ago, mako said:

Pre-Ordered most of the Bad Guys wave and House' Magneto on Amazon. They apparently don't have Scientist Supreme, and since Chippendale's Doom doesn't come with a BAF piece, I don't need another (Retro Doom is just fine).

I I preorded some of the wave on Amazon was pretty salty the scientist Supreme was out of stock. And bought the house wolverine few days back finally got it in, really love like another perfect wolverine for me.

Decided to hit up Amazon again for Retro Black Cat. I could've opted for a 22 dollar one from one Amazon's associate sellers, that would've gotten here Thursday. Instead I decided "What the H#!!," and went for the 29 dollar one which'll come tomorrow. I had a little extra cash, and I'll probably be able to make back most of the tab selling my Goblin Series Cat on Ebay.

And of course, this IS Amazon. Chances are they'll screw up and I'll end up with more courtesy cash anyway.

4 hours ago, WeaponXXX said:

Just some new legends I've picked up and a picture of Wanda and quicksliver I wish they do an evan peters Quicksilver the house of x wave is great my opinion the last picture Spidey drops in on DD vs Electro

20210322_162458.jpg

20210322_190336.jpg

20210322_162447.jpg

20210320_161534.jpg

20210124_215153.jpg

20210108_153050.jpg

Were you able to get that Children of Thanos  set for a decent price? Or did you have to bite the bullet and pay the redonkulous current going rate for that set on Amazon?

16 hours ago, McHogan said:

Were you able to get that Children of Thanos  set for a decent price? Or did you have to bite the bullet and pay the redonkulous current going rate for that set on Amazon?

To be honest I paid $200 for it I'm not upset at all these things happen with exclusives and I'm the guy who if I really want something I'll get it 

1 hour ago, WeaponXXX said:

To be honest I paid $200 for it I'm not upset at all these things happen with exclusives and I'm the guy who if I really want something I'll get it 

I’m the same way. And this set is off the charts cool

i actually bought 2 at time of pre-order and at first had buyers remorse for dropping that much. In hindsight, with the cost of 1 set near the cost of 2 I made the right call..

9 hours ago, WeaponXXX said:

Oh dang that set is back up on Amazon for the original $119.. too late to send yours back and save yourself some cash?