Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Got my classic Thanos in and finally broke down and got Red Guardian and Spymaster to finish of Crimson Dynamo.  Dynamo is a really solid BAF in person, and Thanos is excellent.  I wish he had better articulation, but he just looks amazing, so you can sort of overlook some of the articulation issues.

1 hour ago, Dabboi said:

Snagged Shiklah and X-Man off of Amazon today (almost done with Sugar Man now!)

Also, the Shuri/Klaw pack is pretty cheap on Amazon as well; should I snag it?

I'm not sure which of those 2 figures interests you most but I found Klaw loose at a convention and I absolutely love that figure and recommend it for the Avengers villain shelf. It's a great use of that particular buck. Very poseable and a great paint app. I didn't want Shuri so I can't verify for her.

Found spiderverse Gwen today at target (they also had HoX magneto and prof x)... other than that between 2 Walmart’s just one Peter b Parker figure. Pretty slim pickings these days..

anyhow glad to get Gwen as she is the last figure from the wave I really want as I already found miles, Peter b and frogman during previous hunts. Might grab prowler if he gets marked down and if I ever see a hand ninja will probably grab him so I can finish off stilt man but no big deal if I don’t 

22 hours ago, Dabboi said:

Snagged Shiklah and X-Man off of Amazon today (almost done with Sugar Man now!)

Also, the Shuri/Klaw pack is pretty cheap on Amazon as well; should I snag it?

I’ve though about picking up a comic Klaw as well. Outside of paint is there any difference in the figure from the one from the Terrax series?

1 minute ago, McHogan said:

I’ve though about picking up a comic Klaw as well. Outside of paint is there any difference in the figure from the one from the Terrax series?

It's on a different mold, the Terrax uses one of the skinnier pre-modern bodies. The Ronan series Surfer one I think, with the outdated ball hips. The two pack uses the Sunfire mold with a headsculpt based on modern art, as opposed to the classic look of the Terrax.

The new one is a way better figure but I think I still prefer the Terrax because of the classic design.

My local Walmart has been bare of ML figs going on a few months now, last wave they had was the Mr Fix it wave, didn't care for any fig in that wave as most were video game based & was never a big Thunderstrike fan & I'll wait on Hasbro to make a classic 70s-80s Falcon. 4 months into 21' & only figs I've bought are Thanos & the Stiltman wave for Stiltman, Ninja & Frogman. Sold off the rest. I did pre-order the "Ursa Major" wave as I do want 5 of the 7 figs.  Not getting Eternals/Shang Chi figs  as imo, both waves are gonna be stinkers & on clearance within a month of release, only the IM in his comic classic colors might be a purchase if I see him on clearance. I do want that Quasar so hopefully will spot him at Walgreens whenever he does come out.  Has Nova hit stateside already?

17 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Picked up HoX Wolverine on Amazon when I saw it in stock again at the regular $19.99 price. Being two per case I would have thought this figure would have been easier to find. Did the whole HoX wave get under produced compared to other waves?

I can’t say for sure but maybe stores learned their lesson after over-ordering the AoA wave. Months after that wave was released and my local stores were still packed with nearly every figure. 

That was the last wave in recent memory that stores were saturated with. Most waves since were plentiful at first then have been long gone. Of course  I can only speak to stores in Western/Southern Michigan.

i5 seems this HoX wave has been relatively scarce. I’ve seen every figure at least once but seems to be moving pretty well

6 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I can’t say for sure but maybe stores learned their lesson after over-ordering the AoA wave. Months after that wave was released and my local stores were still packed with nearly every figure. 

That was the last wave in recent memory that stores were saturated with. Most waves since were plentiful at first then have been long gone. Of course  I can only speak to stores in Western/Southern Michigan.

i5 seems this HoX wave has been relatively scarce. I’ve seen every figure at least once but seems to be moving pretty well

I feel like Gamerverse wave 2 (Joe Fixit) wave was also quite well stocked.  These days i might see a full wave once... after that sells out seems like i might see 1-2 figures from the wave once in awhile. I'm not sure if hasbro is underproducing the waves or if big box stores have just gotten more conservative in terms of stocking them...maybe they figure its better to have the pegs empty most of the time rather than get stuck with a bunch of figures nobody wants to pay full price for (shrugs). 

Anyhow it'll be interesting to see what happens as it seems like we will have two mcu waves hitting the shelves nearly simultaneously.  I plan to prioritize the disney plus wave as i'm not sure if shang-chi will sell really well right now given that the movie is months away...otoh the reaction to the trailer has been pretty positive, from what i can tell.

15 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I feel like Gamerverse wave 2 (Joe Fixit) wave was also quite well stocked.  These days i might see a full wave once... after that sells out seems like i might see 1-2 figures from the wave once in awhile. I'm not sure if hasbro is underproducing the waves or if big box stores have just gotten more conservative in terms of stocking them...maybe they figure its better to have the pegs empty most of the time rather than get stuck with a bunch of figures nobody wants to pay full price for (shrugs). 

Anyhow it'll be interesting to see what happens as it seems like we will have two mcu waves hitting the shelves nearly simultaneously.  I plan to prioritize the disney plus wave as i'm not sure if shang-chi will sell really well right now given that the movie is months away...otoh the reaction to the trailer has been pretty positive, from what i can tell.

True, the Fix It wave was pretty easy to get too. I still see remnants of that wave except oddly the Iron Man and Cap figures. Even odder since many moaned about their inclusion, these are quite pricey on the secondary market.

ive forgotten about the Disney + wave.. when is that wave supposed to drop? This will be one to hunt for sure.  I really don’t anticipate the Shang Chi wave being hard to get. Even that recently revealed “Kate” figure looks so boring and figure most may pass on generic lady with a bow. The box art reminded me of Mulan haha..

Had a solid weekend, though not much at normal retail. Got the Select Hulk and Hulkbuster, a second Black Knight and Toybiz Hobgoblin.

Select Hulk is super impressive in-hand. I still prefer the face and superior articulation on the 80th, but can see why some prefer the sheer mass on this one. I bought it for the Robot Hulk head to keep with my villains, and really dig it for that. Figured I'd better throw in the Hulkbuster while at it since it feels unlikely we'll get a Legends for this design and it was always my favorite. It desperately needs to have its head popped out and reset but once you do that, it looks fantastic as well. Wish it had slightly better articulation and more hands like Hulk, but it's good enough for me.

The second Black Knight is just to have both Dane and Percy on-display; the former with the Avengers and the latter with my Masters of Evil. I probably need to boil some water to straighten the Ebony Blade back out though.

Finally grabbed the old Classics Hobgoblin from a local toy shop so that, when that retro figure comes out this year, I'll be able to have the whole Hobby family using this one as Jason. It's a crazy reminder of how wild Toybiz sculpting was; absolutely gorgeous cape and glider.

0416212049a~2.jpg

20 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

It has been fairly easy to find Nova at EB so hopefully you people south of border have the same luck with him. It's Silver Surfer that I have never seen on pegs (I got him thru preorders).

It seems that it all depends on the retailer that gets the exclusive. I’d feel better about my chances to find Nova ( but really nervous about finding Quasar) if the exclusive were say, Target. Or even Walmart as my local normally gets their exclusives in good numbers.

Walgreens has always been feast or famine. Will Nova and Quasar be the next Iron Man 2020 and be easy to find or the next Silver Surfer that I never saw in stores? 

And forget about Walgreens online pre-orders ( which isn’t a thing anymore?). Both my IM2020 and Moon Knight preorders got cancelled claiming it was my card that was the reason for the cancellation. Both a normal credit card and my PayPal card were used and Walgreens said both couldn’t be processed.

So im pretty bummed that Quasar, a character in that exact suit, and whom I’ve wanted for ages is going to cause me a considerable amount of stress until I either find him in the wild or decide that I’ll have to pay scalper prices to get him.

sounds like your EB games has got it figured out

28 minutes ago, Fyrefly21 said:

Had a solid weekend, though not much at normal retail. Got the Select Hulk and Hulkbuster, a second Black Knight and Toybiz Hobgoblin.

Select Hulk is super impressive in-hand. I still prefer the face and superior articulation on the 80th, but can see why some prefer the sheer mass on this one. I bought it for the Robot Hulk head to keep with my villains, and really dig it for that. Figured I'd better throw in the Hulkbuster while at it since it feels unlikely we'll get a Legends for this design and it was always my favorite. It desperately needs to have its head popped out and reset but once you do that, it looks fantastic as well. Wish it had slightly better articulation and more hands like Hulk, but it's good enough for me.

The second Black Knight is just to have both Dane and Percy on-display; the former with the Avengers and the latter with my Masters of Evil. I probably need to boil some water to straighten the Ebony Blade back out though.

Finally grabbed the old Classics Hobgoblin from a local toy shop so that, when that retro figure comes out this year, I'll be able to have the whole Hobby family using this one as Jason. It's a crazy reminder of how wild Toybiz sculpting was; absolutely gorgeous cape and glider.

0416212049a~2.jpg

That Black Knight is an amazing figure. I also have two. I customized one to reflect the Stern era suit and the other displays the winged helmet. The boxy Percy helmet is ok but not much attachment to that look.

Got my three extra Hand NInjas that've been on pre-order for a bit now.  With a couple Classified Red Ninjas it makes for a nice little Hand army.  Also picked up another Moonstar to do the Magma mods.

Finally pulled the trigger on the Rogue vs. Pyro set from Pulse, that arrived this morning. Ordered Thanos site to store from Target, picked that up yesterday. Ditto the Storm & Thunderbird set, which I picked up Monday (actually arrived early).

Not a bad week's hall, though I spent so much, I almost hope I DON'T find the Shang-Chi figures tomorrow. (Yeah, I know I'll end up regretting I said that.)

Oh yeah, dropped into the Walgreens in my old stomping grounds to check for a Nova this morning. No joy in Mudville, but I DID find a single Yellow Daredevil believe it or not. I didn't buy it, but man, THAT'S some serious peg-warming there.

Got woken up early by one of my cats.  Pulled up the Target app, says Katy is in stock at my nearest and available for pickup.  Also available:  Shang Chi, Iron Man, Wengwu, and Civil Warrior.  Death Dealer and Xialing were available for shipping but didn't appear to be in stock anywhere local, but ordered them to ship..  All (except Katy at $22.99) for $19.99 apiece plus the redcard 5% discount.  Now just waiting for the "order ready" around opening.

Strict limit of one on Katy.

If this is how Target handles exclusives moving forward it may mean a few late nights but I think I could live with it.  I don't think I've ever been able to order a Target toy exclusive for in store pickup before, and generally they haven't done it in the past for regular Marvel Legends either, that I can recall.

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I don't think I've ever been able to order a Target toy exclusive for in store pickup before, and generally they haven't done it in the past for regular Marvel Legends either, that I can recall.

I've been able to do this for every Legends and Black Series exclusive I've wanted from Target in recent memory: Storm/Thunderbird, Rogue, Gambit, Din Jarin/Grogu, Hondo, etc. The secret is that the listings go live at midnight central time, so it's 1am out here on the east coast. I've never tried with normal waves, so I can't speak to that.