Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

13 minutes ago, Benn said:

I've been able to do this for every Legends and Black Series exclusive I've wanted from Target in recent memory: Storm/Thunderbird, Rogue, Gambit, Din Jarin/Grogu, Hondo, etc. The secret is that the listings go live at midnight central time, so it's 1am out here on the east coast. I've never tried with normal waves, so I can't speak to that.

the only flaw is that this generally relies on an employee going to get the figures from the pegs (unless they are still in the back), so sometimes an early bird shopper can scoop up the figures before the employee has had a chance to pull them for you.  but i think it works most of the time

Guess it's just my local Targets that haven't normally been allowing virtually anything in the toy section be available for in-store pickup.  Mine will often show me when stuff is in stock at the local store, but it's never available for in-store pickup (until today).  And often the "in stock" is also either bullcrap or someone's hidden a figure (or case worth of figures) somewhere in the store because they're rarely anywhere to be found on the actual pegs.

UPDATE:  All of the items were either cancelled (MODOK), or shifted from "store pickup" to "Ship to home" (Including the exclusive), except for Civil Warrior.  So I guess we'll see if stuff actually ships or if we get to play the "delay, delay, delay cancel" game.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

the only flaw is that this generally relies on an employee going to get the figures from the pegs (unless they are still in the back), so sometimes an early bird shopper can scoop up the figures before the employee has had a chance to pull them for you.  but i think it works most of the time

Yeah, I'm always aware that's a possibility, but it hasn't happened to me so far.

Shang-Chi Day!!!

Decided to check the Target site before heading out to my local brick-n-mortar. Everyone but Deathdealer and Xailing were listed as "In Stock" at the Local store. They even had MODOK.

I've got laundry to do before I can go anywhere, and MODOK was listed as "Only One Left," so I snagged him and the in stock Shang-Chis for store pick up this afternoon, and Deathdealer and Xailing for shipping.

Paying with Paypal, so I only have to put down 52 bucks today (Bless you "Pay In 4"), so I'm gold.

Now if I could just talk my niece or nephews into doing my laundry . . . 

Amazon here in Canada is showing a listing for Disney+ wave, available for the 27th , it's however one of those get a random figure Assortment deals

https://www.amazon.ca/Avn-Disney-Legends-Baf-AST/dp/B08MVJ9FTK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=14B7WR4XPYK4J&dchild=1&keywords=avn+disney%2B+6"+legends&qid=1619373466&sprefix=Avn+dis%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1

doesn't seem that .com Amazon has this up yet,

for the fun of it I placed an order, we shall see what happens.

Winwu and Katy ended up being canceled from my "Pick Up" order, but no big thing, I went ahead and ordered Winwu off Pulse.

They weren't even on the pegs yet, in-store, so I wonder if pick up orders ate up their stock . . . or if they're just slow.

Who cares? if I should decide I can't live without a little plastic Aquafina, I'll try and track her down later. Meantime, at least I got my MODOK.

21 minutes ago, Neal said:

I picked up Katy and MODOK yesterday.

Nice score on MODOK!

Man, if I ever had an issue paying 50+ for this bad-boy, I got over it when I got to see that packaging in person. GORGEOUS! I haven't put it together yet (waiting for last few Shang-Chi figures to open my haul), but I cracked this one open just to see what it looked like. NICE!

Well worth it!

50 minutes ago, mako said:

Nice score on MODOK!

Man, if I ever had an issue paying 50+ for this bad-boy, I got over it when I got to see that packaging in person. GORGEOUS! I haven't put it together yet (waiting for last few Shang-Chi figures to open my haul), but I cracked this one open just to see what it looked like. NICE!

Well worth it!

Agreed ... he turned out great.  There's a nice weight to the figure.  I never had the original BAF, so I was pretty psyched to finally add him to the collection.  I wasn't disappointed.

25 minutes ago, Neal said:

Agreed ... he turned out great.  There's a nice weight to the figure.  I never had the original BAF, so I was pretty psyched to finally add him to the collection.  I wasn't disappointed.

I had MOST of the BAF. When it finally became obvious I would never find the base the figure was supposed to stand on, I finally sold it off.

This is MORE than a worthy successor.

9 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Got Nova today at EB games here in Canada. I'm really, really thankful they've been able to get Walmart exclusives, man. One thing I am also grateful for too during this Covid era is being able to go into an EB games outlet and not be up to my armpits in human bodies, lol (I'm tall).

IMG_2750.thumb.JPG.37fc8dbcf12e5763f3b6470268b480fe.JPG

Okay, I admit I'm just a wee bit jealous. I want this one . . . BAD. Not looking forward to hunting him down at my Walgreens stores for the next few weeks either.

12 minutes ago, mako said:

Okay, I admit I'm just a wee bit jealous. I want this one . . . BAD. Not looking forward to hunting him down at my Walgreens stores for the next few weeks either.

I feel you, man. I had to go out of my way to pick mine up too, and travelling anywhere during these times is really stressful. It'll be worth it, though! 

So Targets are getting weird man. I stopped at my local this morning because stock read that it had 6 Marvel’s Katy ( love how ridiculous the name is, I will always call her Marvel’s Katy). There are none on pegs so I ask. They said I could have 1 ( was going to pick up another for a friend) plus 1 of another figure in the wave. I said ok, any figure will do. Target brings me a crushed Marvel’s Katy and WenWu. Then says they are not putting the figures out yet. (10am Monday)

oooookay, I drive to another Target 30 some miles away that stock reads has 5 Marvel’s Katy’s . Again none on pegs but again I ask, this Target goes to back and grabs one for me then proceeds to put the other 4 on the pegs remarking how he wasn’t sure why these were in the back.

There were two other Targets within miles of each other so what the heck, I’ll see what those stores have. One is 6 WenWu’s deep with no others in sight. The last Target has everyone but Death Dealer and Xialing. On Sunday, at a completely different Target than the ones above had 6 A.I Starks but nothing else. 

Not sure about the rest of your hunt has gone but this wave has the oddest distribution I’ve seen in a wave ever. On top on one Targets hardball stance on letting people buy their product. 

So the 25 street date came and went and I’m only missing Death Dealer and Xialing ( can anyone confirm, are these two being released in stores later? Online says they are available for pick up by May 1st. Never saw them in the 5 or 6 Targets I looked in) 

Also was able to snag MODOK so overall not bad.

7 hours ago, McHogan said:

So Targets are getting weird man. I stopped at my local this morning because stock read that it had 6 Marvel’s Katy ( love how ridiculous the name is, I will always call her Marvel’s Katy).

The spiritual successor to TV's Frank!

You put far more effort than I did into this wave my friend. The second Target I hit (where I found Ka . . . Marvel's Katy), I only hit because I was picking up my niece next door anyway. Xailing and Death Dealer are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, and I should get Winwu . . . whenever Pulse decides to get off their butts and actually ship the bloody thing (this is why I didn't renew my Premium Membership).

Of course I managed to score Shang-Chi, Civil Warrior, and A.Iron Man in my initial pick-up order Sunday morning despite Katy and Winwu being canceled.

Final assessment? Just about the quickest I've ever wrapped up a hunt, with just enough snags and WTF moments to still make it interesting.

Anybody seen the dragon yet?

16 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I’ve seen the Dragon as well. Is this an official Legends piece or more in lines with their limited POA basics line? 

My guess is Basic line as the sculpt and articulation appear to be minimal 

The Dragon is a basic toy not part of the Legends line.