Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

10 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

(224 days and counting since I ordered the Hellfire Club set.)

yeah me too.  didn't they say it was shipping around may 6th or something in their last email? hopefully they won't delay it again. Anyhow i'm just glad i was able to order the set as that is certainly not a given with sdcc exclusives, and i find it unlikely there will be an sdcc set that holds as much appeal for me this year (we'll see...)

Well, went to WM today and they had the full Shang-chi wave on the pegs and i bought them all, although my wallet strongly protested.  I had planned on wating for a sale but in my defense my local WM rarely has many MLs on the pegs so i feel like when they do i should try and support them financially as i do want them to continue to carry the line. Later on when some of them get marked down to $10 or something i will probably regret this decision but oh well.

I will probably hold off on Katy though as my experience with most target hasbro exclusives is that they make tons of them and they end up being marked down (GI Joe aside, as well as red hulk)

On 4/27/2021 at 6:03 PM, JayC said:

Not ML, but ordered these yesterday off Dinsey and they arrived today.

IMG_1020.jpg

These are fun stylized figures, kinda reminds me of NECAs Toony Terrors. 

The Marvel stuff is just stylized like the old ToyBox figurines right? They don’t actually work on that old game correct? 

Man, that Disney ToyBox game.. too bad they pulled the trigger on shutting that one down so quickly, that game had tons of potential 

17 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

(224 days and counting since I ordered the Hellfire Club set.)

OUCH! Glad I opted to sit that one out.

I ordered 3 figures from Pulse, including Winwu. First, they divided my order into 3 separate shipments. Second, the tracking numbers for each shipment automatically took me to the USPS website where I got a "Status Not Available" notice. Apparently, they didn't recognize ANY of the numbers. After four days and four emails, Pulse Customer (snicker) Service finally responded, telling me they made a mistake and, despite the numbers automatically taking me to the USPS site, the figures were actually shipped FedEx.

Armed with corrected tracking numbers, I was able to get their status . . . sort of. One is scheduled to arrive today, with the other two "In Transit," but with Scheduled Delivery still listed as "Pending." BTW: Winwu, one of the Pending, the figure I wanted most of the three, was shipped dead last. As if that wasn't bad enough, I saw one at Walmart yesterday.

In case I haven't mentioned it before: THIS is why I don't renew my Premium Membership.

On 4/28/2021 at 8:06 AM, Neal said:

The Mr. Hyde wave arrived today from DorkSide.

I just recently returned to the Dark Side of Dorkside. They are a better outfit than most, regardless of their shytty attitude and ridiculous return policy. I got caught up in this whole Megalopolis mess, so I guess something's better than nothing. That being said, I got my Hyde wave yesterday too. If they're anything they're prompt. Was they BAF worth the price of the wave? I honestly don't think so, but I had to have it. But,......just because I'm really no fan of the character designs of the Shang-Chi figures (and movie), mor than anything, it doesn't mean they aren't well done. Not gonna get rid of them, but there's really no place in my display for them. Between this wave and the Eternals wave, and probably others, it looks like this will be the year of ornate robes and tunics. I'm just very happy that the Eternals wave will not have a BAF that I have to have.

Got these from Amazon. Pre-ordered Carol a month ago and ordered Johnny on Monday when they all went up for sale. Still not happy about how this wave/these waves are being distributed. I had to order Hulk and Magneto from another toy site, meanwhile I know people with access to better Target stores that have had the wave 2 Daredevil and Iceman figures since mid-March. 

spacer.png

Second Death Dealer arrived from Pulse today. I ordered it, and a second Xialing, to score the free shipping when I ordered Winwu. Originally, I was going to cancel the DD and X I ordered from Target, but this was the one time they were on the ball, and already had them in the shipping system by noon Sunday. So I'll wait for Winwu and Xialing II (huh, rhyme) to arrive tomorrow then two pick to return to Target for the refund.

I swear, sometimes I make things more complicated than they should be.

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

My package from dorksidetoys came today. Picked up a loose AI Iron man and the retro Captain America and Ms. Marvel. I painted the eyes, mouth, unibeam and nodes on Iron Man for a more comic accurate look. Turned out alright.

20210429_174813-01.jpeg

That looks great & looks like it lept off the pages of a Bob Layton drawing! What Yellow paint shade did you use?

43 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

That looks great & looks like it lept off the pages of a Bob Layton drawing! What Yellow paint shade did you use?

I really appreciate you saying that. I used a mix of citadel paint's flash gitz yellow and vallejo cold white. I just had to eyeball it until it matched. For the eyes and mouth  just vallejo black. 

Winwu and Xialing II were delivered a little while ago, duplicates have been returned to store, the wave is now complete. Let the opening begin!

Word of advice to collectors, unless you just absolutely don't wanna get out, consider checking stores before you order online. Winwu is EVERYWHERE!!!

If I knew then . . . 

22 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

My package from dorksidetoys came today. Picked up a loose AI Iron man and the retro Captain America and Ms. Marvel. I painted the eyes, mouth, unibeam and nodes on Iron Man for a more comic accurate look. Turned out alright.

20210429_174813-01.jpeg

Wow that does look great. I thought the blue was just fine.. and it is, but man does that look sharp. Nicely done

still no sign of Death Dealer or Xialing in my local stores but lately it seems there are two per wave that are tougher to find at first before finding them everywhere ( Phaige abs Morbius,  Venomized Miles and Gwen and now  DD & Xialing) 

not too worried as many online stores have them at MSRP so should just be a matter of time.

of the figures I’ve found they are very nicely designed but have done nothing to move the needle from boring AF. 

My other haul these past few days include NECAs Ming and Grady Twins.. no luck holding out on spreading my cash until the Disney+ wave drops

On 4/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

20210429_174813-01.jpeg

What type of and color paint did you use? If I get this figure and I'm feeling adventurous, I might try it myself. 

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

What type of and color paint did you use? If I get this figure and I'm feeling adventurous, I might try it myself. 

I always paint with acrylics. For the yellow I used Citadel Paints: Flash gitz yellow mixed with Vallejo: Cold White. Just mix the two until it looks as close as possible to the yellow the figure is cast in. As for the black it was just Vallejo: Black. I suggest a really small brush for the eyes and mouth.

6 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Thanks! I really appreciate that. I was fine with the blue too but it was an easy repaint so I figured why not?

Truth.. I just hope the Legends doesn’t go the route the Marvel Universe 3.75 figs went with upteenth repaints. 

I finally busted mine open and the classic red and yellow really pop.. I really do like your touch ups but man this is one well done figure, you really can’t not like it even with the blue. 

Yours reminds me of my first ever Iron Man I ever owned , Mattel’s Secret Wars!! This may have been my first exposure to this version of this classic armor..good memories.. awesome armor. Definitely a reason this armor speaks to so many people

Picked up the rest of the HoX wave (Magneto, Cyclops, and Professor X) mainly to complete the BAF.

Did get a email today from Pulse that my Hellfire Club box set shipped today!!! Too bad I can't display it since I'll be moving in a month to start a new job. Won't be able to display anything until I find a new house and all my figures will be in storage 😢