Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

I don't think they would drop the Eternals wave this far out from the movie and this close to the Shang-Chi wave.  Then again it's been a really weird year and Hasbro/Retailers may just want to get the stuff out of warehouses or wherever it's being stored sooner rather than later.

So I'd say Eternals are not impossible...but I wouldn't count them as super-likely. 

I'm gonna bet on another MCU figure or set.

Okay, so follow me on this. These new MCU tribute figures are more or less the next iteration of the First 10/80th Anniversary figures, which MSRP'd for 24 and some change. The baseline price for Basic Marvel Legends is about to shoot up 3 bucks. So does that mean we'll be paying 27-30 bucks before tax for ole' Pietro and company?

No lie, I actually had so much fun snagging the Shang-Chi figures, I'm thinking of getting back into MCUs. An MCU dedicated line would be a great start for me . . . but the pandemic stricken economy is still such that I'm lookin' real hard at prices.

28 minutes ago, mako said:

Okay, so follow me on this. These new MCU tribute figures are more or less the next iteration of the First 10/80th Anniversary figures, which MSRP'd for 24 and some change. The baseline price for Basic Marvel Legends is about to shoot up 3 bucks. So does that mean we'll be paying 27-30 bucks before tax for ole' Pietro and company?

No lie, I actually had so much fun snagging the Shang-Chi figures, I'm thinking of getting back into MCUs. An MCU dedicated line would be a great start for me . . . but the pandemic stricken economy is still such that I'm lookin' real hard at prices.

Pietro was $26.49, i believe. otoh the final battle thor that was up for preorder a while ago was $24.99 . My guess would be that we'll see Pietro level prices for the anniversary stuff going forward but who knows? in any case, at least its seemingly not a $3 increase like one might expect from the price change the regular figures are getting.

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Pietro was $26.49, i believe. otoh the final battle thor that was up for preorder a while ago was $24.99 . My guess would be that we'll see Pietro level prices for the anniversary stuff going forward but who knows? in any case, at least its seemingly not a $3 increase like one might expect from the price change the regular figures are getting.

Either way, not exactly a deal-killer, just gauging what I may be getting into.

Just found a Xialing, great sculpted boring character like the rest of the Shang Chi wave 😁.. if this weren’t MCU I’d avoid this wave easily. As it were, my OCD won’t let me not get it. 

Im hard on this wave for its less than super hero designs in a super hero movie I know. The best thing I can say about any of them is that they are incredibly sculpted. Glad to see that Hasbro will put in the work on figures that will no doubt be on clearance by the time the movie releases. Means the figures for movies I actually want to see will be given equal care.

only Death Dealer left to grab. The last near statue is at least the most visually impressive 

Got a shipping notification on my Hellfire Club Boxset, one step closer to finally having this one.  Picked up Death Dealer over the weekend, not a bad figure, looks great, articulation is what everyone else has been saying so far.

19 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Got MODOK! OMG you guys, WTF!! This figure is awesome! He's so disconcertingly big and ugly it's freaking cooler than cool! Hasbro really nailed this man. I really hope they keep with this deluxe format for other classic and freakishly proportioned characters!

I know, right? This thing is awesome!

How cool would it be if Hasbro started doing these on a regular basis as opposed to BAFs or HasScam?

I guarantee you, if they produced a half-way decent Galactus in a 50-60 dollar "Deluxe" format comparable to MODOK, they'd make the take from a HasScam release look like chump-change.

40 minutes ago, mako said:

I know, right? This thing is awesome!

How cool would it be if Hasbro started doing these on a regular basis as opposed to BAFs or HasScam?

I guarantee you, if they produced a half-way decent Galactus in a 50-60 dollar "Deluxe" format comparable to MODOK, they'd make the take from a HasScam release look like chump-change.

Totally agree! I have one....one BAF that I've complete since Marvel Legends was even a thing. By contrast, I have nearly every deluxe figure they've made so far since introducing the concept recently (and will have all of them soon enough). The math seems pretty clear to me!

Actually I'm pretty sure a "$50-$60" re-release/partial retool of the Marvel Universe Galactus (because that's exactly what it would be if Hasbro released him at that price range, don't fool yourselves otherwise) wouldn't make nearly the money that a HasLab Galactus would make, because a lot of collectors already have the Marvel Universe Galactus, the old Toy Biz Galactus BAF, or both, and it's unlikely they'd manage significant enough improvement over the previous Galactus figures to make it worth shelling out for the new one over just keeping the older ones.

But hey, look at the bright side:  The old versions will probably drop in price if a HasLab version comes out, so you can get your cheaper Galactus one way or another.

I've seen the Shang-Chi wave in its entirety multiple times at multiple walmarts, plus a handful of the wave at Target (and a few Katys).  

Hellfire Club arrived today, beautiful set and great packaging, definitely a good value for the price although it was a long wait. Still, since its not often everybody gets a chance to buy the sdcc set, i'm not gonna complain about the delay.  I'm guessing it will be a similar scenario this year, hopefully they will come up with something as compelling as this set.  Now we need Leland and Mastermind