Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

35 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Saw the entire Shang-Chi wave at a Walmart today. Picked up the A.I. Iron Man, which looks much better in hand than I thought from some of the promo images. I've never tried custom painting a figure, but I might take a shot at this one.

Are you doing a complete repaint or just covering the blue? If so, be sure and mix some yellow and white until it matches the yellow on the arms and legs. That was the part I had to figure out.

18 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Are you doing a complete repaint or just covering the blue?

Painting him a rainbow for Pride Month. 😉

18 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

If so, be sure and mix some yellow and white until it matches the yellow on the arms and legs. That was the part I had to figure out.

Yeah, I wrote down the acrylic colors you used on your paint job and I'll try to replicate that as much as possible.

I don't know how I feel about the Excalibur set potentially being the SDCC this year. Although I was able to score one set via the Day 1 Premium Member ordering window (and it took effort and LUCK to score that), I didn't renew my Premium Membership this year. I suspect most didn't either.

Funnily enough my set is still in US as I can't cross the border to pick it up at my cousins'. The other SDCC set, Logan, is still orderable via HasbroPulse. I have a feeling an Excalibur set would act more like a Hellfire Club set as opposed to a Logan set.

In Canada we were also able to pre-order the set via EB Games, so I scored a second set thru that. I remember ordering in store and days later, Canadian ML Facebook group members saying their pre-orders getting cancelled if they made the pre-order in-store. I'm so glad I stuck with it.

TL;DR I hope the Excalibur set (if it is a set) is easy to acquire.

I could definitely see Excalibur box set being the sdcc exclusive - seems like the only other option would be an Amazon box set, unless they just opt for a themed wave. Anyhow I’m guessing it will be similar to last year where pulse premium get priority and the rest get to preorder for the spring. In any case I have no real attachment to Excalibur so I would probably skip it but no doubt it would be extremely popular 

56 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Got myself MODOK today.

still waiting on Hellfire Club. It was supposed to come yesterday but now the delivery date is pending!

MODOK is awesome, hope your hellfire club arrives soon as it is an awesome set.  only real downside is the ladies knees can be pretty gummy so they can have trouble standing.  but still, a great set

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

MODOK is awesome, hope your hellfire club arrives soon as it is an awesome set.  only real downside is the ladies knees can be pretty gummy so they can have trouble standing.  but still, a great set

Yeah I'm loving this MODOK, it's a real wonderful piece, looks excellent already on the shelf. 

22 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I hate the heels. White Queen barely stays up and she towers over characters like Cyclops, etc. Ironically I WAS a proponent of heels for characters with heels (Mystique). They have to rework ML heels in a way that we still get them, but they scale with other characters and stay up.

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hellfire Club came today!

well that was worth the wait, the packaging alone is excellent.

YAY!!!

Got my Hellfire Club set yesterday, definitely worth the wait.  With them in hand I really feel like Morlun is just a matter of when rather than if looking at Shaw and Pierce.  My only gripe is I wish the ladies had better knees, they're really wobbly.  If Hasbro released this year's SDCC set in the same pre-order style again, I'd wait all over again.

Also got a Mr. Hyde BAF through Dorkside, definitely worth it  to skip most of the Shang Chi wave, plus I doubt I'll get a deluxe reissue down the line if it happens so it feels good to check this one off.  

18 hours ago, JayC said:

FYI, reports are starting to come in that Target's out west are getting the Disney+ wave already.

Really hope they drop everywhere soon, need to knock these out before chasing down all that Infinity Saga goodness

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Actually opened up the Hellfire Club set and looked at the figures. Considering I really just wanted the White Queen, this is a cool set and I love all the extras. Plus, if I don't want to play X-Men I can use them for my other favorite game: John Adams Goes to the Bordello.

Yeah same, man they really did put some nice touches on this pack, The diorama element of the box, the ebossing on the front of the pack, The letter, it's all a really nice package they went the extra mile for sure. I still don't know if I want to display Jean or Selene, I might just try and pop that Selene head on the Walgreens Frost see how that goes, get even more out of this pack.

On 5/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, McHogan said:

Really hope they drop everywhere soon, need to knock these out before chasing down all that Infinity Saga goodness

No interest in the D+ wave, but according to the Target website the Villains wave will hit June 1st.

If so, I'm hoping I'll have as easy a hunt for them as I did the Shang-Chi wave.

2 hours ago, mako said:

No interest in the D+ wave, but according to the Target website the Villains wave will hit June 1st.

If so, I'm hoping I'll have as easy a hunt for them as I did the Shang-Chi wave.

I have Arcade and Red Skull preordered (from earlier when target was doing a 25% off sale) but hope to find Deathstrike in the wild.  only really interested in Wanda from the D+ wave . But of course if a sale hits all bets are off.

My Deluxe MODOK came today. I never thought I'd say it but I really think it puts the toybiz version to shame. And that's coming from a guy who spent years tracking down the toybiz one. The paint apps are way just as good as the original. The little bit of extra articulation makes the original feel kind of frustrating. My main gripe with this one is that the hand that holds his controller was too tight and took me forever to get it to hold the controller. I also don't like that his alternate hands are completely splayed open instead of posed in a more organic way. That said, it's a wonderful figure and has a hallowed place amongst my villains.

3 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

My Deluxe MODOK came today. I never thought I'd say it but I really think it puts the toybiz version to shame. And that's coming from a guy who spent years tracking down the toybiz one. The paint apps are way just as good as the original. The little bit of extra articulation makes the original feel kind of frustrating. My main gripe with this one is that the hand that holds his controller was too tight and took me forever to get it to hold the controller. I also don't like that his alternate hands are completely splayed open instead of posed in a more organic way. That said, it's a wonderful figure and has a hallowed place amongst my villains.

I had sold off the original MODOK back when I was only keeping Avengers figures. Then spent years looking to grab him again at a decent price. 

The $50 paid for this updated version was well worth what is essentially an upgrade in every way. There are a few misses here and there but let’s face it, Hasbro has made my Toy Biz collection obsolete.

really only hanging onto my old TB ones for nostalgia sake

..... and Yellowjacket 

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

I had sold off the original MODOK back when I was only keeping Avengers figures. Then spent years looking to grab him again at a decent price. 

The $50 paid for this updated version was well worth what is essentially an upgrade in every way. There are a few misses here and there but let’s face it, Hasbro has made my Toy Biz collection obsolete.

really only hanging onto my old TB ones for nostalgia sake

..... and Yellowjacket 

I still have the toybiz versions of my favorite characters but like you, Hasbro has taken over my display. And they need to do yellowjacket and I would love a deluxe Giant-man if he stood as tall as MODOK since his old 9ft height is fine by me.