Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

14 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just to let people who may have missed out

Hellfire Club back up in stock on Pulse!

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/back-in-stock/products/marvel-legends-series-hellfire-club-collection-figures

Mother******, if somebody orders that set today and gets it this week I'mma go Thanos on this place. 

2 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Mother******, if somebody orders that set today and gets it this week I'mma go Thanos on this place. 

Hahaha Yeah right, I mean now all of these people who didn't wait 9 months for this set, can just go boom bam and click and get it right away, almost makes you feel...thanoish 😉

I got my Mr. Hyde built....he could have been SO much better with wild hair and not the little hat they put on him. He's a good size but I feel this is a missed opportunity and a lost chance to get this character right. I'm adding him to my Masters of Evil shelf but I'm not thrilled with this figure.  I'm hoping against hope that Hasbro will release another head for him in some way. villain.thumb.gif.7e12ddd1e2820395ce5ea75ee10fe873.gif

On 5/18/2021 at 4:36 PM, Neal said:

I enjoy the Super Villains wave, but I'm not a huge fan of The Hood.

And sorry if this is "old news", but he does serve as a decent stand-in for a transforming Banner.

TIH.jpg

Great idea.

from someone who was not bothered by Thunderstrike’s similar head I really had no idea what to do with that Hood head

Just completed my Hyde.. in hand there are little details reviews didn’t touch on like the unkempt finger nails.. nice touch

id be happy with a classic head, the rest is good enough. Feel like many that he is a lost opportunity.

One of my biggest regrets in figures I've sold off was the walgreens set of FF and Surfer. A friend offered me his set at a price I couldn't turn down. I can't believe I ever sold these. What an amazing group of figures! And I may be a little off base but the face on this Invisible Woman is just beautiful, imo the prettiest lady in the line.. So glad to have this bunch back in line on the shelf.

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

One of my biggest regrets in figures I've sold off was the walgreens set of FF and Surfer. A friend offered me his set at a price I couldn't turn down. I can't believe I ever sold these. What an amazing group of figures! And I may be a little off base but the face on this Invisible Woman is just beautiful, imo the prettiest lady in the line.. So glad to have this bunch back in line on the shelf.

That is the set that got me into Marvel Legends. Invisible Woman is the first one I bought.

56 minutes ago, mako said:

Dropped by Walmart this morning. As expected, not much on the shelves other than a great deal of Shang-Chi figures. I get this is a movie line, so they probably flooded the market, but I still get the feeling they're taking a bath on these.

But I could be wrong.

Oh yeah those are going on clearance for sure. Might have been a different story if they came out closer to the movie release but they are piling up everywhere i go, especially Shang and Wenwu/Mandarin, but also the Katy exclusive.  If anyone has held out this long on getting the wave i would wait for the inevitable markdown at this point.

Shang-Chi is still more than three months away and they have done almost zero marketing or press for it (partially because they still have Black Widow coming out first). There is one teaser trailer that most people probably forgot after it did the rounds the day it dropped, because even if it is playing with any new movies in the theater (is it? I don't know) there still aren't enough people going to those movies yet. And in said teaser trailer, none of the major characters seem to be in the costumes they wear in the toys. It is, for all intents and purposes, an orphaned toy line attached to nothing anybody can recognize. Maybe there will be renewed interest in this wave when the movie comes out, but will they still be on the shelves then?

On 5/20/2021 at 4:48 PM, McHogan said:

Great idea.

from someone who was not bothered by Thunderstrike’s similar head I really had no idea what to do with that Hood head

Probably going to put an unmasked Madrox head on it when I get it, cause yeah, that Hood head is bad.  

On 5/12/2021 at 12:28 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Are you doing a complete repaint or just covering the blue? If so, be sure and mix some yellow and white until it matches the yellow on the arms and legs. That was the part I had to figure out.

This was a collaborative effort. I got some acrylics and managed to pain the eye and mouth slits on the helmet black and the little nodes the right yellow I wanted, but I couldn't get the circle/arc reactor to look right. Not sure if it was my paints but it looked blotchy and terrible. Enter my wife, who actually has a painting background, and she ends up saving me by painting the circle... with nail polish!

spacer.png