Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Despite the fact that it took me an embarrassingly long time to putt M.O.D.O.K. together (that damn hair!) I love this figure. One of my favorite Marvel Legends.

I had read about some people having issues so I watched the beginning of shartimus’ review to see how to assemble it correctly 

in other news have spotted Disney plus wave at a couple of different WM now altho I haven’t seen vision yet. One WM also still had a few HoX figs (omega x 2, cyclops, Moira). But most stores just have some of Shang-chi wave (mainly Shang, Wenwu, and iron man)  and/or Peter b from spiderverse wave. Still lots of Katy’s at my local target. No sign of bring on the bad guys yet. Haven’t heard of nova hitting any WG yet anywhere, either.

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Despite the fact that it took me an embarrassingly long time to putt M.O.D.O.K. together (that damn hair!) I love this figure. One of my favorite Marvel Legends.

I had the virtue of having watched a review where the guy ran into the same issue. It still took me a couple tries, but I got it together pretty quick.

And you're right, it is a dang nice figure.

22 hours ago, tarot said:

For those getting amazon cancelation, Dan Yun has spoken to them and has insured that this was an error in the system. You will be able to reorder them in a few days.

Looks like Dan-O was true to his word. The Villains wave was up for pre order on Amazon again. I snapped it up, including Deathstrike, and canceled my Pulse order.

18 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

This was a collaborative effort. I got some acrylics and managed to pain the eye and mouth slits on the helmet black and the little nodes the right yellow I wanted, but I couldn't get the circle/arc reactor to look right. Not sure if it was my paints but it looked blotchy and terrible. Enter my wife, who actually has a painting background, and she ends up saving me by painting the circle... with nail polish!

spacer.png

Holy cow! It really worked too! Bravo to Mrs. Daly. 👏👏👏 Also, don't feel bad about it not looking right when you painted it. Yellow is the absolute worst, most pain in the butt color to paint with. Every flaw shows no matter what you do.

46 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Amazon canceled my Red Skull pre-order that I placed about two minutes after they went up way back whenever.  'Cause they're, y'know, really just the worst.

I heard they’ve been cancelling maestro preorders as well. Seems like it might be bugs in their ordering system rather than a stocking issue but hopefully they will get it straightened out soon as I’m sure it’s extremely frustrating especially as people often can’t count on local stores having these figures on their shelves 

10 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I heard they’ve been cancelling maestro preorders as well. Seems like it might be bugs in their ordering system rather than a stocking issue but hopefully they will get it straightened out soon as I’m sure it’s extremely frustrating especially as people often can’t count on local stores having these figures on their shelves 

Yup ... my Maestro preorder was cancelled last night.  You know, even though it's not due out until October.  Whatever.  I'm sure they'll get this figured out.

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Yup ... my Maestro preorder was cancelled last night.  You know, even though it's not due out until October.  Whatever.  I'm sure they'll get this figured out.

Yet another reason to not trust preorders. Still, my new Villains Wave order hasn't been cancelled yet, so here's hoping.

Found 4/6 of the Disney + wave. Only missing were Scarlet Witch ( of course!) and Loki, which is a bit of a surprise. Was on a road trip for work and found them in a Fort Wayne Walmart.

These are all great figures, Hasbro is knocking them out of the park. Though the packing for US Agent mocks me..hope it’s not too long before they correct him. Still love that we are in an era where we all but can expect an apology figure when not too long ago it was take it or leave it..

Hope Wanda isnt too hard to find either, never saw her Civil War release  in stores, did get her two pack release right before Toys R Us went under so here’s hoping with a little luck she isn’t too difficult. I do have her pre-ordered but hate paying for shipping

Vision is much better in hand. I kinda like the two shades of white, makes for a nice contrast. 

With so many waves dropping in short order people are going to have to be choosy, hoping someone passes up a Wanda for a different figure haha

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Where did you find them?

I picked them up at Target in Katy. They had just put them out.

The Vision's colors really pop! Looking forward to Wanda in the near future. Antman looks cool.

Bullseye is one of my favorite bad guys from the Miller run on DD. I wish he had come with a small deck of playing cards.

INVISIBLE woman is kind of  bleh. Her colors seemed a bit washed out. I want the dark dark blue and white costumes.

I do wish they had done Cyclops in a different shade of blue to differentiate from his first release.

Looking forward to PHOENIX/ Dark Phoenix in this line!!

The distribution of the retro line is driving me up the wall. Stores like Target and Walmart are getting waves months before online retailers. You still can't order wave 2 on Pulse and you can only order wave 1 as a box of eight. My closest Target, which I just went to yesterday, has never gotten any of the retro figures; they don't even have pegs for them on the shelves. I know I'll end up getting them no problem, because I have all the others, it just makes me crazy that it's not a simpler process. 

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

The distribution of the retro line is driving me up the wall. Stores like Target and Walmart are getting waves months before online retailers. You still can't order wave 2 on Pulse and you can only order wave 1 as a box of eight. My closest Target, which I just went to yesterday, has never gotten any of the retro figures; they don't even have pegs for them on the shelves. I know I'll end up getting them no problem, because I have all the others, it just makes me crazy that it's not a simpler process. 

I understand...and I'd be happy to pick up any I can find for you. Series 2 & 3 are basically showing up together. I picked up Iceman and ELEKTRA as well. 

2 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I understand...and I'd be happy to pick up any I can find for you. Series 2 & 3 are basically showing up together. I picked up Iceman and ELEKTRA as well. 

Appreciate the offer. As of now, I won't need it. I've been able to get them all so far except for wave 3 (minus Cyclops, who I got in the two-pack last Christmas). Got the extras from wave 1 on Dorkside and wave 2 on BBTS. I'm just mad that other people completed those waves in March while I had to wait until late May. The FOMO, man... it's real.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:56 AM, mako said:

Make that so many waves dropping while prices are raising. I for one am only after Winter Soldier for this wave.

Well, can’t speak as to whether it is a case of too many choices or the price increase but today I did luck into a Scarlet Witch and Loki at another Walmart. 

As hoped, they are awesome. Two of the best faces they have released. 

This was a good day. My recent history leaned heavily towards many miles spent searching for Wanda so imagine my great surprise to find this highly sought after figure on shelves for retail..hope everyone has as much luck

On 5/29/2021 at 6:20 AM, RyanDaly said:

I’ve started to see these guys everywhere. Target, FYE, GameStop.. Target especially seems to have most of the releases. 

This line is an abomination (😁) to me so I've passed in every single one. Here’s hoping that Hasbro will remember that there is a market for 3.75 ARTICULATED figures and revisits the amazing Marvel Universe line.

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

This was a good day. My recent history leaned heavily towards many miles spent searching for Wanda so imagine my great surprise to find this highly sought after figure on shelves for retail..hope everyone has as much luck

Glad it's working out for somebody. So far, nothing in my area but remnants of Shang-Chi.

Stayed up till midnight to see if any of my regular etailers went live with the Villains wave. Only Target came through . . . with two out of six, one of those being the one I don't want.

Probably wait till this weekend to hit brick-n-mortar, see if I can snag any left-overs. With my Amazon preorder, all I really have left to complete the wave is Scientist Supreme. Maybe I'll get lucky.