Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Gamestop has a sale of 15% off Marvel Action Figures. Buy 2 figures and get free shipping.

This is the cheapest I've seen the:

Age of Apocalypse Wave 2 figures at $19.54

Disney+ Wave at $19.54

Endgame Thor at $21

AOU Quicksilver at $22

Endgame Iron Man Vs. Thanos at $59

Modok for about $42 is a good deal too. Plus the pyro/rogue 2-pack for $33. Unfortunately most single figures are still close to $20 but they do offer a few bucks off some of them. Also be wary of the free shipping thing as I’ve spent $35 thinking I qualified only to end up getting charged for shipping - their system can be quirky 

To qualify for free shipping, your $35+ worth of items must be able to ship together, ie. they’re all in-stock or all preorders slated to release on the same date. If you order a $20 in-stock figure and a $20 preorder, or if you order two $20 preorders that release at separate times, you still have to pay shipping.

Good to know about the shipping. The only things I bought from the sale were all pre-orders (3) from the AOA wave so hopefully they're all "in stock" and they all release at the same time.

I am suspicious of online retailers that don't provide the total when you pay or don't send out an invoice. IIRC dorksidetoys does this with their pre-orders where it doesn't include taxes. I guess that's for if they don't have some of the products in stock, but you're walking on eggshells the whole time until right before they ship. Besides I think they already charged me on my PayPal so i don't know wtf is happening lol (see: eggshells).

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Question for anybody who has Marvel's Katy from Shang-Chi:

Is her kimono (or whatever it's called) textured or is that just the deco? I'm wondering how easy it would be to redeco any part of her design for other characters who wear dresses or gowns, like the Doctor Strange villain Umar for example.

Ah, Marvel's Katy. Mere words cannot describe how much I hate this figure. To answer your question though, yes, the texturing is real.

Target.... SMH...so a few posts up I asked if anyone else got a date for the 7 th for the Bad Guys wave from Target.

well on the 7th I hit some Targets again and am now being told :

1) the 10th is when they should arrive

2) should be in within 2 weeks

3) one store had Doom but when asked said the figures were in transit..

they are literally so all over the board they are useless in tracking these down. And when did Target go from being able to see which stores has them to the only info given is “In Stores”?

2 hours ago, Neal said:

The Black Widow Red Guardian/Melina 2-pack arrived today from Pulse.

Forgot about this set amongst the BOTBG and the Disney + waves dropping in quick succession. 

A quick online search gives this set an August 1 release date. I’ve heard of others getting it from online retailers  but has anyone seen it in brick and mortar stores yet?

Hey, everyone, I found this on eBay for my daily checking for Nova's

The location is in Englewood, California. So it looks like Nova might be finally hitting the States, sooner than later. This is the first and, thus far, ONLY listing for Nova from the US

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133791993371?hash=item1f269fce1b:g:DKEAAOSw1pJgyqM4

PS Don't support scalpers, just showing for awareness

12 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Quasar has already shown up in Montreal. Will probably be a week until it gets to the West Coast (Canada).

Yeah I have already heard of quite a few people getting and seeing Quasar at EB games starting today, I'm waiting for my call. I wonder how bountiful he will be on the pegs , if so I will grab some for the people. Stupid scalpers (I assume) annihilated him on the online order front, but nice to see he's getting himself in store before those. Walgreens exclusive are certainly starting to seem like EB Games Canada exclusives, kinda weird.

Another trip to Target and Walmart. Same old, same old. Lots of Katy, lots of Shang-Chi and Winwu, and a single D+ Vision.

On the bright side, its really hot and I got to waste some gas.

I swear, between the oppressive heat, Hasbro's total inability to distribute their goods, and Hasbro Pulse's total inability to deliver the goods once I buy them, this is one of those weeks of clarity where I realize this hobby just isn't worth it.

1 hour ago, mako said:

Another trip to Target and Walmart. Same old, same old. Lots of Katy, lots of Shang-Chi and Winwu, and a single D+ Vision.

I swear, between the oppressive heat, Hasbro's total inability to distribute their goods, and Hasbro Pulse's total inability to deliver the goods once I buy them, this is one of those weeks of clarity where I realize this hobby just isn't worth it.

I don't mean to add on to your already negative post, but this is exactly why the hobby is becoming something I'm slowly ending. I love my figures and Legends especially are the line I love but anything from Hasbro albeit Marvel, GI Joe or Transformers, all of which are the franchises I love, is distributed so poorly and it's such a battle to find anything, that I just don't even care anymore. I never thought it would come to the point that product would be near impossible to find. I don't know if its scalpers or other collectors but I can't find anything anymore so this hobby has become more stressful than fun. And that makes me not even want to bother.

Feels like the Bad Guys wave is just barely starting to hit retail, though, so i'm not sure what folks are expecting to find at stores  outside of the D+ or Shang-chi waves.  Of course given that the Bad Guys wave doesn't have many A-listers i could see retailers underordering the wave but it seems premature to assume that is the case.  I think most people who've gotten figures so far from the wave preordered them rather than finding them in the wild, but i could be wrong. Target filled my preorder for Red Skull and Arcade a couple of weeks back but i haven't seen this wave in the wild anywhere yet, i fully expect to at some point.

Likewise the Iron Man wave seems to be something a few e-tailers have been able to fill preorders for but hasn't hit stores that i'm aware of.  And Walgreens hasn't gotten Nova yet.  So if you're not into mcu there really isn't a ton to hunt at the moment, i guess some folks are finding she-hulk but i'm not sure what else people are searching for.

2 hours ago, mako said:

That Vision is a good, high-demand figure... 

I found all of the Villains wave at my Target (some were still in the stockroom), but brick-and-mortar stores just don't stock many things heavily anymore- Target usually gets one case of figures at a time. Unfortunately, online is the primary way to actually find things anymore. Hasbro has had distribution issues (among other ones) for a while, but Mattel has also been bad the past couple of years. It seems like a lot of toy manufacturers have had even more manufacturing issues because of Covid, too. I collect Star Wars, and GI Joe, among others, and Marvel Legends seem to have the FEWEST distribution issues of Hasbro's major action figure lines. I usually see 90-95% of regular release Marvel Legends figures in stores at least once- with Star Wars, I don't even think I see 50% at brick-and-mortar. 

My brick-and-mortar shop just got our restock of the villains wave yesterday, after selling through our first batch quickly a few weeks ago, and we should have the Iron Man wave in-hand Monday. These are definitely hitting stores. Seems like Nova’s finally hitting Walgreens too.

4 hours ago, Benn said:

My brick-and-mortar shop just got our restock of the villains wave yesterday, after selling through our first batch quickly a few weeks ago, and we should have the Iron Man wave in-hand Monday. These are definitely hitting stores. Seems like Nova’s finally hitting Walgreens too.

Cool! Do you mean a comic shop? My local shop got in a case of the Disney+ wave, but Vision and Wanda were already gone (at $29.99 each). The waves are coming out fast and furiously- but it seems like the fall might be much lighter (Eternals wave seems to be the only announced wave that is left). Have you heard of Nova showing up at a Walgreen's in The USA? 

On 6/15/2021 at 3:07 PM, Neal said:

The Black Widow Red Guardian/Melina 2-pack arrived today from Pulse.

Forgot about this set amongst the BOTBG and the Disney + waves dropping in quick succession. 

A quick online search gives this set an August 1 release date. I’ve heard of others getting it from online retailers  but has anyone seen it in brick and mortar stores yet?

32 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Cool! Do you mean a comic shop? My local shop got in a case of the Disney+ wave, but Vision and Wanda were already gone (at $29.99 each). The waves are coming out fast and furiously- but it seems like the fall might be much lighter (Eternals wave seems to be the only announced wave that is left). Have you heard of Nova showing up at a Walgreen's in The USA? 

Nah! I own a game shop, but we carry Legends and Black Series just because I like them.

14 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Yes, I have it in stock at my shop, and have for at least a month.