Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

So the funniest thing is happening with the Villains wave for me.. I’ve been finding them one at a time but the order that I’ve found them has been in the same order the are shown on the back of the box going from left to right. By this weird coincidence Red Skull should be the next one I find followed by AIM scientist..

To chime in on the distribution thing, in my normal area ( Southern Michigan, Northern Indiana and Ohio) ... when a new wave is released I seem to have trouble finding 2 figures from the wave at first.. may take a few weeks but I normally have no trouble getting any figure I’m looking for. For this wave it is Red Skull and for some reason the AIM guy whom I thought was going to peg warm hard..

the caveat here is that if you wait to long the waves are gone with only a few stragglers left behind. So if you don’t get them when you see them you either pay more online or do without. The only exception has been the first AOA wave, around here most stores still have nearly the entire wave hanging on..

If anybody held off on getting the Strong guy wave waiting for a sale, all but the deadpools are available at well below retail on amazon (most in the $10-11 range except Maverick who's $15 or so).  they have a few other figures on sale but nothing i thought was particularly noteworthy.

I might end up picking up Black Tom,  feels like he's an important character to add to the x-rogues gallery... but i just find the figure so bland, not sure why.

35 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

If anybody held off on getting the Strong guy wave waiting for a sale, all but the deadpools are available at well below retail on amazon (most in the $10-11 range except Maverick who's $15 or so).  they have a few other figures on sale but nothing i thought was particularly noteworthy.

I might end up picking up Black Tom,  feels like he's an important character to add to the x-rogues gallery... but i just find the figure so bland, not sure why.

It's the head sculpt. It's very sub par. I would pose him next to Juggernaut. They look good together! Also if you can get one of the tree arms from the Groot BAF, people have replaced BT's arm with that.

On 6/19/2021 at 3:22 PM, bashpics99 said:

Feels like the Bad Guys wave is just barely starting to hit retail, though, so i'm not sure what folks are expecting to find at stores  outside of the D+ or Shang-chi waves.  Of course given that the Bad Guys wave doesn't have many A-listers i could see retailers underordering the wave but it seems premature to assume that is the case.  I think most people who've gotten figures so far from the wave preordered them rather than finding them in the wild, but i could be wrong. Target filled my preorder for Red Skull and Arcade a couple of weeks back but i haven't seen this wave in the wild anywhere yet, i fully expect to at some point.

Likewise the Iron Man wave seems to be something a few e-tailers have been able to fill preorders for but hasn't hit stores that i'm aware of.  And Walgreens hasn't gotten Nova yet.  So if you're not into mcu there really isn't a ton to hunt at the moment, i guess some folks are finding she-hulk but i'm not sure what else people are searching for.

welp, after this of course i walk into WM today and they had just about the whole BOTBG wave on the pegs. Only one missing was Lady D who i'm guessing will be the most popular figure in the wave as x-fans are the largest chunk of comic ML collectors imo.  Since i already had Skull and Arcade i went for Scientist supreme so MODOK will have someone to bicker and scheme with.  They had 4 dooms so i'm guessing he's double packed and they put out 2 cases  and sold one BAF set and the other Deathstrike.

Also gave in and ordered Black Tom from amazon, under $12 shipped including tax seemed like a reasonable price to add this noteworthy rogue to the villains club, even if i'd prefer him to be a bit more purple.  I don't know exactly when he gained plant control powers but i do have BAF Groot as well as Groot evolution so i'm sure i could spare an arm for Tom if i felt like it.

Mako for the win!

Dropped into l Walmart . . . and actually found something! Snagged Scientist Supreme, Arcade, Lady Deathstrike, and hidden "cleverly" on the top of the shelf I spotted the bottom corner of a Legends package containing Red Skull (ALWAYS look up). Already scored Hood and Dormammu a couple weeks back, so I got this wave in the bag.

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you.*

*Can't wait to say that with the Iron Man Wave next month.

28 minutes ago, mako said:

Mako for the win!

Dropped into l Walmart . . . and actually found something! Snagged Scientist Supreme, Arcade, Lady Deathstrike, and hidden "cleverly" on the top of the shelf I spotted the bottom corner of a Legends package containing Red Skull (ALWAYS look up). Already scored Hood and Dormammu a couple weeks back, so I got this wave in the bag.

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you.*

*Can't wait to say that with the Iron Man Wave next month.

I keep seeing the ones I don't care for. Just need Yuriko and Herr Schmidt!

On 6/19/2021 at 11:48 PM, McHogan said:

So the funniest thing is happening with the Villains wave for me.. I’ve been finding them one at a time but the order that I’ve found them has been in the same order the are shown on the back of the box going from left to right. By this weird coincidence Red Skull should be the next one I find followed by AIM scientist..

Well I picked up the AIM scientist today to ruin my finding this wave in order from left to right streak.. also to ruin my day I didn’t notice before I purchased that some A-Hole stole his tablet... so maybe the streak will stay alive if I run into a Red Skull before a replacement AIM guy.

as for this jerk, hope a dog eats that tablet accessory. 

Also lucked into a Red Guardian/ Melina 2 pack in a very out of the way Gamestop. ( no accessories stolen 👌)

Other than the stolen tab, the AIM guy was complete with BAF piece so one step closer to completing Snow Ghost..

Edit: just noticed on my Red Guardian / Melina pack that they skipped out on the foreign languages and just repeated the story about Melina 5 times in English. Sounds like some Red Room programming there...