Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 7/20/2021 at 6:28 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'm STILL not finding Nova or Quasar. Hit 10 Walgreens this weekend...I kid you not!! Plenty of Medusa and Black Ants!

Has anyone?  I haven't seen anyone post a sighting in an actual Walgreens yet.  I usually wait until they've been sighted in the wild until I start looking.

Finally picked up Katy as she's on clearance at my local Target for $6.98.   There's a chance she could drop to $5 if i waited longer  but the current deal was good enough for me, and i know sometimes they all just disappear at a certain point rather than undergoing further price reductions.

Anyhow, all i'm seeing anywhere is Shang-chi wave remnants.  WM hasn't marked them down altho Target has.  It kinda feels like BOTBG wave came and went already (?) and that now waiting for Iron Man wave to show up and maybe some of the anniv sets. 

THe only figure on my must-get list at the moment is Ultron. Along with Nova & Quasar but, you know.  Otherwise will hope for some sales to pick up some of IM wave and the anniv sets. 

Picked up Lady Deathstrike and finished Xemnu.  I won't say Xemnu was on my top BAFs wishlist, but I really like the figure.  Xemnu is a fun character to have and the figure looks good.  Plus he works great in with the Annihilation era figures for his minor role in Conquest.  

On 7/20/2021 at 6:28 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'm STILL not finding Nova or Quasar. Hit 10 Walgreens this weekend...I kid you not!! Plenty of Medusa and Black Ants!

Yeah, they aren’t out yet in the US! On the livestream Wednesday, Dan said Nova would be late summer with Quasar and Binary in the fall.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'm not finding the Build-A-Bear wave here in Houston/Katy. Anyone finding it in their area? What stores? Any information would be much appreciated.

Triple digit heat and general disillusionment with the state of the hobby have seriously dampened my enthusiasm for this wave. Honestly, I just can't bring myself to even look.

Found the entire wave in Michigan. At a Target that normally restricts how many one can buy. I showed a worker the DCPI for Modular IM and he said he’d go look. Came back with him so I asked if I could get more. He again went to the back and brought a fresh case. He said “ technically I’m supposed to put these in the shelf”. He then opened the case and put them all out then remarked “there. They are out” and walked away. I thanked him and purchased the entire wave at once from a Target for the first time in years.

They are all looking pretty sweet even though it wasn’t my most anticipated wave.. actually left the house hoping to find some of the Infinity Saga Sets. The Ultron is a thing of pure beauty.. though the box looked as if it had been delivered by Amazon.. thankfully fully intended on opening so the damaged box is ok

On 8/1/2021 at 3:26 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'm not finding the Build-A-Bear wave here in Houston/Katy. Anyone finding it in their area? What stores? Any information would be much appreciated.

We got the whole wave in at my shop three or four weeks ago, here in Philly, and I think we still have Ultron, a few Guardsmen, and maybe one or two Iron Men in stock. Riri and Darkstar disappeared instantly.

Back from a long vacation to find nine* Marvel Legends waiting for me: Ultron, Stealth Iron Man, and Guardsman from the Iron Man wave, and the six members of the Bring On the Bad Guys wave to make Xemnu... so I guess it was actually ten figures waiting for me.

They look great, although curiously some of them seemed to be coated in dust. Has that ever happened to any of you?

On 8/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I am 200 miles north of you and I have not seen them yet.