Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 8/30/2021 at 8:27 PM, McHogan said:

Only once.

Typical. You know, getting the Iron man I've been waiting years for DID give me a temporary boost of enthusiasm at a time when my interest in collecting had fallen just about as  low as its been in a long time.

Now that enthusiasm's gone, and I find myself, as always, sick of Hasbro's crap.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, McHogan said:

Surtur is amazing and I had the same reaction you did when I got mine. So simple but so perfectly done. He is a surprise gem of the Infinity Saga wave.

id have two but I got “1 per customered “ at Target and haven’t seen him any where else

Yeah, I am absolutely thrilled with Surtur, a second one would be cool to have, one of the ankles is already loose on mine, so I wouldn't mind part swapping a replacement ankle in.  

On 8/29/2021 at 7:09 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Got Nova today in the mail....Im glad to finally have him. I paid a little bit more but HE'S AWESOME! I will continue to search for him in the wild for my fellow board members. 

Same here, I couldn't wait any longer and even paying a little more I don't regret it, excellent figure all around.  Makes me want a re-do on his Annihilation look to match this one's proportions and stature.

On 8/31/2021 at 9:33 AM, mako said:

Typical. You know, getting the Iron man I've been waiting years for DID give me a temporary boost of enthusiasm at a time when my interest in collecting had fallen just about as  low as its been in a long time.

Now that enthusiasm's gone, and I find myself, as always, sick of Hasbro's crap.

I feel your pain. This Ursa Major wave is the only one in a long time where I was able to grab an entire wave at once. Usually im chasing 2 characters per wave until everyone else got them. 

Just today, ironically, I was in my local Walmart and saw the entire Ursa wave again. First time since that lucky day in Target. Hang in there, it will be so much sweeter when you find your Ultron

Ugh.. just got word from Walmart that the Infinity War Cap was pushed back to November..

he is a Wally World exclusive right? Not going to find him elsewhere sooner.. 

ah well, at least it wasn’t a cancelled notification 

Got shipping notifications on Quicksilver from Pulse. Pretty exciting as I haven’t heard of this guy in the wild at all ..

also Amazon is saying both my Iron Monger set and the Captain Marvel & Rescue Sets will arrive tomorrow by 10.. only problem is there has been no charge on my card nor an official ship notice from Amazon.. seems the last time this happened was with the Mr Fixit wave.. that ended up with a huge delay so I am skeptical.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:53 PM, McHogan said:

Got shipping notifications on Quicksilver from Pulse. Pretty exciting as I haven’t heard of this guy in the wild at all ..

also Amazon is saying both my Iron Monger set and the Captain Marvel & Rescue Sets will arrive tomorrow by 10.. only problem is there has been no charge on my card nor an official ship notice from Amazon.. seems the last time this happened was with the Mr Fixit wave.. that ended up with a huge delay so I am skeptical.

Yup.. got a delay notice on both Amazon sets pushing them back to Sept 20th.. really wasn’t expecting  to get a ship notice but why edit the status? 

Went in another hunt this weekend but came up empty. ( did find the amazing Toony Terrors Jaws set tho!!)

One Target had an end Cap with a cool Marvel Studios backdrop and STICKERS on the shelves for where product will eventually go. Has anyone seen this? It’s a major set up and clearly officially MCU but only one Target had it set up this way.  Seemed to be a catch all as it looks like there is shelf space for Legends, Lego, those weird bendy things I always mistake for phone chargers..

so maybe someday this display will be full of product.. 

oh also, all the Walgreens I stopped in today had stickers for Marvel Legends listed at $19.99 (Stepford Cuckoos)and $23.99 ( Spider-Man Legends).. maybe a sign of things to come?

if I recall, never saw a sticker for a Moon Knight but saw empty pegs for Silver Centurion for weeks until one magical day he was actually stocked.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:53 PM, McHogan said:

I thought he wasn't hard to find in the US? He's certainly been easy to acquire here in Canada, seems like every TRU here had QS, Odin and Iron Man Mark 3 all show up at the same time. It's BroThor and Endgame Iron Man/Thanos 2-Pack that's currently in limited quantities, in-store.

On 9/6/2021 at 2:29 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

I thought he wasn't hard to find in the US? He's certainly been easy to acquire here in Canada, seems like every TRU here had QS, Odin and Iron Man Mark 3 all show up at the same time. It's BroThor and Endgame Iron Man/Thanos 2-Pack that's currently in limited quantities, in-store.

Really? So far I’ve found IM/ Thanos, Surter, and Odin  only. No Thor, Quicksilver, or IM.. or any others.. got most on pre orders but have gotten delay notifications for nearly everything else.

funny , Quicksilver was supposed to arrive originally by yesterday but he was delayed until the 9th.. so much for super speed

EDIT: forgot I had found the Happy / IM Target set as well. It’s a great set but I probably rate it 10th of the 10 sets.. again, nice figures and Happy is a must have, just as far as excitement level.. it wasn’t my most anticipated one

On 9/3/2021 at 8:28 PM, McHogan said:

Yup.. got a delay notice on both Amazon sets pushing them back to Sept 20th.. really wasn’t expecting  to get a ship notice but why edit the status? 

But... today got a ship notice on the Cap Marvel/ Pepper set.. says will arrive by 10 pm tomorrow. Sure enough in my orders page on Amazon it shows shipped. 

So they went from arriving by 10pm on Sept 3rd, delayed until Sept 20th now arriving by 10 tomorrow... haha Amazon is really messing with me. Guess we will see.

so CM/ Pepper by tomorrow ( maybe), Quicksilver by Thursday. My Infinity Saga collection is coming along.. just leaves Thor, Iron Man, Infinity War Cap ( that Walmart already pushed back to November) and Obadiah/ Monger.. 

Finally found Bro Thor today.. he popped up on my Target alert and he was literally everywhere within a 50 mile radius. So far the easiest acquisition of these Infinity Saga sets

Very cool figure, despite his ...err..  physical condition at this point in his MCU arc.

also got a ship notification for the Stane/ Monger set coming from Amazon, it should be here tomorrow along with a Quicksilver from Pulse. Plus CM/ Rescue yesterday..

this is turning into a great week for Legends

went to my local targets and walmarts this week but pretty slim pickings.  Target had a couple of the happy hogan sets, thats it although they had an infinity saga endcap display with some basic shang-chi toys and mcu dvds, but no ML figures on the display.   No MLs at any Walmart i went to. 

The motu lines was the one i saw most consistently, although both chains had some dc multiverse figures (with target having the most).  

I will have to start checking Walgreens soon for Nova but the price tag puts me off a bit, guess i'm hoping they have an online sale i can get in on before i actually find him in a store lol

My Quicksilver showed up from Pulse today.. the box was pretty banged up as delivered by Fe Ex, the figures inside, one pristine, the other not so much..

I'll say this for Amazon, their exclusive show up looking like a little TLC went into protecting my package. Boxed up in standard shipping box, inside bubble wrap surrounding a collectors box. Every AMAZON EXCLUSIVE I’ve ordered has been perfect ( Wolverine, Deadpool, CM/ Rescue set). Standard releases purchased off Amazon are hit or miss. I’ve gotten them in pristine condition as well as sat on by the driver. 

Literally at the top of the last page I was lamenting about only getting 3 of the 10 Infinity Saga sets, now down to

Stane / Monger set

Infinity War Cap

and Iron Man..

nice turn of events

EDIT: Dang! Mere minutes after posting this my Stane/ Monger set arrived from Amazon ( one of the hits as well, package in great shape!)

this week has been Christmas in September