Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 9/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, Neal said:

The Infinity Saga Quicksilver arrived today from Pulse.

The Aaron Taylor Thomas likeness is much better in person on my two figures. The hair is weird. Wish they would have just made it white or light gray.. the combo of both just doesn’t look right 

Anyone having any luck at Walgreens finding  Nova yet? I’ve checked multiple over Southern Michigan with no sightings at all.

did find the new NECA Friday  the 13th Part 7 Jason.. which is great but odd since this was the first time I’ve seen NECA at any Walgreens in my area..

On 9/17/2021 at 12:47 PM, RyanDaly said:

Just a head's up, HasbroPulse has the Hydra Trooper back in stock. No, it's not the brand new Skrulls or S.H.l.E.L.D. agents, but it does serve as a reminder that they do restock these exclusive troop builders a couple times a year.

What did they get in, a case of six? Just went to try and pick up a couple and it appears they are sold out. Really? Not even worth ……ah nevermind. 

Had a big weekend for Legends;

First decided to treat myself for my birthday and finally pulled the trigger on that Toybiz era Monsters box set. I see us getting a red armor Modern Drax some day and an updated Jack Russel feels likely too with Jackal and Puma parts, but Frank and Garth seem like characters that won't ever be touched again.

Then I found Odin and some Guardsmen. Odin is pretty underwhelming; I figured he'd be too small to give the comic head to, so I'm still going with no real proper Odin on the shelf yet. His faces look better than the promo pictures at least. Guardsman is rad. Probably going to buy one more, plus my BBTS wave pre-order and will be satisfied with that.

Finally, my Web-Man arrived, and I absolutely love this dude in hand. Such a weird little character. Exactly what I collect Legends for.

0918212114b~2.jpg

0918212123b~2.jpg

0918212125a~2.jpg

0918212116a~2.jpg

0918212118a~2.jpg

0918212122a~2.jpg

On 9/18/2021 at 8:41 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

First decided to treat myself for my birthday and finally pulled the trigger on that Toybiz era Monsters box set. I see us getting a red armor Modern Drax some day and an updated Jack Russel feels likely too with Jackal and Puma parts, but Frank and Garth seem like characters that won't ever be touched again.

Then I found Odin and some Guardsmen. Odin is pretty underwhelming; I figured he'd be too small to give the comic head to, so I'm still going with no real proper Odin on the shelf yet. His faces look better than the promo pictures at least. Guardsman is rad. Probably going to buy one more, plus my BBTS wave pre-order and will be satisfied with that.

Finally, my Web-Man arrived, and I absolutely love this dude in hand. Such a weird little character. Exactly what I collect Legends for.

0918212114b~2.jpg

0918212123b~2.jpg

0918212125a~2.jpg

0918212116a~2.jpg

0918212118a~2.jpg

0918212122a~2.jpg

Man I’m still a fan of those monsters. They still look good. Nice pickup. 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

0918212114b~2.jpg

0918212123b~2.jpg

0918212125a~2.jpg

0918212116a~2.jpg

0918212118a~2.jpg

0918212122a~2.jpg

I bought the Marvel Monsters set years ago, found it strange then that these four characters were deemed box set worthy as there seemed no rhyme nor reason for producing this set ( as awesome as it was). 

These days it seems, out of the blue sets like this Monsters one would need a comic event or movie tie in to generate heat. 

My favorite by far is the Werewolf because Werewolves are my all time favorite monster followed by the Zombie, Frankenstein’s Monster and then Dracula. The buck they put Dracula on was terrible even by ToyBiz standards at the time. 

Be nice if Hasbro revisited this set today. The parts are mostly there to recreate this and improve it a 1000 fold. The recent Morlun reveal would be an awesome starting point for an updated Dracula.heck, since I have no connection to Morlun, this guy might be my Dracula. 

My only hope for an updated Werewolf by Night would be to get the classic Jack Russel version with a modern more wolf head we’ve seen in recent WBN stories. The newer Werewolf written by Taboo would be a fine figure but I’m a classics guy and Jack is my choice.

now,  or sure how this works.. Dracula I believe is in the public domain as well is Frankenstein’s Monster. And Werewolf By Night and Marvel’s version; of the Zombie are original creations.. there is no reason they COULDN'T remake this set right? 

On 9/19/2021 at 11:31 PM, McHogan said:

Dracula I believe is in the public domain as well is Frankenstein’s Monster. 

The novels Dracula and Frankenstein are in the public domain, yes. However, specific interpretations of the characters, such as those visualized in movies and comics are trademarked by those companies. For example, the classic depiction of the monster with neck bolts and the flat topped head dramatized by Boris Karloff is copyrighted by Universal Studios. They can do this because nowhere in Shelley's original novel does she describe the monster having neck bolts or flat hair like that. That's why Marvel and DC Comics have both adapted the character differently, and both of their versions are copyrighted by Marvel and DC. So Hasbro can absolutely make a toy of Frankenstein's monster, as long as it looks like how Mike Ploog originally drew him in the '70s and not how the character looked in movies in the 1940s. 

And yes, that means you can make your own version of Dracula, too, for a movie, comic, TV show, whatever, as long as he doesn't look like Bela Lugosi or too much like how Gene Colan drew him, or the new armored Marvel version.

On 9/19/2021 at 11:31 PM, McHogan said:

I bought the Marvel Monsters set years ago, found it strange then that these four characters were deemed box set worthy as there seemed no rhyme nor reason for producing this set ( as awesome as it was). 

These days it seems, out of the blue sets like this Monsters one would need a comic event or movie tie in to generate heat. 

My favorite by far is the Werewolf because Werewolves are my all time favorite monster followed by the Zombie, Frankenstein’s Monster and then Dracula. The buck they put Dracula on was terrible even by ToyBiz standards at the time. 

Be nice if Hasbro revisited this set today. The parts are mostly there to recreate this and improve it a 1000 fold. The recent Morlun reveal would be an awesome starting point for an updated Dracula.heck, since I have no connection to Morlun, this guy might be my Dracula. 

My only hope for an updated Werewolf by Night would be to get the classic Jack Russel version with a modern more wolf head we’ve seen in recent WBN stories. The newer Werewolf written by Taboo would be a fine figure but I’m a classics guy and Jack is my choice.

now,  or sure how this works.. Dracula I believe is in the public domain as well is Frankenstein’s Monster. And Werewolf By Night and Marvel’s version; of the Zombie are original creations.. there is no reason they COULDN'T remake this set right? 

They can absolutely make all four again, but considering how little Frankenstein's Monster and Simon Garth show up the past couple decades, they seem unlikely ever again. I think we'd see Manphibian and The Living Mummy replace them today.

Werewolf By Night I fully expect to see one day- we have the parts for a classic update and the new one is big enough that he could be a BAF in a Blade or Moon Knight centric wave.

I imagine the next time we see Dracula, he looks like this;

spacer.png

On 9/20/2021 at 9:24 PM, Jormungand said:

I also have been looking for the Walgreens Nova for months now. We were told he would be out late summer... well summer will be over this week, and no sign at eight Walgreens I check regularly. Has anyone found him in the upper Midwest?

Zilch friend.. no sign of Nova anywhere. 1 of the 2 Walgreens I normally check actually was stocking something in the toy aisle the other day but when I returned a few hours later still no Nova.

I remain optimistic that he and Quasar will be plentiful but the empty shelves are discouraging for sure

On 9/20/2021 at 8:52 PM, Fyrefly21 said:

No Nova, or Legends period, at the three Cincinnati area stores I can check weekly.

Being a Cosmic fan is suffering.

You can say that again, and thanks for the responses guys. At least I can be fairly certain the employees aren't just hording them and selling on ebay in my area. Well, hopefully soon. Being a big cosmic fan myself, I am at least encouraged they are putting out a classic Nova and Quasar. And Hasbro told us we can expect some Galactus Heralds' next year in addition to the ones being made with the Haslab project. Here's hoping we can get more like classic Gamora, Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon, Starfox and some Elders of the Universe! Oh, hey, and how about the Recorder?!