Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 9/28/2021 at 9:28 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wildly enough today I found at my Local EB/Gamestop they had Elvis MODOK+The Captain Pack, as well as the Animated Series Retro card Venom, seems like last year where a random bunch of these SDCC figs are coming out at Canadian EB's

did these even come out from Pulse yet?

Those aren't supposed to come out until the Hasbro PulseCon a couple weeks from now. Not sure if those are supposed to be in stores yet. Maybe different in Canada. 

On 9/28/2021 at 10:46 PM, RyanDaly said:

Those aren't supposed to come out until the Hasbro PulseCon a couple weeks from now. Not sure if those are supposed to be in stores yet. Maybe different in Canada. 

Yeah I don't know the deal, but they also had that new Deluxe Zartan as well as the Power Ranger LC Cogs 2 Pack, it was weird and interesting, apparently other people in Canada here have been finding these released as well, seems very limited and at random, they had 1 of each of the items.

I didn't buy anything, as nothing I wanted and the prices were pretty up there.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:06 PM, Neal said:

I picked up Thena at a local Target while out of the office on my lunch break.  

Wait so Thena is the Target exclusive, and Ajak is the Walmart, Yeah I've been confused I don't know why I had the opposite in my mind. I guess I hope TRU gets Thena then.

Tigra came in from Gamestop, but unfortunately the classic Ultron I finally managed to net in the same order is still awaiting pick up somewhere in Ohio.  Been a bit of a saga trying to track down this Ultron, really hoping he's the show stopper he seems to be, that'll totally make it worth the wait.    

Tigra is absolutely awesome, love the articulation and the pinless tech really shines here, certainly enough to forgive the coloring.  

Finally Tigra arrived. Once opened the orange is something I can enjoy.. not as bad as some pics make it seem

as got around to opening Surtur. Jeeez his hips seem fragile AF.. hop No they don’t break apart.. I was a little tenuous as I removed him from the plastic, it looked like his legs were going to snap off.. 

On 10/1/2021 at 10:13 PM, McHogan said:

Finally Tigra arrived. Once opened the orange is something I can enjoy.. not as bad as some pics make it seem

as got around to opening Surtur. Jeeez his hips seem fragile AF.. hop No they don’t break apart.. I was a little tenuous as I removed him from the plastic, it looked like his legs were going to snap off.. 

Curiously, were the joints on your Tigra almost abnormally stiff?

The arms and feet on mine were super tight, have a weird extra-sculpted white piece on the elbow hinges too.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:46 AM, Dabboi said:

The arms and feet on mine were super tight, have a weird extra-sculpted white piece on the elbow hinges too.

The joints on mine at the elbows, knees, and feet were very tight.  So far it seems par for the course with the pinless elbows and knees though.  Didn't have the extra piece you're talking about though.  

Woke up to an “out for delivery” status on one of my sentinels today. I had slated them to be delivered to work, and I started to get worried that FedEx would deliver before we were open, so I pulled up the security camera feed, only to see—in real-time—the FedEx driver leaving the signature-required sentinel package outside of my then-closed store. I don’t think the shoes have ever materialized on my feet faster, and I made it into the shop in record time. Thankfully it hadn’t been stolen yet by the time I arrived, which is actually amazing. A package left outside a door in Philly has very little hope of lasting the ten minutes this one did.

In any event, this thing is ridiculous. I had seen plenty of pictures, with plenty of scale-references, and I knew the measurements ahead of time, but nothing could have prepared me for how massive this thing seems in real life. The joints are all nice and tight on mine, and it truly is an engineering marvel. The Bastion figure is great too. The head sculpt is fantastic. My only complaints with the sentinel at all are that the Mastermold head looks weirdly proportioned, the battle-damaged hand has no articulation, and the neck is really stiff, which means that turning the head is usually just swiveling the head on its peg, rather than actually turning the neck, which in turn causes the eyes not to line up with their LEDs anymore. The tri-sentinel head doesn’t really make any sense either, but I knew that going into all this.

I know there are a few people on here who like to look down their noses at those of us who were willing to pay the asking price on these, but they really are worth every penny (which is effectively no pennies, since I bought a few extras to sell, which should render my entire purchase completely free).

On 10/2/2021 at 7:10 PM, Benn said:

Woke up to an “out for delivery” status on one of my sentinels today. I had slated them to be delivered to work, and I started to get worried that FedEx would deliver before we were open, so I pulled up the security camera feed, only to see—in real-time—the FedEx driver leaving the signature-required sentinel package outside of my then-closed store. I don’t think the shoes have ever materialized on my feet faster, and I made it into the shop in record time. Thankfully it hadn’t been stolen yet by the time I arrived, which is actually amazing. A package left outside a door in Philly has very little hope of lasting the ten minutes this one did.

In any event, this thing is ridiculous. I had seen plenty of pictures, with plenty of scale-references, and I knew the measurements ahead of time, but nothing could have prepared me for how massive this thing seems in real life. The joints are all nice and tight on mine, and it truly is an engineering marvel. The Bastion figure is great too. The head sculpt is fantastic. My only complaints with the sentinel at all are that the Mastermold head looks weirdly proportioned, the battle-damaged hand has no articulation, and the neck is really stiff, which means that turning the head is usually just swiveling the head on its peg, rather than actually turning the neck, which in turn causes the eyes not to line up with their LEDs anymore. The tri-sentinel head doesn’t really make any sense either, but I knew that going into all this.

I know there are a few people on here who like to look down their noses at those of us who were willing to pay the asking price on these, but they really are worth every penny (which is effectively no pennies, since I bought a few extras to sell, which should render my entire purchase completely free).

Glad you got your Sentinel and it didn't get stolen. I'm surprised FedEx left it there since I believe Hasbro shipped them all requiring a signature for delivery.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:46 AM, Dabboi said:

Very tight. Her right ankle especially. I haven’t gotten it unstuck yet. And both elbows I thought were going to break but they eventually loosened up. 

As of now, until I get her ankle loose she doesn’t stand at all. 

Hot water works best? Or is it freezing ?

On 10/2/2021 at 10:10 PM, Benn said:

According to FedEx my Sentinel hasn’t moved from Georgia since Thursday. A little worried since I got a survey from Pulse asking how I like my Sentinel... uh I like him you know.. actually delivered..

hoping Pulse doesn’t show I have it because that would be a frustrating fight.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:26 PM, McHogan said:

Very tight. Her right ankle especially. I have gotten it unstuck yet. And both elbows I thought were going to break but they eventually loosened up. 

As of now, until I get her ankle loose she doesn’t stand at all. 

Hot water works best? Or is it freezing ?

Hot water worked perfectly for me to loosen Tigra’s ankle. Apparently my tap water is straight from Satans butt because I nearly scalded myself. But loosened it great and now has great movement

Hit my hunt area this past weekend and saw Druig from the Eternals line.. 8 deep at three different Targets. 8?!? This wave has enough of an uphill battle without clogging the shelves with 1 figure from the wave. 

Guess not too many kids are begging mom for “Unloved Emo kid in bath robe”.  No sign of any other figure in the wave or exclusive either despite Target.com saying they were all around me. I will say, in hand, Druig has some nice detailing that wasn’t evident in pictures but still.. yawn

was able to finally find the IM MK III in stores though, glad to check him off. brickseek said a Walmart about 65 miles away had 6+ IW Caps so thought “what the heck” and road tripped, nothing on shelves and a worker couldn’t be bothered.  Been hearing people are finding Cap 10-12 at a time so here’s hoping in the next few days he pops up a little closer. 

At Walgreens toy aisles are filling up with product including GI Joe, NECA and Transformers but still no sign of Nova. Or Quasar since he is due out by now as well

On 10/3/2021 at 8:44 PM, McHogan said:

According to FedEx my Sentinel hasn’t moved from Georgia since Thursday. A little worried since I got a survey from Pulse asking how I like my Sentinel... uh I like him you know.. actually delivered..

hoping Pulse doesn’t show I have it because that would be a frustrating fight.

Hang in there. It took about a week from the time I got a “shipping notification” for FedEx to actually pick up the package from the Georgia warehouse, and then it made it to Philly and was out for delivery the next day. During that week, I also got a survey email. Pulse will email you again with a “yay, your package was delivered” email once it actually is.

Meanwhile, no movement at all on the other five that should be heading to me… it seems like they started with orders containing only one sentinel, and are working their way out from there.

On 9/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wildly enough today I found at my Local EB/Gamestop they had Elvis MODOK+The Captain Pack, as well as the Animated Series Retro card Venom, seems like last year where a random bunch of these SDCC figs are coming out at Canadian EB's

did these even come out from Pulse yet?

Corporate apparently sent out a panicked email telling their EB stores to remove those PulseCon exclusives. I don't think the shipment ever made out to West Coast by that date, much less them being displayed in the stores.

Like you I've got no interest in the PulseCon figs (Venom is close to $50 taxes in, No thanks) but I'm really curious if we'll see the Excalibur and X-Force 3-Packs at EB Games a la the Hellfire Club and Alpha Flight Sets.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:59 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

Corporate apparently sent out a panicked email telling their EB stores to remove those PulseCon exclusives. I don't think the shipment ever made out to West Coast by that date, much less them being displayed in the stores.

Like you I've got no interest in the PulseCon figs (Venom is close to $50 taxes in, No thanks) but I'm really curious if we'll see the Excalibur and X-Force 3-Packs at EB Games a la the Hellfire Club and Alpha Flight Sets.

Yeah I heard that, they had gotten the release dates wrong, and the product was supposed to come out Oct 22nd, not September, and those items that didn't sell got put back away.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:01 PM, McHogan said:

Hit my hunt area this past weekend and saw Druig from the Eternals line.. 8 deep at three different Targets. 8?!? This wave has enough of an uphill battle without clogging the shelves with 1 figure from the wave. 

Guess not too many kids are begging mom for “Unloved Emo kid in bath robe”.  No sign of any other figure in the wave or exclusive either despite Target.com saying they were all around me. I will say, in hand, Druig has some nice detailing that wasn’t evident in pictures but still.. yawn

was able to finally find the IM MK III in stores though, glad to check him off. brickseek said a Walmart about 65 miles away had 6+ IW Caps so thought “what the heck” and road tripped, nothing on shelves and a worker couldn’t be bothered.  Been hearing people are finding Cap 10-12 at a time so here’s hoping in the next few days he pops up a little closer. 

At Walgreens toy aisles are filling up with product including GI Joe, NECA and Transformers but still no sign of Nova. Or Quasar since he is due out by now as well

Saw the same thing at my local Target, 8 deep but instead they had Sersi and Makkari, neither was more interesting in person, plus I was there hunting NECA's Goliath figure anyways, no interest in Eternals stuff with that out there.  

On 10/3/2021 at 11:33 PM, Benn said:

Hang in there. It took about a week from the time I got a “shipping notification” for FedEx to actually pick up the package from the Georgia warehouse, and then it made it to Philly and was out for delivery the next day. During that week, I also got a survey email. Pulse will email you again with a “yay, your package was delivered” email once it actually is.

Meanwhile, no movement at all on the other five that should be heading to me… it seems like they started with orders containing only one sentinel, and are working their way out from there.

Good to know. The delay isn’t the bad part.. just that I thought Hasbro considered our transaction closed. Glad to hear this is par for the course.