Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 10/9/2021 at 9:58 PM, mako said:

Yeah, as much as I'm tempted (especially Thena), I already made my decision NOT to buy Eternals. These things aren't getting any cheaper and you have to draw the line somewhere. The hard plastic skirts just make that decision a little easier to live with.

Luckily so far I’ve had saved up coupons and store credit to ease the pain. If I’m lucky I should be able to get the entire set including store exclusives for roughly half price. Between Target $5 coupons, store credit at Gamestop and Walmart it should work out for me. Unless of course one or two proves to be tricky to find and I don’t have to resort to online stores..

its not much but half price is better than full on a wave I’m not 100% invested in.. 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:59 PM, Inspection12e said:

I just found and bought a Walgreens Nova that I am trading for a Quasar.  

Where do you live?! I have been searching my metro area Walgreens for months. I hope this means I will find him and then Quasar before this supply chain bottleneck gets worse... its going to be an empty shelves Christmas this year.

My Spidey upgrade suit arrived from Walmart today. Pretty great turnaround from sale date to arrival. Has Walmart fixed their exclusive program?!?

So many waves hitting at once again.. Eternals, Spider-Man and What If? All out now and my local Meijers has stickers up for the Fantastic Four wave too.  Jeez.. my wallet needs a break but what a time we ar3 in for Legends goodness.. 

So, I ordered my Captain Carter and Ultron figures from Gamestop last Friday. As of yesterday morning, they were listed as shipped via FedEx (aw $#!+!), on the 10th. and currently in transit somewhere in Texas with a scheduled delivery of today by end of day, thus coming in just under the line of Gamestop's arrival in 2-to-4 days estimate.

As of last night, my order status had been updated to "Awaiting Carrier Pick-Up." WTF? One way or another, how do you confuse "Shipped and Almost There," with "Hasn't Even Left the Warehouse Yet?"

Seriously, post-pandemic half-assery is so much more of an adventure than pre-pandemic half-assery. Before 2020, your order could be cancelled, damaged, delayed or lost. Nowadays, there's no telling WHAT is gonna happen.

Captain C and Ultron arrived as promised. Tempted to go and see if my order is still listed as "Awaiting Carrier Pick-Up" on Gamestop's site, but honestly, I'd rather not know.

Peggy was worth every penny, just to bad I have to get the  other flotsam to finish Watcher.

More importantly, I finally have Ultron, and thus, I have all the parts for Ursa Major. Meaning . . . 

. . . wait for it . . . 

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you.*

* I have waited so long to say that . . . 

On 10/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, Neal said:

The remaining Eternals (Kingo and Sprite) arrived today from Target.com ... and the Wolverine 5-pack also showed up.

Not sure what's up with Kingo and Sprite. My Target's had the rest of the wave out, including Thena, for days, but those two still haven't hit the shelves. There's not even a spot marked for them either.  Side note: out of 6 each of those characters that were available only one a single Makarri has moved off the shelf.

And no, they don't look much better in person either. Even in the packaging the figures look super stiff and limited like the Death Dealer from the Shang-Chi wave. Admittedly the paint aps look very good. The head sculpts, though very attractive, only resemble the actors in the general sense (2 eyes, one nose, hair color, etc.). No way would I have been able to know any of those characters to the actors had I not already known who they were supposed to be. Hasbro's biggest, most expensive steaming heap to date. Gives me some recovery time though.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:26 PM, monron999 said:

Not sure what's up with Kingo and Sprite. My Target's had the rest of the wave out, including Thena, for days, but those two still haven't hit the shelves. There's not even a spot marked for them either.  Side note: out of 6 each of those characters that were available only one a single Makarri has moved off the shelf.

And no, they don't look much better in person either. Even in the packaging the figures look super stiff and limited like the Death Dealer from the Shang-Chi wave. Admittedly the paint aps look very good. The head sculpts, though very attractive, only resemble the actors in the general sense (2 eyes, one nose, hair color, etc.). No way would I have been able to know any of those characters to the actors had I not already known who they were supposed to be. Hasbro's biggest, most expensive steaming heap to date. Gives me some recovery time though.

Lower mid  Michigan only has that weirdo Druig and Thena. I know Target many times will get cases of of one figure (Ex Iron Man) but this seems like a huuuge miscalculation. Every store I visited had 8 or more Druigs. 8 of one character who is arguably the worst of a boring wave. 

Agree about the stiffness. On the Druig I got, I was a little put off by how stiff the “skirt” is.. at least on the Shang Chi INaction figures the “cloth” was softer and had a bit of give. I haven’t opened Thena yet but she appears to have that stiffer plastic as well. 

On other sites I see people praising these figures as the best wave Hasbro has ever done. But I’m just don’t see it... as mentioned, the faces are barely recognizable, Druig has weirdly long arms, Thena has no knee caps, the body is waaaaay wrong for Ajak, the “costumes” are uninspired.. had hoped seeing them in hand would change my mind but outside of my Thena looking pretty close to Angelina ( a few of the other figures I left didn’t resemble her as much) I’m just very let down by this movie and Legends wave.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:37 PM, McHogan said:

On other sites I see people praising these figures as the best wave Hasbro has ever done. But I’m just don’t see it... as mentioned, the faces are barely recognizable, Druig has weirdly long arms, Thena has no knee caps, the body is waaaaay wrong for Ajak, the “costumes” are uninspired.. had hoped seeing them in hand would change my mind but outside of my Thena looking pretty close to Angelina ( a few of the other figures I left didn’t resemble her as much) I’m just very let down by this movie and Legends wave.

I've seen the praises too, but it's almost like the MCU proponents are out extra strong on this wave. I feel like no matter what they release their personal bias will be on full display for anything MCU. And that's alright, cuz I harbor my own bias for the Comic based figures as well. The difference is that a lot of MCU fans would be all too happy to see the Comic figures go away altogether, but us Comic fans are under the understanding that a balance of highly recognizable MCU figures and the wide variety of flashy Comic figs are the key to the longevity of the line. The thing about these Eternals figures is, well done or not, they are just really drab beyond comprehension to me. I'm almost tempted to say that the drought of the MCU movies and content for the last year or so have contributed to how well MCU fans are receiving this wave. For me it's a hard pass.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:43 PM, LordVenger said:

I think I remember that quasar is supposed to be months behind nova. 

That's what I thought, but people on some other sites and FB are trading and selling them like crazy for insane money. It be rainin' Quasar in some places. It's been such a drought at Walgreens I wouldn't be surprised if the dumped them both on the shelves at the same time and it would be just my luck to score a Nova and think the pressure is off for a while only to find out Quasar was dropped at the same time and I missed it.

On 10/14/2021 at 2:58 PM, monron999 said:

That's what I thought, but people on some other sites and FB are trading and selling them like crazy for insane money. It be rainin' Quasar in some places. It's been such a drought at Walgreens I wouldn't be surprised if the dumped them both on the shelves at the same time and it would be just my luck to score a Nova and think the pressure is off for a while only to find out Quasar was dropped at the same time and I missed it.

Yea. Both nova and Quasar have  been out in Canada for a long time now. So it’s possible the sellers your talking about are from Canada or picked up quasar from someone in Canada. 

On 10/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, McHogan said:

Haven't got the full wave yet, but while I'd definitely say it's not Hasbro's best work, it's far from it's worst.  I had pretty much the opposite experience, and found them better in-person than the online shots had made them look.  I agree that a few of the likenesses aren't great (Sadly it's the two that appear to be the "leads" in Sersi and Ikaris that seem to suffer the most here).  My only major gripe is that they all feel "greasy," I'm guessing due to all the shiny.  And they do look pretty good arrayed together, at least among the ones I have so far (Ikaris, Sersi, Sprite, Kingo, Phastos, and Thena).  Druig, Makkari, and Kro show up tomorrow.

Yeah, I think most people in the US who already have Quasar ordered theirs from Canada or the UK or Hong Kong. I think Zavvi or Robot Kingdom or something has been selling overseas Quasars to Americans for a month or two now, at a premium. Everyone I've seen asked online about it has said they ordered internationally to get it, and paid $35 to $40.

EDIT: Yeah, you can get him here https://www.robotkingdom.com/f02235l00.html for $30. Shipping seems to be like $20 for just one copy to where I live, though, so it would end up at least double the American MSRP.

On 10/10/2021 at 7:14 PM, mako said:

Jeez, the Armadillo wave is out now to? Just popped by a North Little Rock Wally-World where they had Morlun, Shriek, whatever they call that stupid MCU Iron Spider suit, and Jameson on the pegs. Left behind the MCUs.

Yeah I grabbed Shriek and Morlun myself here in Northeast Texas. I left the rest. That was last week I think.

My Reed Richards showed up on my doorstep with a nice surprise when I opened my front door! Something jumped me and I was jumping around to get whatever it was off. I don't know what it was but a nice start for my morning. Reed came from Dorkside Toys.