Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 11/15/2021 at 10:54 AM, K9-K1N6 said:

I haven't shown this because things sorta got rough, but since thursday i was able to get myself a Captain Carter figure in a decent discount price and i love it, the Scarlet witch figure is in there cause i like the figure too i already had her for a long time.
20211114_120331.thumb.jpg.93b698bf462270bd36784e6007fe805f.jpg

Both are amazing figures. Nice haul

On 11/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, MonsterChris said:

Finally opened my Ultron on Friday.  I was saving him for last from the Ursa Major wave.  Man, he is an object lesson in execution.  I think he might be my favorite Marvel figure for the year.  He was catching the light this morning.

122446420_IMG_1215(2).thumb.JPG.3e844a884a16cd0527ea442bd7d4cc86.JPG

Also a perfect example of less is more. For all the other versions that ToyBiz and Hasbro has given us they always tried to “spice” him up. While some were pretty alright they were not the TRUE Ultron. This figure is simple but incredible. Go figure, stay true to the original design and knock it out of the park 

Today found Kingo and Web Man. Thought I decided to pass on Web Man, the colors just pop and is a really fun figure. Saw him and bought him. I have no impulse control. 😁

only Ajak from that abysmal Eternals wave to go.. 

While my October was epic for new additions to my collection, November so far has been a trickle of finding the few figs from the recent waves that have been eluding me.

And now the FF wave has started showing up..only the Thing so far. I’m happy to report the blue on his uniform looks darker than the promo pics. Hoping the rest are just as dark

On 11/16/2021 at 8:17 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Finally got that Hercules! from Gamestop.

spacer.png

You are in Canada correct? I recently placed an order for Hercules with an expected release of 11-17.. really hoping mine ship then.. i canceled my Tigra order from Dorkside because GameStop had her in stock with 2-4 day shipping.. of course mine was delayed by 2 days 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, McHogan said:

You are in Canada correct? I recently placed an order for Hercules with an expected release of 11-17.. really hoping mine ship then.. i canceled my Tigra order from Dorkside because GameStop had her in stock with 2-4 day shipping.. of course mine was delayed by 2 days 

Yup Canada.

He actually came out here in Canada on Oct 8th, but wasn't available yet in stores (only was online), I made a pre-order in store, just came today, TRU's here have had Herc and Tigra for a week or two already here, I'd say you probably will be getting stuff soon, seems like these figures are really hitting everywhere now.

Dropped by Target.com originally intending to finally pull the trigger on Retro Sue, only to find they also had Retro Reed and Ben back in stock. Human Torch is unable to be shipped to my zip code for some reason, but I'm probably the only guy on here who DOESN'T have an issue with the previous version, so no problem there.

With free shipping, a 10 dollar "sorry we FUBARed your shipping" gift card, and their Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal, even after tax I managed to get all three available figures for slightly less than the price of 2.

Some days you get the bear . . . 

Grabbed a Retro Reed and the Hydra Stomper today. 

As with the Thing figure the blue looks darker in hand than promo pics.. makes me glad as once completed this SHOULD be my final FF suit (plus hopefully She Hulk someday) I’ll have to buy..

On 11/17/2021 at 3:55 PM, mako said:

Dropped by Target.com originally intending to finally pull the trigger on Retro Sue, only to find they also had Retro Reed and Ben back in stock. Human Torch is unable to be shipped to my zip code for some reason, but I'm probably the only guy on here who DOESN'T have an issue with the previous version, so no problem there.

With free shipping, a 10 dollar "sorry we FUBARed your shipping" gift card, and their Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal, even after tax I managed to get all three available figures for slightly less than the price of 2.

Some days you get the bear . . . 

The Walgreen’s Torch? I kinda like him too.. the off colored head doesn’t bother me at all. Nor does his stockier build. 

What I DO wish we’d get is a matte red with black lines ala John Byrne’s Torch. But I’ve got a suspicion we’ll get him in a repainted exclusive of some sort

I received my FF Torch yesterday and I really have to say I like it. Its very different from the other most recent Torch, the Walgreens exclusive, but both have their merits. While waiting for an order today, I wandered down the action figure aisle at Walmart, and to my surprise, there were most all the figures from the FF wave. I grabbed the Invisible Woman and the High Evolutionary - the figure I wanted most from this wave. Torch was the only figure not there for purchase. Since I have already received my Thing, Mr. Fantastic and Psycho Man fig pre-orders, I happily left all the other figures there for some other collector to happen upon and be surprised. When I checked out, the figures were not even in the computer system and rang up $0.00. It took them some time to find the price in the system and they had to enter it manually into the checkout scanner. This tells me these were not expected to be for sale yet in my store. I live in the upper Midwest, so be on the lookout for these if you have a Walmart near you. I'm normally always one of the last ones to get marvel legends in my local Walmarts, so maybe check your action fig aisle next time you are there.

Got Hercules!! Maaaan, I love this figure 100 times more than I thought I would. His head sculpts are great, and I find that I can't look at him without picturing him saying "Huzzah!" ala Batman BatB's Aquaman (and sounding like him too), lol. Really looking forward to an update on his other classic look with the skirt and legging straps, lol.

My Nova from Walgreens arrived via Fed Ex today and I happened upon Hercules in two stores, FYE and GameStop.

FYE had Herc stickered at $36.98 EACH!! So um.. no thanks. GameStop had him at the $22 price I’ve seen him everywhere else online. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the price at FYE.. I remember complaining that GameStop’s mark up ( normally $2-$4 dollars higher ) was bad. Maybe they learned their lesson that they couldnt  sell figures that much higher cost as even on their website they are now the same cost as other online retailers. But FYE charging nearly double?!? Good luck selling those..

Nova is awesome. Really hoping Walgreens throws Quasar online to save me the travel, stress etc that I had before Nova went up online 

Hercules is a thing of beauty. My all time favorite version of Herc and he does not disappoint. Man bun modern version goes to the bottom of the pile. Only version that could possibly overtake this version in my heart would be the classic skirt and leg straps version. Maybe. This  Retro Hercules is the version I was first introduced to when I picked up my first Avengers comic.. so it’s unlikely but ..possible..

Why do I do this to myself?

Reed, Sue and Ben were scheduled to arrive from Target Monday, the 22nd. Then, they were rescheduled to arrive today. Then Target revises delivery BACK to Monday, only UPS, who turned it over to the Post Office, have delivery scheduled for TUESDAY! Mind you, while all this is going on, my order arrived here, in my city, YESTERDAY afternoon.

Given I also had to pick up Thanksgiving dinner groceries today while suffering from the nasal infection from Hell, my day might have been a total write-off . . . if I hadn't been able to pick up my Walgreens Nova (AWESOME figure), and snagged the entire AOA 2.0 wave at Wally-World. Oh, and Target knocked five bucks off my order.

Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you . . . and some days you get the bear but he takes a big ole crap on you anyway.

Here is an odd one. Last Friday I Acquired the SKU for the Eternals Ajak to use on Brickseek. Every Walmart  within 50 miles suddenly had 6+ so I drove over to the closest one. Nothing in sight and a worker even looked the item up but said it wouldn’t be out until December ( same as what website says). But added “ it could be in seasonal as well.” 

This next part is on me: thinking I’ve NEVER seen a Legend in seasonal I blew her off and left.

i was back in Walmart today on an unrelated task, checked the toy aisle again and nothing. On a lark I went to seasonal area and nothing as well. But... one aisle over in their Clearance area was 6+ Ajak marked down to $10 each. The same figure I had pre-ordered on Walmart.com that they have listed at $22.97 with a December release date is in stores marked down to less than half off

grabbed 2. 1 because I swore to never pay full price for any Eternal figure ( and today’s find cemented that! Never paid full price for the entire wave plus Deluxe/ Exclusives!) 2nd for an extra “unmasked “ head in case I want to customize Santanico Pandemonium ‘s ugly little sister 😁

lesson: maybe check the clearance or seasonal aisle if the normal toy aisle is empty.