Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

No telling where Sue and Ben are at this point. According to UPS tracking they turned it over to the Post Office Saturday, and it should be delivered tomorrow. According to Post Office tracking, they haven't received it yet (which would make delivery . . . problematic to say the least).

For Target's part, their cutting me a refund for the missing figures on top of the money they knocked off yesterday.

My shop got in our F4 retro stock today, and I have to say—I have no horse in this race—but Sue’s face looks fine. I feel for F4 fans who disagree, but she looks totally fine to me in person. One of the four we got in had the eyes painted a little high, which definitely looked weird, but the other three were okay. She looks radically different from other Sues, obviously, which I realize isn’t desirable—and I’m not saying she looks great—but I would have no problems with having that figure in my collection if I cared at all about her character.

On 11/22/2021 at 8:51 PM, Benn said:

My shop got in our F4 retro stock today, and I have to say—I have no horse in this race—but Sue’s face looks fine. I feel for F4 fans who disagree, but she looks totally fine to me in person. One of the four we got in had the eyes painted a little high, which definitely looked weird, but the other three were okay. She looks radically different from other Sues, obviously, which I realize isn’t desirable—and I’m not saying she looks great—but I would have no problems with having that figure in my collection if I cared at all about her character.

This is good to know. This is the first time I’ve heard positive things about this Sue. I had actually started kinda looking for a cheap Walgreens or Skrull version in the event the Retro one was as bad as I’ve heard. Really hoping I can find one that looks like you’ve described 

On 11/17/2021 at 2:45 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

"...found the retro FF wave. Sue is hideous. Picked up High E and Psycho Man. Torch & Thing looked great!! Im very excited for these new figures..." 

What an amazing job they did on Psycho-Man. Its perfection. I was a little suprised to see that the High Evolutionary is so...small. 

On 11/22/2021 at 10:35 PM, Atlantis said:

What an amazing job they did on Psycho-Man. Its perfection. I was a little suprised to see that the High Evolutionary is so...small. 

Same I was gonna get him for my X-Villains shelf but I think I'll hold off and see if he goes on sale.

I've always assumed he was a taller character but I guess every time I saw him the "camera" was always facing up to him.

Since High Evolutionary can change his size I never really questioned getting this "normal sized" one.  Most of my familiarity with the character is from Annihilation Conquest and some of his more recent appearances, where he is shown at average to slightly above average human height as well as being able to change to a larger size.

Annihilation Conquest 05 Of 6 2008 | Read Annihilation Conquest 05 Of 6  2008 comic online in high quality. Read Full Comic online for free - Read  comics online in high quality .Annihilation Conquest 01 Of 6 2008 | Read Annihilation Conquest 01 Of 6  2008 comic online in high quality. Read Full Comic online for free - Read  comics online in high quality .

On 11/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, Air-Walker said:

IMG_4063.thumb.JPG.2ad3b46f3f2450882a71d9d64a7a7597.JPGThis fiery lil lady showed up at my door today. Was somewhat on the fence about ordering her, but, I'm glad I did. She looks kinda dope, even with the bizarre fiery 'star-do'. Now, if Hasbro would kindly both give us a v.1 disco-hair Ms Marvel and a redo of v.2 (black suit...or is it v.2a?), I will be most happy indeed!

Nice! This one is definitely on the want list with Quasar. Certainly not my favored iteration of Carol Danvers, but lets be realistic. This is probably the closest we'll come to getting a Ms. Marvel figure for a minute.

I second that 1st App. and Warbird/Ms. Marvel request. Just give us those 2, and they can pack away the character never to touch again.

. . . at least until Marvel figures out how to fix everything they screwed up about her.

Since the beginning of the month I've picked up or received

• Spider-Man 2099
  • Rage (clearance at GameStop)
  • Tigra
  • Invisible Woman modern (used to customize the head for retro Sue)
  • Invisible Woman retro
  • Mr. Fantastic retro
  • Human Torch retro
  • Thing retro
  • Psycho-Man
  • High Evolutionary
  • Hercules
  • Nova

I got a shipping notice for retro Sandman. That might be the last figure I get this year unless the Pulse exclusive versions of Johnny and Sue and the S.H.I.E.L.D. trooper back ship earlier than expected.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:38 AM, RyanDaly said:

Invisible Woman modern (used to customize the head for retro Sue)

I've been hearing about a lot of people doing this. For my money, though, the only way this would work is if there were a corresponding "Clear" modern head to do the same swap on the upcoming clear Retro version. I mean, call me anal, but if I'm gonna drop the 25 bucks for a clear Retro Sue, it's gonna HAVE to match regular Retro Sue as close as possible.

Pretty good Black Friday haul: found Zombie Hunter Spidey to complete What If? Wave, Kingo to finally put the Eternals wave to rest, and completed the FF Retro wave by finding Torch, Sue, Evolutionary , and Psycho Man (at Meijers of all places) and  got Gold & Black Spidey as well as Shriek to  begin the No Way Home wave. 

Got $5 off Kingo but full price for the rest of the good figures.. 

Happily surprised the FF wave was so easy. Was worried about having to pay scalper prices for the Torch and (for some reason) the High Evolutionary.. Sue’s face in hand isn’t too bad.. thanks to the box art I can see what they were attempting.. still not as pretty as the previous two,

On 11/24/2021 at 4:24 PM, mako said:

I've been hearing about a lot of people doing this. For my money, though, the only way this would work is if there were a corresponding "Clear" modern head to do the same swap on the upcoming clear Retro version. I mean, call me anal, but if I'm gonna drop the 25 bucks for a clear Retro Sue, it's gonna HAVE to match regular Retro Sue as close as possible.

Agree 100%.. gave the head swap serious consideration but decided ( mostly due to having Sue in hand to see that her face isn’t as horrible as I thought it would be) that the hair would be too different.

My great weekend continues. Found Stealth Captain Carter and a second Human Torch that I’m going to try to turn into Jim Hammond.

oh got street dated for GamerVerse Miles Morales at Target. Dec 4 is what they are telling me. Will probably never see him in the wild again. 

So many Legends! Got Johnny, Thing, waiting on Mr. Fantastic (in transit), High Evolutionary, and Sue is on preorder (the translucent version).

Finally got Kitty from AoA wave 2, now I have the full wave. Can't wait to put together that Colossus!

Just ordered the Amazon exclusive Wolverine box set. It may be an early Cyber Monday price because the price was just lowered to $84. So if you were waiting for the price to drop like me  go grab yourself a set!

After weeks of only seeing Magneto, Iceman, and Rogue in stores came across Cyclops and Legion from the AOA wave.

Old news kinda but I’ve had my Sentinel for months now and finally had an afternoon off to bust him out. Don’t get me wrong, this is an amazing figure. But maybe some slight buyers remorse, I really don’t like how they did the hands. It reminds me of the way ToyBiz did unnecessary finger articulation and it takes away from the overall sculpt. My Sentinels legs both are slightly loose but the legs are very heavy, it doesn’t surprise me that they bend on their own..

in FF wave news, if you are in the Michigan, Indiana, Ohio check Meijers stores.. over the past few days I’ve seen the entire wave at multiple stores.. for those unaware, you can count on Meijers to be 3-4 waves behind the rest of the world for finding new Legends so this has been a huge surprise. My closest store recently got the Tri-Sentinel wave a few days before I stumbled across the FF wave..

Tigra arrived yesterday. Opening the box, yes, she is quite orange. Once I had her out of the packing though and managed to work her knees loose, I was totally fine with the color. She is a cool figure of a character I always liked. The color works for me. The black stripes pop. The legs look really good and are quite posable. The happy face seems a bit small but the growling face seems perfect. I am quite happy with Tigra. She's posing with my West Coast Avengers at the moment.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:41 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Heads Up Hasbro Pulse Excalibur 3 pack is coming out as of now, Hasbro already charged me.

Same. Took me a minute to figure out what I was charged for. Pulse needs to revamp their site.. not very user friendly.  My PayPal account was also charged another $48 and some change from Pulse, maybe Retro FF related but will have to dig a little deeper to be sure.

Can’t wait to add the most iconic (IMO) Cap suit to my collection. The other two are gravy as we will be one figure away from one of my favorite non Avengers teams. 

unrelated: found Retro Sandman. Very cool figure, agree with many opinions that for a face that just got punched through, he is taking it like a champ.

EDIT: my 2 Retro Johhny Storm figures are the 2nd charge from Pulse