Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Retro Johnny Storm arrived today from Pulse. Actually expected it to be the Excalibur set, maybe tomorrow for that one. Was also able to find Dr Strange and Integrated suit Spidey from the No Way Home wave. Just JJJ and Morlun left

did see a AOA Kitty today too but not collecting that wave. Have never seen Sabretooth, is he the hard to find figure for this wave? 

Saw several cases of Eternals clogging pegs at Walmart this weekend, and at least one Ajak.  Saw most of the What If wave as well and even an AoA Magneto, Kitty, and Legion.  Not particularly interested in any of them, but it is nice to see stuff on the shelves again.  

On 12/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, RyanDaly said:

Got an email that the retro line 3.75" Phoenix and Wolverine 2-pack is shipping soon. Also got the email about Johnny Storm last week but so far that hasn't shipped yet.

Hmm. I just checked the tracking for my Excalibur set. There’s been no movement since Pulse sent the shipping info to FedEx on the 1st..

must be that time of the year but...My Johnny arrived in days even though I got the notification and credit card charged for the Excalibur set first.. little bummed, was hoping to get my hands on Cap Brit sooner rather than later

On 12/5/2021 at 12:02 PM, greenlucario said:

Saw several cases of Eternals clogging pegs at Walmart this weekend, and at least one Ajak.  Saw most of the What If wave as well and even an AoA Magneto, Kitty, and Legion.  Not particularly interested in any of them, but it is nice to see stuff on the shelves again.  

Eternals are clogging pegs everywhere in Michigan/ Indiana. So many in fact I was a little surprised that a few stores put the No Way Home and FF waves out. Many times stores near me don’t put out new product until the peg warmers are clearanced or sold off

I got word today from Hasbro that my X-Force box set is shipping from Pulse next week, as opposed to April or whenever it was originally scheduled. I just got in wave 2 of Age of Apocalypse yesterday, Excalibur should be showing up any day now, and now X-Force is coming very soon too. It’s shaping up to be a good month.

On 12/9/2021 at 2:44 PM, MonsterChris said:

...seriously?

IMG_1375.thumb.JPG.19ef2d552a96a5bf33f42da27835c7b1.JPG

That is crazy! Does Pulse get a discount or something? I mean, how can this save them money? 

On a related note: anyone tried returning items to Pulse? Geez, I requested a return auth and 2 MONTHS later got a return  email with the steps..  shipping is on me, but there are a few more hoops to jump through. Maybe best to sell off my item on my own.

On 12/10/2021 at 4:45 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Finally got some of the No Way Home wave, Miles, Shriek, Black & Gold Suit & Morlun, also High Evolutionary

still no Dr. Strange or Jonah, I need to build that Armadillo

newhaul2.jpg

Pleasantly surprised how easy both the FF retro and Spidey MCU waves have been to acquire so far. Only Spidey figures I’ve yet to see in the wild are JJJ and Morlun. Figure it’s a matter if time.

Have you found these in brick and mortar stores or online? 

On 12/10/2021 at 5:01 PM, McHogan said:

Pleasantly surprised how easy both the FF retro and Spidey MCU waves have been to acquire so far. Only Spidey figures I’ve yet to see in the wild are JJJ and Morlun. Figure it’s a netter if time.

Have you found these in brick and mortar stores or online? 

found the Spider-Man figs at brick and mortar, but High Ev was a pre-order from Gamestop

I actually have yet to see any of the FF wave at brick & mortar yet, and only figure from the NWH wave I have not seen is J Jonah (I saw Strange, but I pre-ordered him thinking he'd be hard to get), why is the lamest figure of the bunch the hardest to find? I don't even want him I just want the BAF part 😂

On 12/10/2021 at 5:03 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

found the Spider-Man figs at brick and mortar, but High Ev was a pre-order from Gamestop

I actually have yet to see any of the FF wave at brick & mortar yet, and only figure from the NWH wave I have not seen is J Jonah (I saw Strange, but I pre-ordered him thinking he'd be hard to get), why is the lamest figure of the bunch the hardest to find? I don't even want him I just want the BAF part 😂

Yeah my Figure Radar is way off. Has been for years. I pre-order figures I think will be hard to find only to have them be plentiful in stores, then figures I think will be easy to get takes me weeks longer to get. 

FF figures have been an oddity here in Michigan, Every figure is everywhere in Meijers stores but are scarce everywhere else. Meijers is notorious for being waved behind so to see new product that no one else has is remarkable. 

On 12/10/2021 at 5:08 PM, McHogan said:

Yeah my Figure Radar is way off. Has been for years. I pre-order figures I think will be hard to find only to have them be plentiful in stores, then figures I think will be easy to get takes me weeks longer to get. 

FF figures have been an oddity here in Michigan, Every figure is everywhere in Meijers stores but are scarce everywhere else. Meijers is notorious for being waved behind so to see new product that no one else has is remarkable. 

Yeah agreed my Radar is off too, I always thought I knew, and used to know who'd be the hard figs to get, but lately it seems a ton of times it's unpredictable like really J Jonah? he's sold out tons of places online, he's the hard boy to find, and yeah weird that Meijer's which I hear sucks (I'm in Canada remember so I don't know) has figs before others, guess same goes here though the Spidey figs I've been getting from Indigo books, they also generally kinda suck...most people don't even know they sell legends but they have the NWH wave in the most abundance. *shrug* guess you never can really tell anymore, things are so off with the distribution, damn Amazon and tons of other sites still are listing What If wave, NWH wave and FF as next year releases 🥴

On 12/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, McHogan said:

Eternals are clogging pegs everywhere in Michigan/ Indiana. So many in fact I was a little surprised that a few stores put the No Way Home and FF waves out. Many times stores near me don’t put out new product until the peg warmers are clearanced or sold off

Happens here in PA  too, which is unfortunate, since I'd love to see some of the No Way Home stuff in person. 

So, I was happy to be getting a powered-down Johnny Storm because I love me some Fantastic Four and wanted to support the retro-carded wave, but I didn't think I would have much use for posing him compared to either of my flamed-on versions. I also really wasn't looking forward to the figure. Based on the promo images, I thought the paint scheme really accentuated the flaws in the Sunfire buck, namely the shoulders looking so droopy. I also didn't like hair they chose for him. Johnny's hair was always wavy, the way I pictured it based on the comics.

However, upon opening the figure tonight, I really like this one. The flame accessory that sits on his shoulders nullifies the problem with the Sunfire sculpt (still, though, bring on the new Vulcan buck). I also don't mind the hair as much, because it's not as flat or spiky as I pictures, and he has enough of a smirk on his face to clearly convey this is Johnny freaking Storm. So yeah, happy I got him. Hopefully the transparent Sue Storm will arrive within a week or so.

spacer.png