Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Found JJJ and Morlun to finish off the Spidey wave. Looks like I’m  done until next year when new product hits. 

Still think it was a huge wasted opportunity not to give JJJ a Maguire era alternate head but me thinks we’ll see that one yet. 

Oh found the GameStop Exclusive Miles as well. Don’t care much for the figure itself but I’ve got a few ideas to use the accessories elsewhere. 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:05 PM, RyanDaly said:

So, I was happy to be getting a powered-down Johnny Storm because I love me some Fantastic Four and wanted to support the retro-carded wave, but I didn't think I would have much use for posing him compared to either of my flamed-on versions. I also really wasn't looking forward to the figure. Based on the promo images, I thought the paint scheme really accentuated the flaws in the Sunfire buck, namely the shoulders looking so droopy. I also didn't like hair they chose for him. Johnny's hair was always wavy, the way I pictured it based on the comics.

However, upon opening the figure tonight, I really like this one. The flame accessory that sits on his shoulders nullifies the problem with the Sunfire sculpt (still, though, bring on the new Vulcan buck). I also don't mind the hair as much, because it's not as flat or spiky as I pictures, and he has enough of a smirk on his face to clearly convey this is Johnny freaking Storm. So yeah, happy I got him. Hopefully the transparent Sue Storm will arrive within a week or so.

spacer.png

Agree, I like the powered down Johnny more than I thought I would too. Also really happy how the team looks together.

Did you do the face swap on Sue?

On 12/12/2021 at 9:14 AM, RyanDaly said:

Yes, I used the head from the modern Sue in the Super-Skrull BAF wave with the hair from the new retro version. 

Man that looks beautiful. I may try this myself. I thought I could live with the fugly face she comes with ( really, mine isn’t so bad) but dang does the hair swap look great. It improves the figure 1000%.. why oh why did Hasbro not do this ?

only problem I could see is that to find an extra Sue head I’d have to spend more money than I’m willing.. but it sure is tempting

On 12/13/2021 at 3:32 PM, McHogan said:

only problem I could see is that to find an extra Sue head I’d have to spend more money than I’m willing.. but it sure is tempting

Paying full price for a figure just to destroy it in order to "fix" a flawed version that I also paid full price for, yes, it was very annoying. But Sue Storm is one of my favorite characters, so... some things had to be done.

I posted more pics and described my very low-tech process in one of the comments in this thread: 

On 12/13/2021 at 3:50 PM, RyanDaly said:

Paying full price for a figure just to destroy it in order to "fix" a flawed version that I also paid full price for, yes, it was very annoying. But Sue Storm is one of my favorite characters, so... some things had to be done.

I posted more pics and described my very low-tech process in one of the comments in this thread: 

I completely get you wanting to tweak one of your favorite characters. I did the same thing with the Black Knight figure. I love the figure we got but I had one minor thing I wanted different. I liked the neutral head under the wingless helmet to replicate the famous Avengers Marvel 25th anniversary cover. Had to buy an extra BK, Dremel out the angry head, then rip off the winged helmet from the neutral head, remove some “skull”. Then cut away the skirt and finally got my perfect version of BK

but this was tedious. I actually ruined my first attempt so it cost me an extra $20  ( remember when Legends were $20?). But.. it does give me a 4th option for BK’s classic suits.  I’m pretty happy with my effort so I get you upgrading Sue

802701FD-59DD-4AE5-A98B-83E4E6A6523B.jpeg

D582DEBB-461B-428D-8A06-BAF703188810.jpeg

5C346130-9796-46F8-AE40-F81A8DCC442B.jpeg

Nice work! 

I wonder if, given the character's popularity should rise in the next couple years, I wonder if we'll get another comic version that's basically a re-release of this version with the brown leather jacket from the Harras/Epting era. Would you want that version to have the neutral face on the contemporary helmet, or would you feel like you wasted all that time and effort? 

On 12/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, RyanDaly said:

Nice work! 

I wonder if, given the character's popularity should rise in the next couple years, I wonder if we'll get another comic version that's basically a re-release of this version with the brown leather jacket from the Harras/Epting era. Would you want that version to have the neutral face on the contemporary helmet, or would you feel like you wasted all that time and effort? 

Not at all, the more Black Knight goodness the better. I will gladly accept anything Hasbro puts out. 

If we do get a leather jacket era BK, I wouldn’t mind a lighter gray chain mail but my custom helmet/head swap days are done I think. It was too costly and tedious. I’d live with whichever face they put under the helmet.

I did, however do the nail polish remover trick to get rid of the face strips on Tigra and I’m thinking hard about painting Retro Black Spidey’s bottom of his feet light blue like the upcoming import figure. Back to simple stuff. Maybe stealing your technique for Sue too haha

On 12/15/2021 at 8:42 AM, RyanDaly said:

Got emails from Pulse saying that due to unexpected delays, the new anticipated ship dates for the Skrull trooper army builder is March 1st, and the S.H.I.E.L.D. trooper 2-pack is April 1st. 

With so many Legends coming out sooner than their release date I was wondering which ones would eventually be hit with a delay. Now we know 🙁

On 12/16/2021 at 5:32 AM, Emnems80 said:

With so many Legends coming out sooner than their release date I was wondering which ones would eventually be hit with a delay. Now we know 🙁

Yeah kinda cool with Hasbro saying Skrulls and SHEILD Agents are delayed, too much stuff all at once, I can wait a bit, it's ravaging my wallet

anyways got Retro Sue today, her face isn't that bad, but Still thinking I'm probably going to switch that head out for the Black Suit version, who knows, now just waiting on Johnny and the family is here!

On 12/16/2021 at 1:08 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah kinda cool with Hasbro saying Skrulls and SHEILD Agents are delayed, too much stuff all at once, I can wait a bit, it's ravaging my wallet

anyways got Retro Sue today, her face isn't that bad, but Still thinking I'm probably going to switch that head out for the Black Suit version, who knows, now just waiting on Johnny and the family is here!

Yes, the ease on the wallet is a plus. Especially this time of year.

Was in my closest Walmart today and they have 3 full cases of the Eternals including Ajak, 4 each of AOA Cyclops, Magneto and Iceman and, oddly, just JJJ and Morlun from the NWH wave. 

With these same Eternals clogging pegs every where else in town my guess is they will be clearanced sooner rather than later. Same with the XMen stuff.. ( ‘cause around here the FIRST AOA wave pegged hard) not sure why they are so far behind but good luck moving that particular product

Oh and Pulse charged my card for the exclusive Invisible Woman a few days ago but I’ve seen no movement... hoping she makes it before the end of the year so she can count as a final tally for my epic 4th quarter of Legends goodness 

On 12/21/2021 at 6:04 PM, McHogan said:

Oh and Pulse charged my card for the exclusive Invisible Woman a few days ago but I’ve seen no movement... hoping she makes it before the end of the year so she can count as a final tally for my epic 4th quarter of Legends goodness 

Yeah Pulse just said they sent out X-Force 3 pack, that should be it for the 2021 figgies other then Gamestop sending me Torch, it's been a jam packed final Q for Legends, I rarely say it but I'm fatigued and I need a Legend break, I have a backlog of things to open still and gotta do shelf reshuffles.

On 12/21/2021 at 6:04 PM, McHogan said:

I got the email from Pulse that my clear Invisible Woman shipped.

Went to Target yesterday and saw 13 AoA Magnetos on the shelves, along with two or three Sabretooths.