Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Got a ship notification for Quasar from Walgreens. Got to say, as soon as they eventually hit their website Walgreens gets them shipped. Too bad this is preceded by months of uncertainty as to whether we will ever see their exclusives.

Also found the remains of the Spidey Retro wave. Picked up Armored, Riley, Hammerhead and Hobgoblin. In hand, Hobgoblin isn’t as cartoony as pics make him seem. 

Can someone clear up something on the Retro Symbiote Spidey? His bio reads that he got his Symbiote suit from a crashed space ship. Is this a retcon from the cartoon? One of my favorite comics as a kid was Secret Wars #8 so that isn’t how Peter got the Symbiote.  

On 2/19/2022 at 5:29 PM, McHogan said:

Can someone clear up something on the Retro Symbiote Spidey? His bio reads that he got his Symbiote suit from a crashed space ship. Is this a retcon from the cartoon? One of my favorite comics as a kid was Secret Wars #8 so that isn’t how Peter got the Symbiote.  

Yes, in the animated series the black symbiote came to Earth when it attached to a space shuttle piloted by John Jamison. The shuttle crashed on... one of the many New York bridges, I can't remember which one. Spidey rescued the flight crew and that's where the symbiote attached to him. (I'm pretty sure a similar origin was contrived for Spider-Man 3, although it's been so long since I watched it I honestly don't remember).

Quasar arrived today... FINALLY!! ‘Finally’ that he made it to Walgreens, not how long it took from order to arrival. That part was lightning quick. 

Only small gripe is both boxes came in less than stellar shape. They were packed nicely so I’m guessing I was shipped pre-dinged boxes. That’s ok, this is a major Avengers acquisition. He looks amazing and can’t wait to get him with his teammates.

Also got a ship notification that my Retro Scarlet Witch is on the way. Should be here this week as long with Vision who shipped a few days ago. Great 2 weeks for my collection. Wallet took a huge hit but on that same token, a LOT of wants have been fulfilled.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:45 PM, McHogan said:

Quasar arrived today... FINALLY!! ‘Finally’ that he made it to Walgreens, not how long it took from order to arrival. That part was lightning quick. 

Only small gripe is both boxes came in less than stellar shape. They were packed nicely so I’m guessing I was shipped pre-dinged boxes. That’s ok, this is a major Avengers acquisition. He looks amazing and can’t wait to get him with his teammates.

Also got a ship notification that my Retro Scarlet Witch is on the way. Should be here this week as long with Vision who shipped a few days ago. Great 2 weeks for my collection. Wallet took a huge hit but on that same token, a LOT of wants have been fulfilled.

Ordered a Compound Hulk off Walmart.com on a whim. It arrived very secured in a sturdy box but the actual Legends box was nearly destroyed. I get that Wally World only sees a sale but you’d think the person packing the order would pick one in good shape if there was an option. Jeez, two days in a row my Legends arrived banged up. .

slowly picking off the Dr Strange wave.. found the good Doctor and D’Spayre today. Was minutes to late as I walked past a guy carrying 4 or 5 of this wave on my way to the back of Walmart. He had Wong for sure but the other boxes were obscured. Can’t say that’s ever happened before. Kinda funny, I was waiting for my wife to finish a call before we went in. If she didn’t get that call I may have finished off the wave today. Ah well, only Mordo, Sleepwalker & Astral Strange left, not predicting they’ll be very hard to get

A day after being thwarted by an untimely phone call and another Legends fan beating me to the stash I was able to grab the rest of the Dr Strange wave today. Strong wave, glad to easily finish it off. Mordo is a huge improvement over his first figure and Sleepwalker and D’Spayre are a lot of fun.

On 2/25/2022 at 11:21 AM, RyanDaly said:

Retro-carded Scarlet Witch arrived today. I love it! This head/face sculpt that debuted with the Family Values 3-Pack was immediately one of my all-time favorites, but the monochrome dark outfit was a real bummer for me. So happy to have a corrected version in the collection. 

I loved the Family Values 3 pack Wanda except the paint scheme as well. My Wanda should arrive tomorrow. Can’t wait.

My white Vision arrived today and I’ve got to say, in hand I like him a lot more than I thought I would. I still don’t like the rounded feet bottoms but the grayish parts at the trunks and and shoulders really pop and give him a really good look. Plus, it wasn’t evident in many of the reviews , but the chest diamond is there, though it’s painted to be less obvious. Also, his forehead jewel is also there, just  the same color as the rest of his head. Thought I read a review saying both were missing. Or maybe they are the same as mine but the reviewer wanted them to stand out more. 

Either way, I love this new Vision. The thing that really  sells this for me though is the package with the classic WEST COAST AVENGERS logo. Just awesome, great graphics..

EDIT: My Vision came from Pulse and the streak of dinged up figure boxes  in undamaged shipping boxes is over ( after both Quasar and Compound Hulk)

On 2/24/2022 at 10:56 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Quasar landed on my doorstep yesterday. Opened him up today...good figure. Not a big fan of the Redford face but it'll do for now. I dig the costume and I'm glad to add this character to my collection. 

Yeah he is great. I’m not 100% on the head sculpt either but it does at least invoke the era this costume are from. 

I’ve been on the look out for extra heads in other lines like Power Rangers and G.I. Joe for my SHIELD Agents, I’ll have to see if one will work for Wendell

On 2/25/2022 at 11:21 AM, RyanDaly said:

Retro-carded Scarlet Witch arrived today. I love it! This head/face sculpt that debuted with the Family Values 3-Pack was immediately one of my all-time favorites, but the monochrome dark outfit was a real bummer for me. So happy to have a corrected version in the collection. 

I received mine as well and OOH LA LA, she's stunning.  She is in her more traditional colors, as she when she appeared back in the 1970's Avengers, which I prefer to the previous Family Values 3-Pack version.  How they painted her eyes helps to enhance this figure's face.  With the hair peaking out of her head gear, its one of their top female head sculpts.

Wanda.jpeg

On 2/25/2022 at 6:09 PM, darknight86 said:

I received mine as well and OOH LA LA, she's stunning.  She is in her more traditional colors, as she when she appeared back in the 1970's Avengers, which I prefer to the previous Family Values 3-Pack version.  How they painted her eyes helps to enhance this figure's face.  With the hair peaking out of her head gear, its one of their top female head sculpts.

Wanda.jpeg

Still going by my Family Values version but whole heartedly agree. The sculpt is stunning

My Wanda arrived today. Yep, she is perfect. 

As a note on the white Vision. The cape that Quasar has would have been a perfect use here. Not sure why they didn’t use it. Small gripe, just after really looking over Quasar it seems a no brainer. All well, I’m still very impressed with Vision as is

Picked up Sleepwalker, still hunting the Retro Spidey figures or hoping that my pre-order on them comes through. Also finally got my Armadillo BAF from Dorkside, for such an obscure character they really went all out to make a great looking figure, just wish he had a bit better articulation in the ankles.