Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 4/17/2022 at 3:22 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

So have the VHS X-Men figures only been released in the UK?

US/Canadian Pulse customers haven't gotten any of them right?

I believe nobody has gotten them yet in the US/CAN , have not seen anybody in the internet world saying they have received them yet.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:40 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Thanks LS!

Any good Marvel Legends finds at your Winners?

Yeah sadly no good finds at any Winners around me, I know other people in my general area had found some gems recently like the riders Punisher, also some people were finding some of the HoX/PoX wave...not me though I would like to find a cheap riders Punisher would be cool, how about you?

On 4/18/2022 at 5:51 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah sadly no good finds at any Winners around me, I know other people in my general area had found some gems recently like the riders Punisher, also some people were finding some of the HoX/PoX wave...not me though I would like to find a cheap riders Punisher would be cool, how about you?

J Jonah Jameson never made it to the West Coast. I think I saw ONE post on FB about finding Kingpin in Ontario for dirt cheap as well but alas not here. Ditto HOX wave, hasn't made it out here either.

I did find Firestar for $9.99. People have also been finding the Ursa Major wave for the same price. Kinda gave up on building him but for $9.99 a pop, that's motivation enough to build Demon Bear.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:58 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

J Jonah Jameson never made it to the West Coast. I think I saw ONE post on FB about finding Kingpin in Ontario for dirt cheap as well but alas not here. Ditto HOX wave, hasn't made it out here either.

I did find Firestar for $9.99. People have also been finding the Ursa Major wave for the same price. Kinda gave up on building him but for $9.99 a pop, that's motivation enough to build Demon Bear.

Oh wow you found Firestar for 9.99, that's a very good grab, would love to find a Kingpin for a cheap price as well, didn't ever hear about Ursa Major wave being found at Winners, I guess it's always a wildcard type moment with Winners.

On 4/18/2022 at 9:38 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Can $

20220418_170008.jpg

20220320_163523.jpg

Hey wow, that's crazy good, it's so weird how things end up at Winners, you always would expect the product that hits a Winners/Marshalls to be peg warmers, but that doesn't always seem to be the case, Winners I presumes just gets product from various stores that are selling them wholesale at liqudation prices to get rid of them, I guess sometimes it's anything they have laying around for too long.

🙌

On 4/21/2022 at 2:27 PM, leokearon said:

SMYTHS in Ireland now has Arcade reduced to €4.

I find this funny, because at least here in Canada, Arcade was the hardest of the Bad Guys wave to find when they first dropped, but now I can't even give an Arcade away for a Rock Python.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:52 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I find this funny, because at least here in Canada, Arcade was the hardest of the Bad Guys wave to find when they first dropped, but now I can't even give an Arcade away for a Rock Python.

It's sad that Arcade doesn't have a generic suit, if he did I would easily snap them up for some suited figures 

I just found the Thor: Love and Thunder figures at my local Walmart in Northeast Texas. I tried to just purchase Ravenger Thor but it would not ring up and and an employee took it out of my hand and said it was not up for sale yet. I was like cool whatever. I was not sure if I really wanted him anyways. Apparently they are being stored in the stock rooms and have a street date.

Charles Bronson Iron Man arrived today from GameStop. I really like the bright red and yellow, which is why I have the Shang Chi wave IM minus ghost head in my Classics display. The blue Chest beam never bothered me.

This 20th Anniversary figure retains those sharp colors and while not a perfect representation of IM of this era, it’s a very nice figure.

That Bronson head goes straight into the accessories bin. Unless I ever decide to recreate Death Wish V Marvel 

And today my 20th Anniversary Hulk arrived. In hand his head sculpt is much better than pics had shown. He reminds me of the way he was drawn in the Hulk Magazine. This was a B& W oversized mag that I’m not sure was canon to his monthly comic. He was drawn more like how this figure looks. 

In order I think the headsculpts go from best to worst: Cap, Hulk, IM, honorary mention Dr Strange ( has to be the same sculpter right?) then a distant last is Toad

id  be ok if these were the last of the over-stylized headsculpts though. The majority of ML are great sculpts but then every now and again we get ones like these and a few like Captain Mar-Vell, Rage and the upcoming D+ Winter Soldier that look a little cartoony. 

On 4/29/2022 at 2:30 PM, Satam said:

You don't like the Sean Connery Doctor Strange?

Yeah it’s actually better than IM, just placed him in the wrong order. 

Good call, I can see Connery in the Strange  sculpt now that you mention it

Anybody else hearing rumors about Target phasing out MLs from stores?  I noticed that the there were no SKU tags for MLs in the toy aisle at my last visit to my local Target, but thought maybe it was just temporary. They did have a few MoM figures on a random endcap (not the Marvel endcap elsewhere that has Funkos and the Defender Strange tag) as well as eternals in clearance section. Anyhow i heard other stores have completed resets but without skus for MLs and again leftover MLs put on random endcap

On 5/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, bashpics99 said:

Anybody else hearing rumors about Target phasing out MLs from stores?  I noticed that the there were no SKU tags for MLs in the toy aisle at my last visit to my local Target, but thought maybe it was just temporary. They did have a few MoM figures on a random endcap (not the Marvel endcap elsewhere that has Funkos and the Defender Strange tag) as well as eternals in clearance section. Anyhow i heard other stores have completed resets but without skus for MLs and again leftover MLs put on random endcap

I have not heard this but hoping it’s not true. 

IF it were true, seems like the blame for unmoved product can be placed squarely at the feet of the $#!++% Shang Chi, Eternals, and 1 full case of 1 character per store as the reason for poor sales. Stores in area have dozens of unwanted Eternals still.

Honestly can’t see this becoming a reality as Hasbro seems to have the stroke to demand a presence in stores. But also of note, the street date for the new a Thor figures was the 26th ( i think) of last month and there have been zero sightings in my search area. Unheard of. Though full disclosure I haven’t seen them at Walmart or  GameStop either...