Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 6/3/2022 at 2:15 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Well I was late to this party but Pulse is having the best sale I’ve ever seen. 40% off on $75+

yeah i missed all the 20th figures, would've liked to get Cap at 40% off. 

I ended up grabbing Dormammu & Lady Deathstrike to complete Xemnu.

I also got the clear version of Sue and the retro FF wave Torch to replace my WG Torch.

Both the snake eyes/timber set and the elf/panther Dungeons & Dragons sets were tempting at $25 each.

Good sale if you are trying to build Ursa Major as well as i think most were there. I'm just not a huge Iron Man fan.

On 6/5/2022 at 5:42 PM, McHogan said:

Hey Hell must have frozen over as Dorkside has charged me for the Select Watcher. 

Honestly am surprised as I thought this would have been canceled on me for the 2nd time

I think so, mine showed up late last week without warning.  But I'm glad to have it at last.  

Seems like people are seeing solid cases of members of L &T at Target (i think Groot and one of the Thors were the ones sighted at different stores).  As you may recall,  target removed all the ML tags from the toy section during their last reset. I'm a bit curious as to whether these are going on pegs with tags or are just being randomly put anywhere.  I'll have to check out my local store sometime and see whats going on - haven't been back since they took down the ML tags.

Of course, Target continuing to get solid cases of figures rather than mixed-assortment cases isn't great news, either.

I think some of Bonebreaker wave has been popping in and out on Target's website but not sure if any are showing up in stores yet.  That would be a rough wave for solid cases imo.

I can verify that the Thor wave is finally hitting Targets. One store had about 7 Groots. Saw one randomly on an end cap but the other 6 or so on pegs where you’d normally find Legends. 

Also was able to snag Ravenger Thor from a Best Buy.. 

Also, passed on him but I found a Bonebreaker BAF Sabretooth in GameStop  

Popped open the Select Watcher figure...

so... bare with me, I owned exactly one other Select figure ( Thor with the original spinning hammer accessory ) but this Watcher..

- no lower body articulation at all? 

I mean.. he is the Watcher.. he watches.. but $30 for essentially the same articulation as that crappy Cannonball “action figure” ?!?

jeez... glad I haven’t bitten on any more figure from that company

ok, he is comic accurate..he stands and watches,. He will work in my collection but so disenchanted with Select.. I had waited literally years for this figure, only to have Select cancel the order years ago then finally releasevut and it’s essentially a kid friendly happy meal toy.. 

feel like I could have bought a statue and gotten then same result 

On 6/11/2022 at 3:24 AM, McHogan said:

Popped open the Select Watcher figure...

so... bare with me, I owned exactly one other Select figure ( Thor with the original spinning hammer accessory ) but this Watcher..

- no lower body articulation at all? 

I mean.. he is the Watcher.. he watches.. but $30 for essentially the same articulation as that crappy Cannonball “action figure” ?!?

jeez... glad I haven’t bitten on any more figure from that company

ok, he is comic accurate..he stands and watches,. He will work in my collection but so disenchanted with Select.. I had waited literally years for this figure, only to have Select cancel the order years ago then finally releasevut and it’s essentially a kid friendly happy meal toy.. 

feel like I could have bought a statue and gotten then same result 

that was the common complaint about MS Watcher that i've heard over the years, and definitely read a few warnings about it prior to this re-release.  That said,  as you mention his main function is to stand and watch, and seems like he will look good doing that.  I hemmed and hawed too long and ended up missing preorders for the MS re-release, but i think i was also just hoping hasbro would make a comic version.

Feels like both the MS Immortal Hulk and the Titanium Man figure were fairly well-received.  I still think MS is a decent option for some of the "big guy" characters, at least until the hasbro version comes along.  

Got my retro wave Rhino, and it really is amazing what two excellent head sculpts and a better paint scheme can do to a figure.  Still a bit big for Rhino, but since this figure is a massive improvement, it's easy enough to overlook.  

Hell has frozen over part II: stopped in a local Walgreens and was shocked to find a lone Binary on the shelf. Oh and a few Dr Strange MoM figures. 

I left it lie as I had gotten a Binary some months back online from Walgreens so I figured she would get snagged by somebody searching for her.

now it remains to be seen if the store had finally gotten some exclusives in stock or if it was a return.. but nice to find a Walgreens exclusive in the wild after so long of a dry spell

Classic Doctor Strange finally showed up in the North (thanks @Lord_Scareglow) for posting the SKU at AFN!) Now that I've got him, he's cool, I'm happy. I have to say that asides from the articulation, TB's is still the better figure though, imo (wish I kept my old one, especially for that cape!) Still, this is a very nice check off the bucket list, for sure!

On 6/18/2022 at 3:08 PM, Air-Walker said:

Classic Doctor Strange finally showed up in the North (thanks @Lord_Scareglow) for posting the SKU at AFN!) Now that I've got him, he's cool, I'm happy. I have to say that asides from the articulation, TB's is still the better figure though, imo (wish I kept my old one, especially for that cape!) Still, this is a very nice check off the bucket list, for sure!

Glad that helped you out,

I personally really like the figure, nothing I would have changed except the emblem on the chest being a lighter shade, I'm just happy to have a new classic comic strange for the ranks.

Today I completed the Thor L&T wave by finding Jane Thor. Seems like a pretty good likeness 

also, Ragnarok arrived from Target yesterday. I thought the red eyes would be a deal breaker for having this guy sub into my collection as another classic Thor but the red isn’t overly bright and unle ss you place your face against the glass you might not even notice. 

On 6/20/2022 at 3:44 AM, leokearon said:

Managed to get the classic Dr. Strange, along with MOM Mordo and Wong on Holiday. Dr. Strange is great, I don't see what everyone was moaning about.

I thought classic strange was great.  i could've lived without some of the accessories but whatever, and i got over the price long ago.

My haul from the hasbro pulse sale arrived Saturday - retro Torch, clear invisible woman, Lady deathstrike, and classic Dormammu.  Plus a hand ninja that i finally broke down and ordered on amazon (just to see it go on sale on dorkside less than a day later lol).  But anyhow this completes Xemnu and just about finishes Stilt-Man as well (still need prowler arm).  

I don't know about everyone else but the price increases have mostly caused me to focus on getting figures from the past couple of years that i skipped initially, especially if i can find them at a sale price.   of course it helps that the character selection in recent waves hasn't really appealed to me personally all that much.  I did pay full price for the WG exclusives but not much choice if i wanted those characters, so be it. 

On 6/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, bashpics99 said:

I thought classic strange was great.  i could've lived without some of the accessories but whatever, and i got over the price long ago.

He could have done with another fist and weapon holding hand but other than that I happy with the accessories he has.

Targets recent Legends treatment gets a bit odder. For months no Target within 90 miles had any new product. There was no sticker placement, no spot on shelves. The Thor wave started hitting but weeks after the street date still no new product. 

Then today, 1 Target has 6 Groots, another had 6 Ragnarok deluxe sets and half the BoneBreaker wave. 

I grabbed Wolverine as a placeholder for the Astonishing suit which HAS to be one of the next Obligatory Wolverine spots right? I mean surely Hasbro wouldn’t throw the only suit left I really need into something stupid like a Pulse exclusive 3 pack with  a repainted Boom Boom & another legless Cannonball would they?!? WOULD THEY?!?

I was surprised that Vulcan had two figures on pegs. I must have confused the fact that he is the first figure on the new standard body with him having rarity. Also saw Siryn and Sabretooth. Passed on them since I still can’t justify the price hike.

oh also of note, I saw the Thor wave at FYE... FOR $39.99 EACH!!!! Unreal, if Hasbro thinks I’d continue frivolous spending after their $3-$4 price hike FYE is INSANE to think they will get anyone to bite on a $19.00 hike..

On 6/19/2022 at 5:12 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Glad that helped you out,

I personally really like the figure, nothing I would have changed except the emblem on the chest being a lighter shade, I'm just happy to have a new classic comic strange for the ranks.

@Lord_Scareglow Actually, a bit of gold paint on the Eye of Agamotto was all it took for my previous nit-picks to vanish in a puff of smoke, lol. Now I'm happy 🙂