Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Got my first Haul of the year, nothing exciting, but I wasn't to fond of the Legion figure, but he is a new character in the 616, so I was waiting for him to get a price drop, finally he was found cheap, and AOA Cyclops was even cheaper, so I decided might as well just build AOA Colossus.

so Built AOA Colossus today, and got Legion, and a Cyclops figure I don't care about, but I guess it makes it basically a full AOA legends set, with now me only missing Magneto.

Picked up a complete Khonshu BAF, and it is excellent! Best BAF in a long time and as a Moon Knight fan, despite the show, I'm so glad it's spawned more figures and a greater focus on Moon Knight.  

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, FINALLY picked up the Nimrod 3 pack (caught it on sale on Amazon.ca)! This set for me was all about Nimrod, as Phantom dude is a parts donor and Psylocke an ebay sale, lol. I am soooooooooooo happy with Nimrod!!! What funky chunky hunk of pearly plastic he is!! I've wanted a figure of Nimrod since the 80s, and the wait was worth it! 

Saw the retro War Machine for the first time in the wild at FYE. this store tho... hahaha it was on sale for $23.98 marked down from $$44.77 !!!! Ok, I’ll pay your sale price

( I think the sale price is actually less than retro figures usually go for)

as for the figure, I’m really digging the white armor compared to the grey the original had. I’ll keep both, both colors are awesome

Was looking at Target.com to see what new Legends are available and noticed that all Legends say "not available in stores"... my local stores have tons on shelves.. 

Anyone know why their website is displaying this?

Got Spiral!!! Guys....ho-leeee fluff!! I think this is the greatest ML ever made. Great figure buck, perfect face and hair, perfect arm articulation, especially with the forward tilt wrists and she even has a calf swivel hidden under the her leg warmers. Totally insane and easily the crown jewel of my entire ML collection. Hasbro...Ya done good!! (Oh, and that's a Mythic Legions sword she has in her lower left hand; the golden sword she came with is too floppy)IMG_6719.thumb.JPG.672d692c055c71e399200db9531c91a6.JPG

Heads Up Canadians, several online retailers are getting in X-Men Villains Pack, Banshee, Psylocke & Gambit 3 pack, and Blob, and Forge, Storm & Jubilee pack has been out for about a month at select retailers, so likely more of these items will be getting stocked at more places.

I pre-ordered 2 multiple men from Amazon along with spiral and they were just sitting in my queue to ship but I noticed when scrolling he was supposed to be in stock.  So I ordered 3 more just to see what would happen and sure enough they shipped immediately while my other 2 were still awaiting shipment.  WTF Amazon.  I cancelled the 2 I pre-ordered and now have 3 in my hands.  Still waiting on Spiral.   

Found a Retro Beast on my rounds today. I get that this body isn't technically accurate but why did they not include the Perez head with this figure? Hasbro pulled this BS of only releasing the Perez head for the Grey beast in the old 3 3/4 Marvel Universe line. It was $#!+ then and it's $#!+ now. Just paint the f#$%^&$ head blue!!

Blob and Avalanche came in from BBTS, a couple Can of Beams effects later and I'm very satisfied with Avalanche.  Blob is a slam dunk of a figure, very happy I never went in on the original BAF at second market prices.  

Not really that exciting, but turns out Dollaramas here in Canada are getting 3.75 Retro Legends, for 4 bucks, got a ton of them today, Falcon, Mr. Fantastic, Thing, Black Widow, Black Panther and Thor.

guess I'm kinda collecting these figures now, if I keep seeing them for so cheap.

*edit

And then I found some more the next day, Symbiote Suit Spidey and Green Goblin, I'm hoping I keep finding more, since apparently this line is "resting" for a bit.

Hasbro really needs to fix their current distrubution system, It was a heck of a day for orders, I got shipped out Blob, Banshee, Psylocke & Gambit 3 pack, Villains Pack, Black Series Mara Jade, Classified Covergirl & Outback, my credit card company even called me to verify all of these charges happening at once, and had to spend some annoying time on the phone.

The shipping company just gave up trying to bring me these packages and told me to go get them at some pick up location

either way today I "got" Blob, Banshee 3 pack and Villains pack, I gotta go get em though in the next couple days.

and now apparently being released tomorrow is the entire Puff Adder wave, my wallet screamed in horror.

stagger these releases better Hasbro, not only are things expensive, but coming out all at once, thanks!

On 3/10/2023 at 12:11 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hasbro really needs to fix their current distrubution system, It was a heck of a day for orders, I got shipped out Blob, Banshee, Psylocke & Gambit 3 pack, Villains Pack, Black Series Mara Jade, Classified Covergirl & Outback, my credit card company even called me to verify all of these charges happening at once, and had to spend some annoying time on the phone.

The shipping company just gave up trying to bring me these packages and told me to go get them at some pick up location

either way today I "got" Blob, Banshee 3 pack and Villains pack, I gotta go get em though in the next couple days.

and now apparently being released tomorrow is the entire Puff Adder wave, my wallet screamed in horror.

stagger these releases better Hasbro, not only are things expensive, but coming out all at once, thanks!

At least you're getting items shipped.  Amazon hasn't shipped me anything yet this year and that's really on me for using them.  I need to switch back to Hasbro Pulse or another site.   

On 3/10/2023 at 11:11 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah... Hasbro not being able to stick to pre-order dates, even a little bit, is one of the reasons that I've cut WAY back on Hasbro pre-orders. It makes it impossible to do any kind of budgeting. I collect multiple Hasbro lines, too, so shipping stuff that was supposed to arrive in February, March, and April all in December didn't really work for me. I don't know if they just mistakenly assume that everyone is going to be happy to get all of their items "early," or what. Because of that, increasing MSRPs and decreased value for the money, I've taken to mainly pre-ordering exclusive items that I think might not be available at regular price, and maybe one figure from each regular wave. 

On 3/10/2023 at 3:38 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah... Hasbro not being able to stick to pre-order dates, even a little bit, is one of the reasons that I've cut WAY back on Hasbro pre-orders. It makes it impossible to do any kind of budgeting. I collect multiple Hasbro lines, too, so shipping stuff that was supposed to arrive in February, March, and April all in December didn't really work for me. I don't know if they just mistakenly assume that everyone is going to be happy to get all of their items "early," or what. Because of that, increasing MSRPs and decreased value for the money, I've taken to mainly pre-ordering exclusive items that I think might not be available at regular price, and maybe one figure from each regular wave. 

well thanks to Hasbro's radical distribution practice, I just got my credit card ultimately cancelled, because of being flagged for potential fraud and other issues, and in that wake now lost all of my pre-orders involved with that card, Thanks Guys!

really great way to get the monies, now you get none.

spacer.png

On 3/10/2023 at 2:45 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

well thanks to Hasbro's radical distribution practice, I just got my credit card ultimately cancelled, because of being flagged for potential fraud and other issues, and in that wake now lost all of my pre-orders involved with that card, Thanks Guys!

spacer.png

Yikes- that stinks. Sorry to hear that. I would definitely post on Hasbro's social media about it. 

On 3/10/2023 at 3:45 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png

Damn. You couldn't tell you bank that wasn't fraud? Or was it more complicated than that?

On 3/10/2023 at 8:45 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png

That sucks. Hope you can get it sorted

has anyone been seeing any 2023 figures in WM/Target yet?  Mine just have BP wave remnants as well as various D+ wave figures on the pegs. Managed to pick up mcu Classic Loki and Everett Ross for $12.50 each at Target recently.

Best buy having a clearance sale - used it to pick up Okoye and Hatut Z to finish Attuma (my first BAF completion from 2022), and finally got Havok as well!! Was also tempted by Guardsman and mcu Quicksilver as both are under $10.

I already have the BAF Okoye so i guess one of the Okoyes will end up with one of the Dora heads.  Gonna try and make Hatut into White Tiger although i doubt the green necklace from the previous White Tiger female fig will fit, we'll see!