Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 3/10/2023 at 2:45 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

well thanks to Hasbro's radical distribution practice, I just got my credit card ultimately cancelled, because of being flagged for potential fraud and other issues, and in that wake now lost all of my pre-orders involved with that card, Thanks Guys!

really great way to get the monies, now you get none.

spacer.png

Had a similar situation once but luckily my orders didn't get cancelled. I had placed several pre-orders with an etailer, for myself and for some friends, so there were several repeat orders. Of course, everything hit at once so the bank temporarily shut down my card while I was on vacation with the family and I had to jump through a buncha hoops to get it back operational, just to even get gas. That was a fun weekend.

On 3/10/2023 at 4:21 PM, Satam said:

Damn. You couldn't tell you bank that wasn't fraud? Or was it more complicated than that?

yeah they had initially contacted me saying my card was on hold and blocked because too many charges were being made in a short span of time, I needed to authorize that the payments were indeed accurate and being made on my behalf, then the next day they called me and said they had to cancel my card because of apparent fraudulent activity and information being compromised

On 3/11/2023 at 11:07 AM, monron999 said:

Had a similar situation once but luckily my orders didn't get cancelled. I had placed several pre-orders with an etailer, for myself and for some friends, so there were several repeat orders. Of course, everything hit at once so the bank temporarily shut down my card while I was on vacation with the family and I had to jump through a buncha hoops to get it back operational, just to even get gas. That was a fun weekend.

yeah first world problems eh, really terrible for you since you likely needed that card while traveling, always nice it happens when everything is supposed to be fun.

On 3/16/2023 at 1:55 PM, leokearon said:

Managed to get Shriek for a tenner, so now Hasbro need to make Carrion and the Carnage Crew will be complete 

Yeah I'm still waiting for a Carrion, he's such an easy figure for Hasbro to do, bugs me still nothing yet, also add Nightwatch to the list, he was hanging around that story.

On 3/16/2023 at 6:10 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I'm still waiting for a Carrion, he's such an easy figure for Hasbro to do, bugs me still nothing yet, also add Nightwatch to the list, he was hanging around that story.

I couldn't care less for Non-Spawn, but Carrion is a must.

The Puff- Adder Wonder Man arrived for me today.  Delighted that it's exactly as advertised---a very charming figure in-hand.  One thing, the rocket belt flames are TINY and fit in the ports loosely. I'm not going to display mine because they WILL fall out and get lost---they're really small.  Other than that, no complaints, the grin on his face isn't too over the top for me---it's cocky, but in character,

On 3/13/2023 at 2:12 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

And more keeps rolling out

Most of the Puff Adder wave, Strucker, Yelena, Wonder Man, Ult Cap & Molecule Man, weird no Orb yet.

Hasbro really trying to hit those Q1 target profits 😉

somepuffadderstuff.jpg

Are you finding the Avengers stuff in stores or online?

On 3/22/2023 at 5:21 PM, McHogan said:

Are you finding the Avengers stuff in stores or online?

In Store at Gamestop, also pretty available online from tons of e-tailers and Gamestop , but remember I'm in Canada

in Store I've seen this Entire wave or most of several times only at Gamestop though, no other big box stores seem to have the Puff Adder wave yet, but weirdly Gamestop still has not gotten any Orb.

I do have Ultimate Cap and Wonder Man Available if you want them, but missing BAF pieces.

On 3/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

In Store at Gamestop, also pretty available online from tons of e-tailers and Gamestop , but remember I'm in Canada

in Store I've seen this Entire wave or most of several times only at Gamestop though, no other big box stores seem to have the Puff Adder wave yet, but weirdly Gamestop still has not gotten any Orb.

I do have Ultimate Cap and Wonder Man Available if you want them, but missing BAF pieces.

Once again foiled by the Great White North. Seems there was a time when the States got product first.

I appreciate the offer but I am going to try to build Puff Adder as well so I'll need the BAF parts as well. 

On 3/23/2023 at 4:08 PM, McHogan said:

Once again foiled by the Great White North. Seems there was a time when the States got product first.

I appreciate the offer but I am going to try to build Puff Adder as well so I'll need the BAF parts as well. 

Yeah it's always unpredictable with Hasbro's Distribution system, sometimes US has it all first, sometimes UK (well they seem to be leading the way as of recent) and Sometimes It's us In Canada, we do seem to be getting things much faster then the US as of 2023, but the tables could turn at any point.

So I flip flopped on this decision but I picked up the Select Super Skrull. I know he is bigger than standard Legends but hey this is a Skrull... does scale matter? 

I've gotten Select figures to fill holes before, most notably The Watcher, a couple Chitauri soldiers and the Destroyer, and this Skrull will fit in with my Pulse Skrulls, the Super Skrull BAF and the upcoming Legends 2 pack just nicely. 

Anyone else getting the Select Skrull to use with Legends?

Select Super-Skrull arrived today and I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised how good this figure is. 

Compared to the last Select figure I bought, ok well that isn't fair as the last Select figure I got was the Watcher, but before that it was the Destroyer, MCU Dr. Strange and Thor with the spinny hammer effect.

Super-Skrull blows them all away.  Yes, he is larger but he is SUPER Skrull after all. His articulation is miles better than any figure ive experienced by Select. 

Accessories are ok: an extra head (nicely done) a sonic effect (cool idea poorly implemented) and extra hands. 

Normally I get Select figures for the accessories (looking at you Ice Man) but this figure will EASILY fit into your Legends collections 

Il so this will get around to being Marvel Legends related by the end so stick with me. 

I've noticed quite a bit of new Hasbro product on shelves lately, namely Dungeons and Dragons and Indiana Jones. I've picked up Edgin (Chris Pine) from D&D and Marion from Indy and I've got to say the face printing from these two lines is just terrible.

Marvel Legends is miles ahead in this very crucial department. I know there has been some complaints about some figures but we could have it so much worse. Some recent figures that have knocked the likenesses out of the park are D+ Loki Classic, GoTG StarLord, He Who Remains.. just stunning compared to what other lines are giving their fans.

I might be one of the only people that jumped on the classic comic Ronan figure, but that came in early today, and I don't regret it.  It's easily better than any regular figures I've picked up this year and having the proto-Annihilators team from Thanos Imperative is such a great bonus.  Now bring on Icon and a modern costume Quasar to make it really work.