Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

last week I went on a Target toy hunt for the 1st time in a year and hit 4 Targets.  I should have stopped after the 1st, as it had the best selection of the 4.  That Target had most of the Guardians of the Galaxy wave, in multiples. Most of the Ch'od wave was there , minus Cyclops, Corsair, Emma Frost and Fang.  I was really only interested in Corsair.  Not picking anything up that day, I went back to the Target that was best stocked yesterday and found that the missing wave figures had been restocked.  I was able to get the only Corsair there and and came across the Astonishing  Ant-Man and snagged it.  Is it just me or is it due to the windowless packaging, I checked the packaging to make sure the tape hasn't been tampered with and I shake the item to hear that "paper " noise inside. Am I crazy or what???

Got a notice from Pulse at the beginning of the week that Animated Aunt May and Doc Ock were shipping soon and they showed up today, got to be the fastest turn around from Pulse in over a year.  Ock looks great, and I'll take any Aunt May for the collection.  But overall, not an essential set, and I'm not the best at posing, but for the life of me I couldn't get Ock to stand on his tentacles, and I could have sworn that was a big point the team made other than talking up the bendy wire construction.  

Grabbed the new-ish War Machine, the one repainted blue and black on the Modular armor base. He is a solid figure and I'm digging the colors. 

Is he officially a comic armor? Or just a video game skin? I am second guessing since he isn't on Gamerverse packaging

On 6/2/2023 at 9:54 PM, McHogan said:

Is he officially a comic armor? Or just a video game skin? I am second guessing since he isn't on Gamerverse packaging

It's video game only.

Back when Capcom was developing Marvel vs. Capcom in 1997, Iron Man's video game right became tied up due Acclaim's development of the Iron Man/X-O Manowar crossover game. After having to omit the character entirely from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Capcom found a workaround for MvC, which was to simply color-swap Iron Man and call him War Machine. Or that's how the legend goes at least.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:42 PM, ADour said:

It's video game only.

Back when Capcom was developing Marvel vs. Capcom in 1997, Iron Man's video game right became tied up due Acclaim's development of the Iron Man/X-O Manowar crossover game. After having to omit the character entirely from Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Capcom found a workaround for MvC, which was to simply color-swap Iron Man and call him War Machine. Or that's how the legend goes at least.

Thanks for the info. You always go above and beyond and I appreciate the extra info. 

I really only collect  video game figures if they are Avengers so this one applies. The more I've checked him out the more I'm really digging the color scheme. 

My Spider-Man NWH 3 pack arrived today. Super fast processing and shipping. Man would I have loved this set in window packaging. May have even bought two.

EDIT: after opening the figs are all amazing. Tobey's colors are less bright in person. 

Now I'd like to see them tackle Andrew's ASM1 suit.i hated it at the time but I think I need that version next. 

I reiterate the no unmasked heads is a MAJOR bummer but I'm 1000% percent confident we will see those down the road

Also missed opportunity to not have a pointing hand for each version. THAT meme is charming as hell

NWH 3 Pack came in over the weekend.  And it's a fine set, but not much more.  Toby and Andrew look great, but both could use a bit better articulation in the legs, but in vanilla poses they look really nice.  Toby really needs better articulation in the legs especially, the sculpt plus really poor drop downs can't even match the comic Spideys we've gotten.  Andrew fairs better in the articulation department, but for the price they both should have had articulation on par with at least the Retro Spider-Man.  The neck articulation on all three is pretty bad too, Toby and Tom can't hit a believable pose to recreate that scene on the Statue of Liberty, which might be the greatest shame.  Yes, I'm sure we'll see them again, but I doubt the short comings of these sculpts will be addressed.   

Just got this Massive amount of Hasbro product, Hasbro really yet again (shouldn't be surprised by now) with the flood of product, trying to hit that Q2 Target

Skrull 2 pack, Adaptoid, Thor & Destroyer, Monica & Doom, plus D&D Beholder, and 4 of the new Joes, Sheeeesh🥲

song playing in the background "I just died in yer arms tonight (Hasbro), it must have been something you sent"

massivehaul.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all can anyone verify which of the Avengers 60th Anniversary figures / sets are going to brick and morter and which are fan channel? I've been searching fruitlessly for the early releases like 1st App Iron Man and the Adaptoid but I can't find at either type of stores

On 6/24/2023 at 2:25 AM, McHogan said:

Hey all can anyone verify which of the Avengers 60th Anniversary figures / sets are going to brick and morter and which are fan channel? I've been searching fruitlessly for the early releases like 1st App Iron Man and the Adaptoid but I can't find at either type of stores

all fan channel except Bucky cap (Walmart) and Black Widow (Target)

On 6/14/2023 at 2:15 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just got this Massive amount of Hasbro product, Hasbro really yet again (shouldn't be surprised by now) with the flood of product, trying to hit that Q2 Target

Skrull 2 pack, Adaptoid, Thor & Destroyer, Monica & Doom, plus D&D Beholder, and 4 of the new Joes, Sheeeesh🥲

song playing in the background "I just died in yer arms tonight (Hasbro), it must have been something you sent"

massivehaul.jpg

Impressive haul.. soooo much money dropped on that swag. I'll be doing the same once these Avengers sets start getting in stock

The Thor and Monica sets are especially tempting to pay more but I've resisted the urge to pre-order any of these so far.. must ...hold on.. a little.. longer...

Who is the Cobra guy to the far left? Pic cuts out the name.

On 6/26/2023 at 3:03 PM, McHogan said:

Impressive haul.. soooo much money dropped on that swag. I'll be dojming the same once these Avengers sets start getting in stock

The Thor and Monica sets are especially tempting to pay more but I've resisted the urge to pre-order any of these so far.. must ...gold on.. a little.. longer...

Who is the Cobra guy to the far left? Pic cuts out the name.

Yeah I like to try and get everything while I can from Gamestop since I'm an Onyx member (the highest member) and save quite a bit on stuff 15%, so I don't like to miss out on getting figs at that discount, it's the best prices in Canada, and since other people feel the same, and likely get some discounts Gamestop stuff can go quick fast, like minutes, unlike you guys in the US, we rarely see any sales in Canada and it's usually not on any high demand stuff, so the best one can do is leap on a early order.

I've had plenty of figures I took some time on getting, just get completely out of reach, I.E. Professor X, he came he went...poof now I ain't paying the aftermarket price.

yeah the Cobra guy is Copperhead.

I'm very late with this post but......... I am pleased that the saying "patience is a virtue" is quite true.  I have been waiting for a sale on the 60th Anniversary X-Men Villains set and figured that I would have to wait for an Amazon sale, maybe a black Friday sale.  So when Hasbro Pulse had their Power Sale days, I jumped on it and also scored the Squadron Supreme 2 PK for my Avengers collection.  Happy 4th of July to the community!

X-Men Squadron Supreme.jpg