Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, decon said:

Many times the joints are loose.  Recently Mysterio, Sauron, Apocalypse. 

Why do you care who collects MIB or not?

Stow the tude. I guess you're one of those that fits the criteria. As hard as some figs are to find, if someone is buying multiples just to have 2-3 of em, that's wrong imo. I have yet to see a Black Knight on the shelves probably due to people buying 2-3 of him.  after like how many months of  the Mysterio wave being out, I lucked out & found a lone Mysterio (no loose joints) at Wally world 2 weeks ago. Opened him up, sold the LIzard BAF piece & he's on my shelf alongside a bunch of other Spiderman villians. Found Doc Ock at a Gamestop 2 months ago as I have yet to see him on the shelves of Wally world/Target. 

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Stow the tude. I guess you're one of those that fits the criteria. As hard as some figs are to find, if someone is buying multiples just to have 2-3 of em, that's wrong imo. I have yet to see a Black Knight on the shelves probably due to people buying 2-3 of him.  after like how many months of  the Mysterio wave being out, I lucked out & found a lone Mysterio (no loose joints) at Wally world 2 weeks ago. Opened him up, sold the LIzard BAF piece & he's on my shelf alongside a bunch of other Spiderman villians. Found Doc Ock at a Gamestop 2 months ago as I have yet to see him on the shelves of Wally world/Target. 

Mysterio.....green or white?

11 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Stow the tude. I guess you're one of those that fits the criteria. As hard as some figs are to find, if someone is buying multiples just to have 2-3 of em, that's wrong imo. I have yet to see a Black Knight on the shelves probably due to people buying 2-3 of him.

I have 2 Black Knights and 3 of Multiple Man. When there's an extra head I typically buy extras for displaying them with the extra heads. Sometimes I wait until they get down in the $10 - $15 range, sometimes I buy them when they first hit. In the case of Black Knight and Multiple Man I bought them off of HTS where they've been available several times - I'm pretty sure I even posted in this thread when they went up (given that this is supposed to be a sightings & hauls thread).

11 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

...after like how many months of  the Mysterio wave being out, I lucked out & found a lone Mysterio (no loose joints) at Wally world 2 weeks ago. Opened him up, sold the LIzard BAF piece & he's on my shelf alongside a bunch of other Spiderman villians.

So you're one of those people who only buys one or two figures from a wave? Usually the popular ones, right? Meaning anyone who wants to complete the BAF can't because you bought one of the figures and the store won't restock while the rest of the wave is on the pegs. Ok... I'm being intentionally over dramatic here - My point is don't judge other people's collecting habits. If you're upset your local Walmart doesn't have a figure in stock there are usually multiple options to get one online.

PS - If you want to debate "the right way" to collect Marvel Legends feel free to start a separate topic outside of sightings and hauls.

PPS - That all said, if I walked into Target and they only had three of Multiple Man, I wouldn't be a dee eye cee kay and buy all three - I'd probably buy just one there and buy another two online or at other stores.

PPPS - I think I posted here multiple times when Mysterio was available both at HTS and Walmart.

Manger said it well.  For the past year I have been buying complete cases from Dorksidetoys or EE. 

Now Let’s get back to sightings!

Went to few Targets and one WM several times in the past week...didn’t see any new ML stuff.  One Target actually had all 3 of the 3.75” two packs and bunch of the Black Panther 6” two packs   Got them with the Target $25 off and $10 off  coupons that expired yesterday  

On another note, WM has actually stocked DC Aquaman movie figs again  

20 hours ago, Mangar said:

I have 2 Black Knights and 3 of Multiple Man. When there's an extra head I typically buy extras for displaying them with the extra heads. Sometimes I wait until they get down in the $10 - $15 range, sometimes I buy them when they first hit. In the case of Black Knight and Multiple Man I bought them off of HTS where they've been available several times - I'm pretty sure I even posted in this thread when they went up (given that this is supposed to be a sightings & hauls thread).

So you're one of those people who only buys one or two figures from a wave? Usually the popular ones, right? Meaning anyone who wants to complete the BAF can't because you bought one of the figures and the store won't restock while the rest of the wave is on the pegs. Ok... I'm being intentionally over dramatic here - My point is don't judge other people's collecting habits. If you're upset your local Walmart doesn't have a figure in stock there are usually multiple options to get one online.

PS - If you want to debate "the right way" to collect Marvel Legends feel free to start a separate topic outside of sightings and hauls.

PPS - That all said, if I walked into Target and they only had three of Multiple Man, I wouldn't be a dee eye cee kay and buy all three - I'd probably buy just one there and buy another two online or at other stores.

PPPS - I think I posted here multiple times when Mysterio was available both at HTS and Walmart.

I didn't care for the Lizard BAF nor the umpteenth different Spiderman versions in that wave. I only wanted Mysterio & I sold off the Lizard BAF leg that very night to someone that did wanna build him. Nothing about "popular" ones. I'm a classic comic fan & only buy comic based figs, not the MCU or flavor of the month figs. I finally found Mysterio for under $20 at Walmart after 6 months. I wasn't gonna pay $30+ for him online prior to that.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:40 PM, Malocchio said:

Who and where? It would be very helpful for those looking to have actual evidence, not just random alleged findings.

Yeah ended up getting Thanos on Ebay brand new for $24.99. Not a bad deal imo considering this was $20.00 in store with taxes.

My Walmart used to show 3 in stock and now it says 1 but there is nothing in store.

Edited by americamgl
Missed Thanos

Finally broke down and got a Venom off Amazon completing the Monster Venom BAF, impressive BAF, wouldn't have minded a slightly more monstrous Venom, but it is very eye catching as is.

Also if anyone still needs one of the Venoms and waited like me, it's around $18 on Amazon right now. 

50 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

I'll wait till hopefully Hasbro does an actual comic based Thanos figure in the 6'5-7 inch scale. Can't get into the MCU based look. The MS Thanos is the look I wanted but their line is 7' scale & their large characters are 9' scale.

Thanos statue classic version.jpg

Modern MS Thanos is actually the same height as ML Thanos. I don't think ML will ever make a smaller one, so...I'm targeting MS