Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Stopped by two Walmarts, Target, GameStop, and a Tuesday Morning store and found most of the Captain Marvel wave at one Walmart, nothing at the other Walmart or Target, the Dora Milaje at GameStop, and nothing at Tuesday Morning.

49344579_2267906263485793_9018622635092738048_n.thumb.jpg.47b5e036e658dc4c3b2d040c33449b2f.jpg49142231_307109796678178_8594264249746849792_n.thumb.jpg.7a09345ae4636fa45ec0056f75bb08f9.jpg49165596_824398934557787_9013565714828623872_n.thumb.jpg.cd4d18ae6b9a3db6b8783bf3c6b498c1.jpg

43 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Kingpin has arrived! This marks the first time I’ve bought an extra wave in order to open and build the BAF, since the ToyBiz day’s.

73362DCD-F3F5-4CBE-A0D1-53DC7A24AAC2.jpeg

Nice score! I can't wait for Night Thrasher personally.

20 hours ago, joenubb said:

Nice score! I can't wait for Night Thrasher personally.

Yeah Trasher is the bread winner for me for this wave, been wanting a Legend of him for quite a while. Second is Puma as classic villains (especially Spidey villains) are what I live for. 6-Armed Spidey was close to being my #2 pick of the wave as I LOVED the original ToyBiz figure as a kid lol.

8 hours ago, decon said:

Looks like 3 cases $500 right there lol.  Action figures are expensive these days. 

Yeah my credit card takes a beating after Spidey and X-Men waves come out lol. To think of it, my credit card is always taking a beating as of late cause between all the figure lines, there’s just awesome stuff dropping left and right! 

The 4th case in the box is for a buddy who gave me the money to preorder it for him as I’m slowly converting him from a retail hunter into a EE customer lol. 

On 1/4/2019 at 2:16 PM, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Yeah my credit card takes a beating after Spidey and X-Men waves come out lol. To think of it, my credit card is always taking a beating as of late cause between all the figure lines, there’s just awesome stuff dropping left and right! 

The 4th case in the box is for a buddy who gave me the money to preorder it for him as I’m slowly converting him from a retail hunter into a EE customer lol. 

Lol. I think it was you who converted me last year. I was just thinking yesterday about how lazy I've gotten when I actually saw the Apocalypse wave for the first time at my local Walmart. I also buy an extra set when I find any particular one to be especially exceptional, but dayam it's gotta be expensive to be an MIB collector when you need that extra special BAF. Hopefully you won't run into that problem wit the Caliban wave.

17 hours ago, monron999 said:

Lol. I think it was you who converted me last year. I was just thinking yesterday about how lazy I've gotten when I actually saw the Apocalypse wave for the first time at my local Walmart. I also buy an extra set when I find any particular one to be especially exceptional, but dayam it's gotta be expensive to be an MIB collector when you need that extra special BAF. Hopefully you won't run into that problem wit the Caliban wave.

Ha! It ain’t being lazy my good man, it’s shopping smart lol! 

Yeah it can be a pain being a MIMB/MOMC collector when there are extra figures you have to buy because you want to open them but luckily, that’s not that big of a problem for me with Legends. The only real Legends I buy extras to open are Spidey rogues/villains and the occasional X-Men themed character.

I had to buy an extra wave to build that big and beautiful Kingpin and I will be building Monster Venom soon (those two BAFs will be the first BAFs I’ve built since ToyBiz). I would’ve built a Rhino and Juggernaut but I much more prefer the size, weight, paint and sculpt of my Marvel Select versions. I may or may not decide to build Lizard. Don’t get me wrong, I think the BAF is great but for some reason, I still really like my Marvel Select Lizard. I know I’m probably like one of 9 people that love the Select Lizard but idk, there’s just something simplistic yet engaging about it for me.

I do get extra Deadpool’s to open as well cause I’m stupid like that lol. Beyond themed figures, I will buy extra of a fig if I have an attachment to the character, like Punisher, Angela, Crossbones, all F4 characters, Majik and the upcoming Blink, etc to name a few. 

Luckily, I won’t run into a problem with the Caliban wave as I definitely don’t need that as a BAF. BAF choice aside, I fully expect that wave to be the downright best wave of the year as the character selection is nothing short of rock-solid imo.

However, what I don’t buy in the form of extra Legends to open, I more than make up for with the extra Neca and McFarlane figures (to name a couple) that I buy duplicates of to open lol.

P.S. Circling back to Punisher for a second, great job on that Jigsaw post you made as the topic turned me into raving 8 year old when I wrote my response. Thanks a lot...lol

1 hour ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Luckily, I won’t run into a problem with the Caliban wave as I definitely don’t need that as a BAF. BAF choice aside, I fully expect that wave to be the downright best wave of the year as the character selection is nothing short of rock-solid imo.

I totally agree, that X-Men wave is far and away the best X-Wave ever. Certainly better than that so called "strongest wave to date" they put out last year with a Gladiator retread that wasn't ever really that good to begin with and those weird and short lived era versions of Storm and Magneto. It is a total party wrecker that they capped it off with one of the most terribly unnecessary, totally unrequested, totally odd and irrelevant characters in Marvel history as the BAF. But ehhh....as some have said, it probably never woulda been made otherwise. I've never been one to shy away from the more obscure ilk, but he's just such a poor and bland and uninspired design and to be honest I still don't know what the hell his powers are. As far as I can tell he can sense mutants within a certain proximity to himself and then he can track them down and instill fear into them and then he can siphon off that fear into his own body to increase his strength to a maximum capacity of (drum roll, please) 10 tons. Oh, and he has nails to scratch with and fangs to uhhhhh, bite or scare with? I guess. I know it's been pointed out over and again that his powers were boosted a little while he served as one of Apocalypse's horsemen (but again, what the hell exactly were they), but this is not that version of him. I'll buy him. I'll build him. I'll display him. Who knows, maybe he'll even strike a little fear in my heart that I might like him more than I want to.

Now I know some of you guys are gonna call me out as just being sour cuz we still haven't got a Strong Guy yet, but that's only cuz it's true, but all kidding aside, wouldn't Nimrod or even Rockslide, for that matter, have been a better choice? They're both a little obscure but have been more significant than Caliban ever was and probably ever will be.

And just as a personal opinion, good call on deciding to build out Monster Venom. It too was one that I really liked a lot more than I expected once I had it in hand. Not really missing much with Rhino & Lizzy.

I love the look of the Caliban BAF. He was one of my favorite X-villain toys back in the pre-Legends Toy Biz days. You didn't get many villain teams in those days, so the beefier villains like Caliban, Nimrod, Nemesis, Commando, etc really made a difference.

That said, I'm certainly on board for a new Nimrod too. (They can miss me with Rockslide, though)

On 1/8/2019 at 11:52 AM, mars396 said:

Thanos is back in stock at the Disney Store ! ! ! ! 

https://www.shopdisney.com/thanos-action-figure-by-marvel-select-7-1473612

Thanks for this.  Been looking for this figure forever and I almost dropped $50 on it on Amazon a few days ago.  Found my free shipping coupon they gave me in store and got it for $27 shipped instead.  

Kingpin wave came in on Friday, overall not a bad wave, I think 2018 spoiled a lot of people, myself included.  But it's not the weakest wave of Spider-Man related figures, still think that goes to the Space Knight Venom wave.  Kingpin is definitely worth it, and Red Goblin is for me a show stealer.  No getting around the disappointment of Six Arm Spidey though.