aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

17 hours ago, monron999 said:

Lol. I think it was you who converted me last year. I was just thinking yesterday about how lazy I've gotten when I actually saw the Apocalypse wave for the first time at my local Walmart. I also buy an extra set when I find any particular one to be especially exceptional, but dayam it's gotta be expensive to be an MIB collector when you need that extra special BAF. Hopefully you won't run into that problem wit the Caliban wave.

Ha! It ain’t being lazy my good man, it’s shopping smart lol! 

Yeah it can be a pain being a MIMB/MOMC collector when there are extra figures you have to buy because you want to open them but luckily, that’s not that big of a problem for me with Legends. The only real Legends I buy extras to open are Spidey rogues/villains and the occasional X-Men themed character.

I had to buy an extra wave to build that big and beautiful Kingpin and I will be building Monster Venom soon (those two BAFs will be the first BAFs I’ve built since ToyBiz). I would’ve built a Rhino and Juggernaut but I much more prefer the size, weight, paint and sculpt of my Marvel Select versions. I may or may not decide to build Lizard. Don’t get me wrong, I think the BAF is great but for some reason, I still really like my Marvel Select Lizard. I know I’m probably like one of 9 people that love the Select Lizard but idk, there’s just something simplistic yet engaging about it for me.

I do get extra Deadpool’s to open as well cause I’m stupid like that lol. Beyond themed figures, I will buy extra of a fig if I have an attachment to the character, like Punisher, Angela, Crossbones, all F4 characters, Majik and the upcoming Blink, etc to name a few. 

Luckily, I won’t run into a problem with the Caliban wave as I definitely don’t need that as a BAF. BAF choice aside, I fully expect that wave to be the downright best wave of the year as the character selection is nothing short of rock-solid imo.

However, what I don’t buy in the form of extra Legends to open, I more than make up for with the extra Neca and McFarlane figures (to name a couple) that I buy duplicates of to open lol.

P.S. Circling back to Punisher for a second, great job on that Jigsaw post you made as the topic turned me into raving 8 year old when I wrote my response. Thanks a lot...lol

1 hour ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Luckily, I won’t run into a problem with the Caliban wave as I definitely don’t need that as a BAF. BAF choice aside, I fully expect that wave to be the downright best wave of the year as the character selection is nothing short of rock-solid imo.

I totally agree, that X-Men wave is far and away the best X-Wave ever. Certainly better than that so called "strongest wave to date" they put out last year with a Gladiator retread that wasn't ever really that good to begin with and those weird and short lived era versions of Storm and Magneto. It is a total party wrecker that they capped it off with one of the most terribly unnecessary, totally unrequested, totally odd and irrelevant characters in Marvel history as the BAF. But ehhh....as some have said, it probably never woulda been made otherwise. I've never been one to shy away from the more obscure ilk, but he's just such a poor and bland and uninspired design and to be honest I still don't know what the hell his powers are. As far as I can tell he can sense mutants within a certain proximity to himself and then he can track them down and instill fear into them and then he can siphon off that fear into his own body to increase his strength to a maximum capacity of (drum roll, please) 10 tons. Oh, and he has nails to scratch with and fangs to uhhhhh, bite or scare with? I guess. I know it's been pointed out over and again that his powers were boosted a little while he served as one of Apocalypse's horsemen (but again, what the hell exactly were they), but this is not that version of him. I'll buy him. I'll build him. I'll display him. Who knows, maybe he'll even strike a little fear in my heart that I might like him more than I want to.

Now I know some of you guys are gonna call me out as just being sour cuz we still haven't got a Strong Guy yet, but that's only cuz it's true, but all kidding aside, wouldn't Nimrod or even Rockslide, for that matter, have been a better choice? They're both a little obscure but have been more significant than Caliban ever was and probably ever will be.

And just as a personal opinion, good call on deciding to build out Monster Venom. It too was one that I really liked a lot more than I expected once I had it in hand. Not really missing much with Rhino & Lizzy.

I love the look of the Caliban BAF. He was one of my favorite X-villain toys back in the pre-Legends Toy Biz days. You didn't get many villain teams in those days, so the beefier villains like Caliban, Nimrod, Nemesis, Commando, etc really made a difference.

That said, I'm certainly on board for a new Nimrod too. (They can miss me with Rockslide, though)

Thanos is back in stock at the Disney Store ! ! ! ! 

https://www.shopdisney.com/thanos-action-figure-by-marvel-select-7-1473612

I picked up the Black Panther M'Baku wave today at a local GameStop.  They have a current promotion going on that, if you buy a bag for $5, you get 25% off anything you can fit into it.  So, that took away some of the sting of their typical $22.99 sticker price.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:52 AM, mars396 said:

Thanos is back in stock at the Disney Store ! ! ! ! 

https://www.shopdisney.com/thanos-action-figure-by-marvel-select-7-1473612

Thanks for this.  Been looking for this figure forever and I almost dropped $50 on it on Amazon a few days ago.  Found my free shipping coupon they gave me in store and got it for $27 shipped instead.  

19 minutes ago, Darkman20xx said:

Thanks for this.  Been looking for this figure forever and I almost dropped $50 on it on Amazon a few days ago.  Found my free shipping coupon they gave me in store and got it for $27 shipped instead.  

mine shipped today; go glad I didn't go to eBay for this awesome figure.

Kingpin wave came in on Friday, overall not a bad wave, I think 2018 spoiled a lot of people, myself included.  But it's not the weakest wave of Spider-Man related figures, still think that goes to the Space Knight Venom wave.  Kingpin is definitely worth it, and Red Goblin is for me a show stealer.  No getting around the disappointment of Six Arm Spidey though.  

On 1/8/2019 at 12:31 AM, monron999 said:

I totally agree, that X-Men wave is far and away the best X-Wave ever. Certainly better than that so called "strongest wave to date" they put out last year with a Gladiator retread that wasn't ever really that good to begin with and those weird and short lived era versions of Storm and Magneto. It is a total party wrecker that they capped it off with one of the most terribly unnecessary, totally unrequested, totally odd and irrelevant characters in Marvel history as the BAF. But ehhh....as some have said, it probably never woulda been made otherwise. I've never been one to shy away from the more obscure ilk, but he's just such a poor and bland and uninspired design and to be honest I still don't know what the hell his powers are. As far as I can tell he can sense mutants within a certain proximity to himself and then he can track them down and instill fear into them and then he can siphon off that fear into his own body to increase his strength to a maximum capacity of (drum roll, please) 10 tons. Oh, and he has nails to scratch with and fangs to uhhhhh, bite or scare with? I guess. I know it's been pointed out over and again that his powers were boosted a little while he served as one of Apocalypse's horsemen (but again, what the hell exactly were they), but this is not that version of him. I'll buy him. I'll build him. I'll display him. Who knows, maybe he'll even strike a little fear in my heart that I might like him more than I want to.

Now I know some of you guys are gonna call me out as just being sour cuz we still haven't got a Strong Guy yet, but that's only cuz it's true, but all kidding aside, wouldn't Nimrod or even Rockslide, for that matter, have been a better choice? They're both a little obscure but have been more significant than Caliban ever was and probably ever will be.

And just as a personal opinion, good call on deciding to build out Monster Venom. It too was one that I really liked a lot more than I expected once I had it in hand. Not really missing much with Rhino & Lizzy.

Agreed. Additionally, if the rumored X-Force Wave actually comes out this year AND if it’s a full 90s roster (as it should be), then I legitimately think Strong Guy might make his debut.

3 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Kingpin wave came in on Friday, overall not a bad wave, I think 2018 spoiled a lot of people, myself included.  But it's not the weakest wave of Spider-Man related figures, still think that goes to the Space Knight Venom wave.  Kingpin is definitely worth it, and Red Goblin is for me a show stealer.  No getting around the disappointment of Six Arm Spidey though.  

Agreed. It may not be the weakest Spidey Wave to date but for me, it’s definitely up there. Night Thrasher, Puma and Six-Armed Spidey is what pulled the wave out of the gutter for me. I have no attachment to Red Goblin at all as I had no idea who/what he was (i stopped reading Modern Marvel comics sans a very select few titles) prior to seeing the figure debut but I don’t need to know who he is either because I’m an action figure collector first and foremost and the figure looks cool enough/fine enough on its own merits for me to like it.

Everyone is so sour over the 6-Armed Spidey (I wholeheartedly understand it could have been better) but the figure that sours my apples the most is Sable, simply because she is not in her classic attire. How many YEARS have we waited to get a Sable and they don’t release her in classic form? It maddens me to no end.

As far as the 6-Armed Spidey goes, I’m just happy to have him and getting an update to a 90s ToyBiz Figure that I played with to oblivion and back as a child, really tickles my fancy. For me, I’d simply rather have the 6-Armed Spidey we got, then not have one at all. I am certainly no hasbro aplogist but this Spidey gets an easy pass from me, strictly due to nostalgia and sentimentalism.

Beyond that, I am capable of looking at the picture as a whole and to that end, we received over 130 individual Legends figures last year alone. I would have to double check my inventory but I think the final number for 2018 was 137, figures including BAFs and repaints. Point being, out of THAT many figures, how many were truly terrible action figures and/or had awful articulation schemes? 6-Armed Spidey will no doubt be a part of another year (2019) with a 100 or more Legends releases in it so, speaking for myself only of course, a couple subpar figures out of that many releases surely isn’t going to ruin my day lol.

Sorry, no matter how hard I sometimes try, I often wind up ranting on like a lunatic anyways.

Why won't Marvelous news let us start location based sightings? What y'all have in Miami and Los Angeles does me no good. And what I find in Chicago, does most of you no good. I need to know which stores in chicagoland have a Dora Milaje. I can google the internet options. Location based sightings makes soooooooo much more sense!

7 minutes ago, fleskz said:

Why won't Marvelous news let us start location based sightings? What y'all have in Miami and Los Angeles does me no good. And what I find in Chicago, does most of you no good. I need to know which stores in chicagoland have a Dora Milaje. I can google the internet options. Location based sightings makes soooooooo much more sense!

cause like I said it doesn't matter where you live, there is no need to make threads for every region. If you can't find info that is useful for you in this thread, then search online for group and stuff that give you info.

I don't know. look online. I'm sure there is a Facebook group or something. All I'm asking is that you not create a sighting thread just because you live in a certain region. 

As a person who live in a small town in Ireland I rarely if ever use this thread as it never applies for me. But I wouldn't make a thread just to give info on Legends I found in my town or country (as non existence legends is outside comics stores are). 

I use this thread to see if there is any good Etailer deals and to see if something has been released.

6 hours ago, tarot said:

I use this thread to see if there is any good Etailer deals and to see if something has been released.

That's pretty much the reason i use this thread. Basically, I see if anyone has found such and such figure at retail, if so, I know its time to hit the bricks and go hunting for it. Or, if someone spots something on one of the etailer sites, I can hit there.

19 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Agreed. It may not be the weakest Spidey Wave to date but for me, it’s definitely up there. Night Thrasher, Puma and Six-Armed Spidey is what pulled the wave out of the gutter for me. I have no attachment to Red Goblin at all as I had no idea who/what he was (i stopped reading Modern Marvel comics sans a very select few titles) prior to seeing the figure debut but I don’t need to know who he is either because I’m an action figure collector first and foremost and the figure looks cool enough/fine enough on its own merits for me to like it.

Everyone is so sour over the 6-Armed Spidey (I wholeheartedly understand it could have been better) but the figure that sours my apples the most is Sable, simply because she is not in her classic attire. How many YEARS have we waited to get a Sable and they don’t release her in classic form? It maddens me to no end.

As far as the 6-Armed Spidey goes, I’m just happy to have him and getting an update to a 90s ToyBiz Figure that I played with to oblivion and back as a child, really tickles my fancy. For me, I’d simply rather have the 6-Armed Spidey we got, then not have one at all. I am certainly no hasbro aplogist but this Spidey gets an easy pass from me, strictly due to nostalgia and sentimentalism.

Beyond that, I am capable of looking at the picture as a whole and to that end, we received over 130 individual Legends figures last year alone. I would have to double check my inventory but I think the final number for 2018 was 137, figures including BAFs and repaints. Point being, out of THAT many figures, how many were truly terrible action figures and/or had awful articulation schemes? 6-Armed Spidey will no doubt be a part of another year (2019) with a 100 or more Legends releases in it so, speaking for myself only of course, a couple subpar figures out of that many releases surely isn’t going to ruin my day lol.

Sorry, no matter how hard I sometimes try, I often wind up ranting on like a lunatic anyways.

Definitely agree.  And as a major Spider-Man fan, I'm glad to at least have a Six Armed Spidey in my collection, it just doesn't quite hit the mark.  For me Black Cat's modern figure was my biggest disappointment.  And while, I'd have liked a more 90s Silver Sable, I'm willing to live with the one we've got for the same reason as Six Armed Spidey, we might never see another attempt again, and those are slots in my Spider-Man collection I'm glad to see filled.  

6 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Definitely agree.  And as a major Spider-Man fan, I'm glad to at least have a Six Armed Spidey in my collection, it just doesn't quite hit the mark.  For me Black Cat's modern figure was my biggest disappointment.  And while, I'd have liked a more 90s Silver Sable, I'm willing to live with the one we've got for the same reason as Six Armed Spidey, we might never see another attempt again, and those are slots in my Spider-Man collection I'm glad to see filled.  

Ya, I kept trying to convince myself that the 6 arm Spidey would be much better in hand but man was I wrong. It's actually a lot worse. Seriously, that's about the most mailed in figure I've seen from Hasbro since Eel or Secret Whatever-The-Hell Captain America. I know it's just a gimme that they had to do another Spidey for the wave and this really looks like a rushed to production effort. It looks like they just figured that particular movie based figure would never be used again so the just altered it and used the standard already produced arm sculpts with minor added details. With that they created a totally iconic and unique version of the main character at minimal cost. That being said, it leaves one wondering what's the hold up on an updated Big Time Spidey? It's gotta be coming sometime soon, right? It's only a matter of an existing sculpt with new paint apps. It doesn't even have to be the same color. I'm sure we'd all be fine with red or blue at this point. Whatever, I got it. It's different and it won't be the first figure to find permanent residence in my storage bin. SpideyX6, meet Toxin and about 50 different versions of MCU Star Lord. Like most, the new toned down Black Cat mad me sad and was completely unecessary. As far as Sable, she has been interpreted about 100 different ways in 100 different issues so the specifics of a particular look don't really bother me. There's no mistaking who she is and that bitchy head sculpt is spot on. My favorite after KP and NT.