aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

Found the Kingpin wave minus Red Goblin and Symbiote Spider-Man at a GameStop in Tampa, FL just now. Apparently they are all receiving them today.

20 hours ago, monron999 said:

Ya, I kept trying to convince myself that the 6 arm Spidey would be much better in hand but man was I wrong. It's actually a lot worse. Seriously, that's about the most mailed in figure I've seen from Hasbro since Eel or Secret Whatever-The-Hell Captain America. I know it's just a gimme that they had to do another Spidey for the wave and this really looks like a rushed to production effort. It looks like they just figured that particular movie based figure would never be used again so the just altered it and used the standard already produced arm sculpts with minor added details. With that they created a totally iconic and unique version of the main character at minimal cost. That being said, it leaves one wondering what's the hold up on an updated Big Time Spidey? It's gotta be coming sometime soon, right? It's only a matter of an existing sculpt with new paint apps. It doesn't even have to be the same color. I'm sure we'd all be fine with red or blue at this point. Whatever, I got it. It's different and it won't be the first figure to find permanent residence in my storage bin. SpideyX6, meet Toxin and about 50 different versions of MCU Star Lord. Like most, the new toned down Black Cat mad me sad and was completely unecessary. As far as Sable, she has been interpreted about 100 different ways in 100 different issues so the specifics of a particular look don't really bother me. There's no mistaking who she is and that bitchy head sculpt is spot on. My favorite after KP and NT.

Yeah, there's not much to praise about Six Arm Spidey.  But, if we've got to get every Spidey I guess it will do, just barely.  It could have been done so much better though.  I'd like them to re-do Big Time, Pizza Spidey mold of course, and I'd be fine to see all three color versions, green, blue, and red.  I'm pretty much fine with Sable as is, I was a little rough equating her with Six Arm Spidey.  She's at least a figure that fills a spot and is good for what she needs to be.  I'd also put her at number three, behind Red Goblin and Kingpin in my case.    

Picked up Silver Sable at GameStop yesterday. Got Captain Marvel at Wal-Mart and saw Red Skull/Hydra Agent for $13 for those who want to army build. Also Kilmonger/ Ross 2 pack is now $11.98 at my local Target. Im in GA

Lastly, free shipping from disney store today only if anyone is still trying to get DS Thanos. Code is FREESHIP

I went to ross’s trying to see if I could find a Hulk I have been seeing people posting on Instagram. No luck on the Hulk but ended up finding a Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 Star Lord for $2.99. Also, I stopped in a Walgreens and finally found a Captain Marvel. 

Captain Marvel wave hit big in my area (NW Texas). Caught me off guard so everything was picked over by the time I found out. Fury and jacket Danvers are already warming the pegs. I managed to find a Gargoyle someone had tried to stash (rookie) though. The MCU Captain Marvel actually looks pretty good sculpt wise but every single one I saw had massive sloppy paint flaws. Maybe they'll be better on the 2nd go round. The Sentry BAF (my friend's) looks just as wonky in hand as it did in promo picks. He's selling it on ebay. By far the worst wave since Doctor Strange. They keep giving us waves like this it's gonna be an easy year on my wallet for ML.

No sign of BP2 though. If it as bad as the Captain Marvel wave it's gonna be an easy pass. I'll probably spend most of my money army building the Dora Milaje.

Having checked nearly every store in my area, the only Captain Marvel wave figure I've been able to find so far is a single Grey Gargoyle some . . . sweet-heart had swiped the build-a-figure piece from.

Seriously, between the general incompetence of the average Arkansas Big-Box store, scalpers, and punk-@$$ed thieves, its a wonder I ever find any action figures at all . . . or even try.

10 hours ago, mako said:

Having checked nearly every store in my area, the only Captain Marvel wave figure I've been able to find so far is a single Grey Gargoyle some . . . sweet-heart had swiped the build-a-figure piece from.

Seriously, between the general incompetence of the average Arkansas Big-Box store, scalpers, and punk-@$$ed thieves, its a wonder I ever find any action figures at all . . . or even try.

Unfortunately I think I'm just about to send you over the edge, my friend. Just in time to elevate your state of general frustration, I ran across this beauty just minutes ago.

And so it begins. People, if you can't afford your habit and this is what you have to do to support your hobby, do us all a favor and quit this hobby. Or die. Either way, I keeps me from having to see this crap every time I walk the to isle. You're a douche.

20190119_124747.jpg

On 1/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, monron999 said:

Unfortunately I think I'm just about to send you over the edge, my friend. Just in time to elevate your state of general frustration, I ran across this beauty just minutes ago.

And so it begins. People, if you can't afford your habit and this is what you have to do to support your hobby, do us all a favor and quit this hobby. Or die. Either way, I keeps me from having to see this crap every time I walk the to isle. You're a douche.

20190119_124747.jpg

Yeah, I know. I happened upon a Genis-Vell and a Modern Black Cat figure with the BAF pieces switched out for assorted junk this afternoon at Target.

I don't get how someone can do that. I couldn't enjoy something I stole. If I don't earn it, or it isn't given to me honestly, I don't want it.

I feel your pain -- i've resorted to (most of the time) buying mine over amazon or big bad toys.  I usually find them on amazon for the same price as in store and since i have prime i dont pay extra for shipping (apart from the 12 bucks a month that prime costs) -- hope you have better luck.

Hasbro REALLY needs to change the packaging design to something that's not so easy to tamper with and return. It has become a huge problem with Legends. The only new figs I've seen in Chicago recently are a single Grey Gargoyle and a 6-armed Spidey at my nearest Target. I agree about Amazon- I just hate that I can't check out the paint jobs first.

Yeah amazon doesn’t ship figures in good condition sometimes to me. Most of the boxes are always crushed and target and Walmart’s near me don’t have new waves yet

Amazon is really bad with their boxes. Today I got Star Wars Archive in bubble mailer!  Totally crushed. 

Is there a thread that discusses trading in depth? There's currently one questionable (in my opinion) thread on the Buy-Sell-Trade forum.

I'm sorry to iterate topics that I'm positive have previously been discussed at great length, but I'm very new to this forum. I know we're all sick of scalpers and the lack of variety in selection or the lack of current waves in most of our local brick-and-mortar retailers.

I've posted elsewhere in another thread that I'm totally open to mailing any figures that my local retailers have in abundance to those who cannot find them. I propose that this service is executed at cost, with the only additional expense to the recipient being the shipping cost.

Has this practice ever been attempted by any members of this forum? Obviously there's the inherent potential of scammers being among us as well. I myself being new (and therefore not yet having had the opportunity to be burned) am very willing to attempt this with anyone who wants to give it a shot.

I'm hoping I'm not violating any forum soliciting rules, or repeating a notion that has been presented and spectacularly failed.

Contrarily, if this practice is already in effect to some degree of success, could anyone point me to the appropriate thread?

Thanks!

I don't  post here often matter of fact it has been a few years, but I wanted to chime in on the the above post about helping each other out. I have tried to do this before on other sites and come to find out some want you to buy the figure and not want to pay shipping. I mean that i have gotten the figures before and when i calculate the shipping it is more than they want to pay. So you either pay the extra yourself or you have to go though the trouble of returning it, with that said I have had many great deals on this site and others but get bummed but the bad ones. I enjoy helping those who can't find what they want, especially if I can easily get it around me.  

14 hours ago, robb said:

I don't  post here often matter of fact it has been a few years, but I wanted to chime in on the the above post about helping each other out. I have tried to do this before on other sites and come to find out some want you to buy the figure and not want to pay shipping. I mean that i have gotten the figures before and when i calculate the shipping it is more than they want to pay. So you either pay the extra yourself or you have to go though the trouble of returning it, with that said I have had many great deals on this site and others but get bummed but the bad ones. I enjoy helping those who can't find what they want, especially if I can easily get it around me.  

Robb, with your experience can you think of any ways to make this system more reliable for anyone who wants to participate? The only concerns that have come to mind for me are recipients unwilling to pay (as you mentioned) or senders collecting money but never shipping the figure. I suppose that makes accountability my main concern with this proposed process.

The biggest thing on the forums is trust, 99.9% of the time you will have good buys/sales/trades but you will always get that 1 that does not work out. It will leave a bad taste in your mouth.When exchanging money the best route is paypal. If a problem happens they can try and help. Overall the toy community is a good bunch to deal with because they have the same concerns as we do. The feedback section can help make good choices, but not everyone posts there. If you want to proceed just work out all the details with the person before sending. There are rules that everyone are supposed to follow when trading/selling/buying. I suggest to give it a try and see how it works for you.

Hi there,

I was looking for cheap Marvel Legend doubles on Aliexpress and found this :
Personnalis-6-Stan-Lee-Action-Figure-Hea

The original link is here : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Personnalis-6-Stan-Lee-Action-Figure-Head-Lunettes-Body-Base-1-12-1-12-Moedl-Poup/32954277905.html?spm=a2g0w.search0204.3.31.7dc110330Ooja0&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_5_10065_10068_319_10892_317_10696_453_10084_454_10083_433_10618_431_10304_10307_10820_10821_537_10302_536_10902_10843_10059_10884_10887_321_322_10103%2Csearchweb201603_6%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=62644758-4b23-4851-b160-55716d780e37&algo_expid=62644758-4b23-4851-b160-55716d780e37-4

That figure looks good but it has hinged hips
It re-uses the body of McFarlane Stranger Things Mike.

I edited my message because I found details later.
So this is not a Marvel legends, sorry.

Edited by Innershade
I forgot details!

Well, after a couple days of picking through what meager offerings have trickled into my area stores, I managed to find the entire Captain Marvel series with the exception of Nick Fury, who I broke down and ordered off Amazon this afternoon. Not a bad week all things considered.

Still haven't seen any Spider-Man, but I'm sure they'll turn up.

Picked up Klaue from Amazon, definitely my most wanted figure from the M'Baku wave.