Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

I still haven't seen the Onslaught Series anywhere, although my local Wally-World has them listed on the new plan-o-grams.

I did break down and finally ordered a Classic Cap off Amazon, but that was mostly just to score the free shipping on a $19 Batmobile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up Storm and Magneto from a toy show over the weekend to complete Jubilee and expand my X-verse. Paid $110 for the 2....which I consider a win sadly lol

The prices for that wave is crazy, the reason I'll probably never have it, but those are good prices.

I recently got carnage, black cat and beetle from

BBTS to finish my green goblin and antman and bulldozer to finish ultron.

Looks like Walgreens is going to be my go to spot for figures. Walmart and target by me are loaded with Odin and thanos figures. I've gotten war machine, dr strange, blizzard and Valkyrie from Walgreens in the past week

I saw a mocking bird and whirlwind at a shopko by me, but my wife wouldn't let me buy them.

My local target has lots of absorbing man spidey figures, and they have spots for cap legends but they filled the pegs with another set of the Odin wave.

Between Walmart and target both stores have 70 figures from the Odin and thanos waves

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to start seeing the new wave of Cap figures hitting stores. I found a Taskmaster today, was impressed with the figure in hand, so despite my initial reservations I picked it up completing the wave.

At my local comic book store in Manhattan NY, they received the new Civil War wave. The only figure I wasn't fortunate enough to catch was Black Panther. The first day I went, they had two of each of the other characters. I picked up Nick Fury first. Went back today and picked up the other four, and they were the last units on the shelf. I have to keep checking back for Black Panther.

Surprise of the wave for me: Giant Man's head (packaged with Captain America). The eyes of the helmet are translucent and you can see his eyes/face through the lenses of the mask. That was a really cool detail and adds a LOT to the figure for me. Also love the texture in the Giant-Man sculpt. Without Black Panther, my Giant-Man doesn't have a leg to stand on (haha), so I am eager to not just nab that Panther, but also to complete awesome Giant-Man.

Disappointment of the wave: Unmasked heads. I like the alternates we get with Nuke and Fury, but oddly missing the movie figures (like Cap/IM) not having unmasked alternates. Especially when we've gotten the Steve Rogers head twice before and it's not needed to update, but IM could do with a completely new unhelmeted Tony Stark head. I was getting used to this being the new normal, so having these figures without seems off to me. And kinda missing Cap's pointing and saluting hands also! At least Black Panther will have his unmasked head as the new character. Guess the budget was skimped a bit for this wave.

Great News!! The old SHIELD bodies work with the new Nick Fury and Dirk Anger and helmeted heads! They're all compatible!

I think I'll use the new Nick Fury and a couple more with the helmeted heads as First Response Troopers, and then the other old bodies as backup. The blues are only slightly different. I'm hesitant about Dirk Anger having SHIELD patches on his shoulder and don't know what to do with that particular head... hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

got Giant-Man wave! I didn't think I would like this wave as much as I do, but it's pretty solid. I need another Iron Man like I need a hole in the head, but this Iron Man is a great scale and sculpt. Ant-Man and Black Panther are the highlights, though. Only negative is that each wave needs at least one female character, IMO.

post-50880-0-57711500-1462231704_thumb.jpg

post-50880-0-60006200-1462231770_thumb.jpg