Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

wolverine will be the top seller of the wave. jamie will be a shelf warmer.

they were 'found' at a local comic shop btw.

The fact that Wolvie will be a top seller goes without saying, but you're totally off about Maddrox. First, the fact that he's a new character will make him one of the "better" sellers. Second, even if he sold less favorably with the casual fans, there's more than enough of us dedicated fans that will be clamouring to get multiples. I personally feel like we may be lucky if we're able to get maybe three, at best. Lastly, I'm not sure how long you've been a collector, but Multiple Man has been on the ML most wanted list since the Toybiz days. It's inconceivable that it's taken this long to be done. 100 percent, Storm & lame ass Gladiator will be the peg warmers.

Why couldnt they have picked the Storm from 80s X-men cartoon with the white outfit.

I wish. They cant seem to finish the Jim Lee era X-Men team. Colossus, Gambit, Beast, Storm, Jubilee etc

YES. Give me those and a Hasbrolab 6” or 3.75” scale Blackbird and I’m done collecting.

I would've preferred Giant Size Storm, since she could double as modern Storm with an alt-head

Yeah me too or the Jim Lee version or one with just long hair. I hate that freaking mohawk. I bought the Toys R Us exclusive version around Christmas just because I felt that version would go better with my other X-Men then the dated 80's one with her having somewhat of a cape. I felt for sure in this wave that we were either going to get the Giant Size one or the Jim Lee one because we were due for a Storm figure and they went this route.

Don't get me wrong I would like to have an 80's styled team of the X-Men with Rogue in her classic green outfit (Outback version I think don't have time to look it up right now), Dazzler in her blue outfit with the brown jacket (thats the Dazzler version I prefer over the one we got), Psylocke in that cape before she switched bodies, Rachel Grey in the Red outfit, Shadowcat in her blue outfit and Longshot. But I would have preferred Jim Lee Storm first.

I would've preferred Giant Size Storm, since she could double as modern Storm with an alt-head

Yeah me too or the Jim Lee version or one with just long hair. I hate that freaking mohawk. I bought the Toys R Us exclusive version around Christmas just because I felt that version would go better with my other X-Men then the dated 80's one with her having somewhat of a cape. I felt for sure in this wave that we were either going to get the Giant Size one or the Jim Lee one because we were due for a Storm figure and they went this route.

Don't get me wrong I would like to have an 80's styled team of the X-Men with Rogue in her classic green outfit (Outback version I think don't have time to look it up right now), Dazzler in her blue outfit with the brown jacket (thats the Dazzler version I prefer over the one we got), Psylocke in that cape before she switched bodies, Rachel Grey in the Red outfit, Shadowcat in her blue outfit and Longshot. But I would have preferred Jim Lee Storm first.

I agree, I really have zero use for this version of Storm. It was never that iconic or that appealing. She had no powers and she was somewhat of an annoying b!+ch during that time period. Her powers did remanifest in that outfit but she did immediately return to her more traditional type outfit, like literally by the next issue. I also agree with the blue leotard Dazzler. I was happy to have her at all, but the disco outfit left me scratching my head. Her most prominent run with the team was definitely in the blue outfit. A green bustier Rogue would be awesome, but I'd much prefer a modern Uncanny Avengers version first.

The worst part is that we're only getting one X-Wave per year which terribly limits the possibility of getting the versions of these characters we really want. Add to that the complete illogical inclusion of characters like Gladiator along with this irelevant version of Storm and who knows how long they'll have us on the hook. Also on the horizon is the inevitability that the X-franchise will soon fall victim to the half MCU/half comic wave formula we see currently with the Avengers waves. Now, most of us consider the Deadpool waves as auxiliary X-Waves but the likelyhood of seeing characters like Dazzler or Storm in one of those waves is low at best. More likely we could see Forge or Doctor Nemesis or even Longshot. It just makes me wonder how long it'll take to get some of these figures. I mean how many of us were certain Beast would be in this "Strongest Wave Ever" only to be treated to the retread cop out that is Gladiator?

Will we ever see a new Beast? I'm starting to have my doubts. If so, will they be able to out do Toybiz's version? With the recent failure of the new Sasquatch to out do its predecessor, I'm certainly having my doubts. One thing is for certain though. With the current trickle at which we are getting new or wanted X-based characters, we are in for a loooong wait.

wolverine will be the top seller of the wave. jamie will be a shelf warmer.

they were 'found' at a local comic shop btw.

The fact that Wolvie will be a top seller goes without saying, but you're totally off about Maddrox. First, the fact that he's a new character will make him one of the "better" sellers. Second, even if he sold less favorably with the casual fans, there's more than enough of us dedicated fans that will be clamouring to get multiples. I personally feel like we may be lucky if we're able to get maybe three, at best. Lastly, I'm not sure how long you've been a collector, but Multiple Man has been on the ML most wanted list since the Toybiz days. It's inconceivable that it's taken this long to be done. 100 percent, Storm & lame ass Gladiator will be the peg warmers.

Once again you've echoed my thoughts exactly. It's kinda scary.

Wait a second, Hasbro referred to this newest X-Men wave as the "strongest wave ever?" I must have pushed that out of my head because I knew it couldn't be true.

It seems to me that Hasbro knows that we want certain characters in specific costumes, so they know they need to space them out to keep us hooked. Plus, I'm sure they're first utilizing as many existing molds as possible, so they're keeping costs down at the same time, which I imagine also ensures longevity of the line. But then I question why we don't have a new Xavier yet, considering they are far from shy about reusing that suited buck. When all is said and done, despite what I think is clear logic from their point of view, I still find a lot of it rather baffling in many ways. I really don't give a Jackal's furry green butt about Gladiator, and I've been to enough punk shows in my time that one mohawk per wave is more than plenty, so at least there are two figures from that wave I know I can attempt to resell.

Saw photos of the Thing In packaging. He looks to be about as large as Thanos. He also looks much better than the promo shots, which (to me) make him look "boxy".

I have yet to pick up either the Black Panther wave or the Avengers wave because I'm considering getting out of ML again, but damn I want that Thing to complete my FF.

Manger if you got out of ML would you keep what you got or sell it off? I almost stopped when the Homecoming Vulture suit BAF was out until I found the entire wave for $9 each. I don’t like the Black Panther or Avenger wave but it’s the completist in me that wins. Deadpool wave has great figures, not a fan of Sassy BAF.

I’ll stick with just ML for now. I have way too many SW Black series, Funko Pop (especially rides), and DC multiverse. I’m not into the Mezco, SH Figurearts, etc. Those are way too expensive.

I reallly like the recent DC CollectandConnect/BAF like King Shark and Rookie. The figures that come with them are meh. Mattel articulation sucks. Currently have a Clayface with no legs. Jessica Cruz is hard to come by. New blue packaging is nice looking too.