Jump to content

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread


aaozz9

Recommended Posts

Scalpers ruin the hobby but I've been able to at least find most waves at least once. If I see it, I buy it. Passed on Cable the one time I saw him and regret it. Just gotta know your store's usual stock days and pray you beat the scalpers there. Of course it would help if B&M would get more than one case at a time too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am pretty sad. I have been collecting Marvel Legends from the start. The prices keep going up and there throwing out so many awesome figures I will never be able to keep up on my budget. I guess some people can afford it but not me. I wish they would spread them out a little more. I'm sure it would help a lot of fellow collectors out there if they did. Its a bummer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, I heard from some of the online etailers that the purple haired psylocke would be the standard here in the States and the black haired one would be in the early pre orders and will actually be the more HTF as the lines starts to saturate the US market. I'm keeping faith that this is true cuz I've already pre ordered & assume that will be the black hair one, but hopefully the purple hair won't be to hard to find. Honestly I had no trouble locating the two versions of Mysterio. From what I could see it was about a 50/50 ratio. At least in my area. Ya, I never understood the whole "gotta have it now" mentality. Just be a little patient. No extra points for being first to get it. Unless, of course, you're one of the reviewers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Wow, I heard from some of the online etailers that the purple haired psylocke would be the standard here in the States and the black haired one would be in the early pre orders and will actually be the more HTF as the lines starts to saturate the US market. I'm keeping faith that this is true cuz I've already pre ordered & assume that will be the black hair one, but hopefully the purple hair won't be to hard to find. Honestly I had no trouble locating the two versions of Mysterio. From what I could see it was about a 50/50 ratio. At least in my area. Ya, I never understood the whole "gotta have it now" mentality. Just be a little patient. No extra points for being first to get it. Unless, of course, you're one of the reviewers.

I was hoping to find the black hair first since there’d be more of the purple even though it’s the most sought after.  I have a preorder with Dork Side Toys hoping the black hair’s in there.  It looks like BBTS got the earlier batches though.  

By the time I saw Mysterio at Target it was the white skull.  I never saw him again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MIKE said:

I am pretty sad. I have been collecting Marvel Legends from the start. The prices keep going up and there throwing out so many awesome figures I will never be able to keep up on my budget. I guess some people can afford it but not me. I wish they would spread them out a little more. I'm sure it would help a lot of fellow collectors out there if they did. Its a bummer.

Are you trying to get everything out there or do you have a focus? I started with the line in 2002 or 2003, with Hulk Classics, just picking up a few favorites here and there. In 2012 my income went up a bit, and I decided to get my favorite versions of Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four. No villains, no SHIELD, no cosmic, little or no super natural (I have Thor and Scarlet Witch), little or no MCU (Iron Man and Black Widow). I keep my total collection to 50 to 60 figures. Over the years, I've been able to get the ones I want generally by buying lots of figures at low prices and flipping the ones I don't want on E-bay for their normal prices. I'm right around 50 figures right now. There are a few more characters I'd like to see released, and a few favorites I don't have yet, but I'm really pretty happy with my collection. It hasn't cost me an arm and a leg, and it doesn't seem bloated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, monron999 said:

Ya, I never understood the whole "gotta have it now" mentality. Just be a little patient. No extra points for being first to get it. Unless, of course, you're one of the reviewers.

For me, it's not about "gotta have it now" it's more of a "grab it when you see it" because it won't get restocked.

I have a list of figures I still don't have because I choose to get other figures first, and planned to come back later to get the others (Mysterio, Hela, Reed Richards) and others that I simply never saw on a peg ever (Cyclops, Colossus Juggernaut wave Wolverine)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That makes sense. This is about those who riff about not being able to get something that was released mere days or a couple weeks ago. This is about those that attempt to get product quick, fast and a hurry not because they feel if they don't get it now, they never will, but because they Just. Have.To. Have. It. Now. That's who I want to hear from. the grown up who must have their toys right now. I want to hear their perspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

That makes sense. This is about those who riff about not being able to get something that was released mere days or a couple weeks ago. This is about those that attempt to get product quick, fast and a hurry not because they feel if they don't get it now, they never will, but because they Just. Have.To. Have. It. Now. That's who I want to hear from. the grown up who must have their toys right now. I want to hear their perspective.

For me it's never about the "need to get now" it's just the issue of getting it before it's impossible to find or is being sold at crazy prices online. I like to try and get the figures i presume will be huge wants for people at their regular retail price, so I do try and get them as fast as I can to avoid such hassles, like of course in case of Mysterio, i had to pay 50 bucks for him, and i want to avoid paying anything other then the steep price still of 29.99. In canada Rogue for instance was so damn hard to find she was going at like 68 bucks for awhile and i missed her at retail, but held out and got her at a con for 20, but if i deem a figure less popular I will pass on it for awhile, but still there have been so many like that I passed on and never saw again, to suprise you all here in Canada that damn beetle girl was a pegwarmer, passed on her and she ended up never going on sale, same with Misty Knight, eventually i got em at good prices, but one can just never tell, so its good to get em while you can right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

For me it's never about the "need to get now" it's just the issue of getting it before it's impossible to find or is being sold at crazy prices online. I like to try and get the figures i presume will be huge wants for people at their regular retail price, so I do try and get them as fast as I can to avoid such hassles, like of course in case of Mysterio, i had to pay 50 bucks for him, and i want to avoid paying anything other then the steep price still of 29.99. In canada Rogue for instance was so damn hard to find she was going at like 68 bucks for awhile and i missed her at retail, but held out and got her at a con for 20, but if i deem a figure less popular I will pass on it for awhile, but still there have been so many like that I passed on and never saw again, to suprise you all here in Canada that damn beetle girl was a pegwarmer, passed on her and she ended up never going on sale, same with Misty Knight, eventually i got em at good prices, but one can just never tell, so its good to get em while you can right

I agree, I'm in the States, not Canada, but around my area, especially with TRU gone, it really is a matter of get them when you see them, because you won't see most of them again.  It's left me pre-ordering most of the waves with figures that I either really want, or I know will sell fast.  I don't find myself as "gotta have it now", but I definitely know that with figures like Mysterio, or the upcoming Psylocke that if I don't snatch one early on, it won't happen.  For instance, to this day, I have never seen a Colossus or Jim Lee Cyclops on the shelf around here, but the Warlock wave has not only gone through normal restocks but a second series of restocks not more than a month ago.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mangar said:

Venom wave is up on HTS but listed as out of stock. Not sure if it was in stock at some point this morning or if they're coming soon (they don't have the usual Coming Soon tag).

They are up on Amazon (.com) as well , but alot of the buying options say pre-order for Oct, and then a bunch of the individual figs are saying pre-order for Aug. It's always weird how this works, until the figures actually get "released" the release dates are so up in the air and all over the place, I already have the venom from that wave, i got it almost two weeks ago, The sauron wave i had already pre-ordered on amazon (.ca) and that was in june, and they kept saying being released mid-july, then august, and now tbd. My one fav store around here Northmen, they still have even the 10th anni figs as pre-orders, when these came out already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mangar said:

Venom wave (and Wolverine Motorcycle) now IN STOCK at HTS. Night before SDCC though not sure if I want to open my wallet...

 

52 minutes ago, mako said:

Wasn't prepared for another big purchase, especially after dropping 1 and a half bills on the Sp//der wave this afternoon, so after reading this (thanks for the heads up) I figured I could swing a Typhoid Mary. I try to submit my order and get an "insufficient inventory" notice.

Typical, the bloody thing sold out while I was making the order! Sooo, I drowned my sorrows by ordering the Wolverine Bike set.*

 

* 'Cause I'm a dirty, dirty toy whore...

Just took a peek on HTS, seems they only have Venom, everything else from the Venom wave is OOS, seems sadly like anything anyone would want is, also noticed it seems like nothing is in stock from either Apocalypse wave or SP//dr wave like anywhere except for Wolverine at reg price, so many of these from those waves are reaching dumb prices already? like on amazon.com elektra for 40 bucks, daredevil 34? , Amazon.ca is selling Pyslocke for 101 ... see now i am currently glad i got most of these guys at retail

this market is rough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mako said:

I figured I could swing a Typhoid Mary. I try to submit my order and get an "insufficient inventory" notice.

Wow those went fast! Lasted less than an hour. It's probably because they're the first online "retail" store to get them in stock. I'm sure they'll get another shipment in the next few weeks.

 

33 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just took a peek on HTS, seems they only have Venom, everything else from the Venom wave is OOS, seems sadly like anything anyone would want is, also noticed it seems like nothing is in stock from either Apocalypse wave or SP//dr wave like anywhere except for Wolverine at reg price, so many of these from those waves are reaching dumb prices already? like on amazon.com elektra for 40 bucks, daredevil 34? , Amazon.ca is selling Pyslocke for 101 ... see now i am currently glad i got most of these guys at retail

this market is rough

Apocalypse wave will come back into stock on HTS as they're all listed again as "coming soon", and the Venom wave definitely will as well although it may take a few weeks - neither wave has really hit mass retail yet. Black Panther, the Sasquatch wave with the exception of Cable, and Lizard wave with the exception of Mysterio have all been readily available online and near me, as has most of the Thanos wave. I'm cautiously optimistic that these latest waves will be easier to find as well as the summer progresses!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sp//dr wave just arrived yesterday and my Apocalypse wave shipped out today, it is a great time for Legends! The entire Sp//dr wave is a hit for me (biased Spidey collector here) might even top out the Lizard wave for the overall character selection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE