Jump to content

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, embarrassment of riches! So I had finally made it to Walmart, picked up a few things for my sister, and made my way back toward the toy department hoping, but not really expecting, that one o

Thanks for the pic.  Heres the deal as I see it; there’s two scenarios here and while there’s a LOT of potential nuance to the second scenario, I’m more inclined to believe the second. Also,

I love a happy ending. I'm glad you hung in there for the second run!

Posted Images

I had my Surfer order canceled too. I was so mad. The customer service person gave me the runaround on why. Apparently they took more orders than what they had in stock. We have computers now. How the f@#$ does that happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merchverse said:

I had my Surfer order canceled too. I was so mad. The customer service person gave me the runaround on why. Apparently they took more orders than what they had in stock. We have computers now. How the f@#$ does that happen?

Quite easily actually, it’s just an inventory discrepancy issue. It could be one of several things; damaged stock (they will salvage/RGD back vs selling online), not properly accepting/invoicing all of their manifests for their deliveries, etc etc.

Same thing is happening (on a much wider scale) with the recently released Target exclusive Black Series Gamorrean Guard. Target wayyyyy underordered from Hasbro to meet demand as well as must have had inventory discrepancies on top of that (my guess) as they had to cancel countless orders of the guard. It’s a total mess.

i wouldn’t fret though as it would be a precendent for Walgreens to not carry their exclusive figures in-stores, at least as far as Legends & Black Series go anyway (they’ve released certain Pop! Exclusives only through their site). While my Surfer order didn’t get canceled, I can definitely empathize with your frustration, but I am sure Surfers will make their way to mass release at store level. Wish you the best sir!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone found the Walmart Exclusive MCU 10th Stark & MK1 set? (#1) Does anyone know the SKU/UPC for it?

I am 11/12 on the MCU 10th sets so I’m eager to close out the line...until more sets come out next year anyways lol.

Any info on the Walmart UPC/SKU would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who had their Silver Surfers canceled, how did you find out? I haven't received an email or a phone call, my other items shipped, and I still see "Ordered: 1 | Shipped: 0 pk" for SS, but nothing that would indicated the item was canceled.

In other news, I've been seeing more and more of the Venom wave at most of my local my Duane Reades / Walgreens. Also saw all of the SP//DR wave and Warlock(!) wave at a local Target this weekend, inclusive of Cyclops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mangar said:

For those of you who had their Silver Surfers canceled, how did you find out? I haven't received an email or a phone call, my other items shipped, and I still see "Ordered: 1 | Shipped: 0 pk" for SS, but nothing that would indicated the item was canceled.

In other news, I've been seeing more and more of the Venom wave at most of my local my Duane Reades / Walgreens. Also saw all of the SP//DR wave and Warlock(!) wave at a local Target this weekend, inclusive of Cyclops.

I ordered Surfer on the 10th, saw nothing until the 17th when I received an email stating my order was cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Quite easily actually, it’s just an inventory discrepancy issue. It could be one of several things; damaged stock (they will salvage/RGD back vs selling online), not properly accepting/invoicing all of their manifests for their deliveries, etc etc.

I've been hearing about a lot of QC issues with the SS figures (bad paint apps, figures without boards, bad joints, etc.). Combine that with all the cancelled orders, and it sounds like Walgreens pushed through a rush order on a load of figures and has just burned through their stock. I'm assuming we'll see a wider (and better executed) release within a few weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Has anyone found the Walmart Exclusive MCU 10th Stark & MK1 set? (#1) Does anyone know the SKU/UPC for it?

I am 11/12 on the MCU 10th sets so I’m eager to close out the line...until more sets come out next year anyways lol.

Any info on the Walmart UPC/SKU would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Only seen in Canada so far. I’m in the same boat as you 11/12.  Number 1in the series and it’s the last to be released, Amazon 3 pack is due out next month  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Studios-The-First-Ten-Years-Iron-Man-Tony-Stark-and-Mark-I/668817038

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluebee said:

shrug.  mine is perfect.  i rushed to get him ordered cause i knew he would sell out quick like they always do.  you snooze you lose.  have fun paying the ebay prices though.

Nah, I figure I'll just wait for it to hit brick-n-mortar and entertain myself paying less than you did.

But you enjoy though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mako said:

Nah, I figure I'll just wait for it to hit brick-n-mortar and entertain myself paying less than you did.

But you enjoy though.

It’s already been found in some Walgreens stores. On top of that, I called my local Walgreens a few days ago and the manager told me that he could order Silver Surfer for me. It arrives to the store on Friday. Just ask the manager at your Walgreens. I imagine that they can all do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, decon said:

Only seen in Canada so far. I’m in the same boat as you 11/12.  Number 1in the series and it’s the last to be released, Amazon 3 pack is due out next month  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Marvel-Studios-The-First-Ten-Years-Iron-Man-Tony-Stark-and-Mark-I/668817038

Thanks for the link sir. Unfortunately, there’s no SKU number shown on the listing, at least not that I could find. I’m hoping I can just brickseek this and call it a wraps!

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

I signed up for an account at Hasbro Toy Shop to get a 20 percent off code but it's not working. Anyone have this issue before?  Nothing from tech at Hasbro support so far. 

For whatever reason, promo codes and the like can't be used toward a lot of the Marvel stuff. Odd considering that and Transformers has to be HTSs bread and butter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inspection12e said:

That is some bull crap. 

Preaching to the choir, Bud.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally found multiple man today at ThinkGeek. Apocalypse is done! Also Typhoid Mary and Lady Deadpool. Super stoked!!!

I've been passing on the infinity war 3 packs due to poor paint apps. But today found 1 at GameStop that looks perfect. Nabbed it.

Still have not found a Red Skull that's worth it. How is he supposed to look menacing on the shelf with a lazy eye? Maybe I'm too picky. Idk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical. According to tracking info, UPSs scheduled delivery of my defective Psylocke to Megalopolis toys has been delayed til tomorrow, meaning shipping of my replacement figure is also delayed. I've gone through more hassle for this one figure!

At least FedEx has my Typhoid Mary and Spider-Ham figures listed as "On Vehicle for Delivery."

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Inspection12e said:

That is some bull crap. 

Yeah, I hardly use their site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

Yeah, I hardly use their site.

They have their issues, but pound for pound, they're still one of the better sites. I'll go there before I'll go Amazon or BBTS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid question, I’m sure... But, I don’t suppose anybody has a spare of this alternate head from the Dark Phoenix / Cyclops two pack, just lying around, that they wouldn’t mind parting with? Cuz, reasons.

74916360-C427-4BB2-BF63-09091EF40C65.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, replacement Psylocke is on the way, and FedEx delivered Typhoid Mary and Spider-Ham this afternoon. I'm gonna snag Poison and Scream next to finish Monster Venom, them I'll relax for a bit. I'm just about hunted out for the time being.

Figure I'll order the Sauron wave all at once, then just Silver Surfer and Thing to close out the year. I have no interest in the MCU Panther wave, so it'll be nice to have a little break for the holidays.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE