Jump to content
aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

Recommended Posts

So 7 of my 8 Things came in from Walgreens completely destroyed. Jammed into a box that was too small (forcibly bending/ripping) the tops of the cards just to fit them in the box and there was very minimal packing material. 

Up until this point, Walgreens had actually shipped me many orders of mint figs with plenty of packing material so this was very disappointing. I’ll be returning a good handful to my local store this weekend so hopefully some other collectors will grab them versus scalpers.

I am gonna have to do a huge Walgreens hunt this weekend for Things, General Veers and if I’m lucky, some Majiks too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rukkdeez said:

Changing up for a minute; I got the Captain Marvel wave on preorder and my DOFP Logan & Sentinel came today, and my Trevor 3 pack arrives tomorrow.

Rukk,

How did your Sentinel Set (I missed it when it went up) wind up arriving, condition wise? I’ve never had an issue with Amazon exclusives before as they’ve always been shipped inside an inner white shipping carton sleeve and then placed in the box with tons of packing material but my MCU Iron Man 3 Set arrived this past Monday and it was destroyed!

Amazon put zero packing material in the box so it bounced around and crushed all the corners. Heck, even one corner had about a 2in long tear in the cardboard, which definitely didn’t happen during shipping so it was placed in the box like that. Very disappointing so that will be going back in the mail to them this weekend.

After this recent experience with the Iron Man 3 Set, I’m extremely skeptical about ordering the Sentinel Set and any other exclusives going forward...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My IM3 Pepper Pots 3 pack was smashed to hell also.  Box was bigger than the figures, but no air packs at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Rukk,

How did your Sentinel Set (I missed it when it went up) wind up arriving, condition wise? I’ve never had an issue with Amazon exclusives before as they’ve always been shipped inside an inner white shipping carton sleeve and then placed in the box with tons of packing material but my MCU Iron Man 3 Set arrived this past Monday and it was destroyed!

Amazon put zero packing material in the box so it bounced around and crushed all the corners. Heck, even one corner had about a 2in long tear in the cardboard, which definitely didn’t happen during shipping so it was placed in the box like that. Very disappointing so that will be going back in the mail to them this weekend.

After this recent experience with the Iron Man 3 Set, I’m extremely skeptical about ordering the Sentinel Set and any other exclusives going forward...

I ordered two. One box was good. The other was squeezed and warped. I guess since I always keep one of what I buy MOC, I got lucky. The Trevor 3 pack arrived today. They were packed ok (some bubble wrapping was used) and both boxes were good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rukkdeez said:

I ordered two. One box was good. The other was squeezed and warped. I guess since I always keep one of what I buy MOC, I got lucky. The Trevor 3 pack arrived today. They were packed ok (some bubble wrapping was used) and both boxes were good.

Nice to hear yours came in ok and that has restored a little hope for me with Amazon exclusives going forward so I will order the Sentinel Set when it comes back online. lol looks like the trick is to order more than one. I have intentionally ordered more of a figure than I actually needed in the past, several times, with the thinking of “well, at least ONE of these should come in mint” and it’s usually paid off for the most part so I guess I’ll start doing that with Amazon exclusives.

Unfortunately, that trick did not work with the Things I ordered from Walgreens...with 7 of the 8 arriving destroyed and the 8th one being in just passable condition. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am secretly pleased when things occur like what happened to me last night at a local Walgreen's.  I appeared that someone had hidden (or tried to hide) three Venom wave figures across the aisle, down from where the Legends are typically located, behind some other toys.  They were even laying on their side to better conceal them.  I noticed them and nabbed the Poison.  Hey, if you can't buy it initially, don't hide it so no one else can either.  Be fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't hide things myself. But i do find hidden figures all the time. And honestly, that's just part of the game boys. That's why we call it "hunting".

Now if the employees hide stuff, (like in the back) that gets me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hunt for me is a big part of the trill though.

I usually only order on-line if I've given up trying to find something in B+M. Or if it's an on-line exclusive obviously.

Im just too picky about paint apps to chance it. Gotta see it before i buy it.

But to each his own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are usually the last ones to get anything imo, but plenty of ML Things and Silver Surfers in Miami, Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SeanWhitmore said:

Yup! Hunting can bite me.

Exactly lol. I collect way too much stuff and have wayyy to little time to ever think about hunting figures anymore store exclusives not withstanding of course. Hunting was a LOT more fun and a LOT more productive back in the day. Nowadays, If it ain’t a brick n mortar exclusive, I take 30 seconds, preorder the figure or case/wave from EE, take another few seconds to update the inventories on my phone and then promptly go about my day.

That being said, the amount of exclusives all dropping at the same time right now is just staggering and I’ve pretty much gone out on late night hunts every night this week. Fortunately, thanks to BrickSeek, I’ve been hunting smart and not hard and have been finding something every single day for 5 days straight now.

This week alone i have found the TVC Tie Fighter from Walmart,  Silver Surfer, Thing (need more though) & General Veers from Walgreens , McFarlane COD Seraph, Gamorrean Guard, Moloch & Bespin Leia from Target and the Neca IT variant & the Spidey/Mr. Negative 2pack exclusives from GameStop. 

Ive done more “hunting” this past week than I have in the past 2 years...it’s killing me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, americamgl said:

We are usually the last ones to get anything imo, but plenty of ML Things and Silver Surfers in Miami, Florida.

Man what the hell lol. I just got back from hitting 8-10 Walgreens (I kinda lost track) and only one store had Thing and out of the 3 the store had, only one was mint. I live in Pembroke Pines FL and hunted Pines, Miramar and Weston tonight. Sounds like I need to trek down to Miami but thought of the traffic already makes me want to vomit.

Screw it, my wife works in Miami so I’m just gonna force her to hit every Walgreens she finds on the way home from work, every day, until I have several Majiks and Things. That should go over with her well...right? :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WaterSpider said:

I don't hide things myself. But i do find hidden figures all the time. And honestly, that's just part of the game boys. That's why we call it "hunting".

Now if the employees hide stuff, (like in the back) that gets me.

I’ve been collecting for over 20 years and  I STILL do not understand collectors “stashing” figures. So you walk into a store, find a figure you want but only then realize you don’t have the money to buy it? You didn’t know how much money you had prior to entering the store? Why are you hunting if you know you can’t buy stuff? If you walk into a store looking for a figure but don’t have $20 available in your bank account or on a credit card...there’s a problem...and you should probably re-evaluate your financial priorities.

I mean I know there’s instances where you would maybe want to do that for a friend or something so he/she can pick up that figure after work or what not but it would be silly to suggest, imo, that THAT is the reason why collectors (including me) are frequently finding hidden stuff. Over the years, I literally can’t even count how many hidden figures my friends and I have found while out there randomly in our travels. 

Am I crazy! Am I missing something here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

I’ve been collecting for over 20 years and  I STILL do not understand collectors “stashing” figures. So you walk into a store, find a figure you want but only then realize you don’t have the money to buy it? You didn’t know how much money you had prior to entering the store? Why are you hunting if you know you can’t buy stuff? If you walk into a store looking for a figure but don’t have $20 available in your bank account or on a credit card...there’s a problem...and you should probably re-evaluate your financial priorities.

I mean I know there’s instances where you would maybe want to do that for a friend or something so he/she can pick up that figure after work or what not but it would be silly to suggest, imo, that THAT is the reason why collectors (including me) are frequently finding hidden stuff. Over the years, I literally can’t even count how many hidden figures my friends and I have found while out there randomly in our travels. 

Am I crazy! Am I missing something here?

I don't stash, but I imagine it's kids whose parents either won't buy them the figure at that time or collectors who went in with a budget looking for one thing and then were surprised to find the stash item as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WaterSpider said:

The hunt for me is a big part of the trill though.

I usually only order on-line if I've given up trying to find something in B+M. Or if it's an on-line exclusive obviously.

Im just too picky about paint apps to chance it. Gotta see it before i buy it.

But to each his own

I feel you on the paint apps issue. I'm the same way HOWEVER COMMA when it comes to the B & M exclusives, since more times than not, they appear on their respective websites before they touch down in the physical stores here in my part of Cali, what I do is purchase online and continue to hunt in the stores (just in case the apps or even the packaging itself is not up to par) and if this turns out to be the case, I return the online purchased item to the B&M. Some may say "it's too much trouble" to which I say I'm out there hunting anyway, so how is a few keystrokes "too much trouble" if it ensures I get what I'm looking for? I've got 2 Things on the way as of this posting, and I'm still out there looking for him (and Magik) just in case (plus I admit, I get a thrill seeing new Legends on the pegs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE