aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

Sambeckett how close to toledo are you? Since my initial find of magik I have started to see her pop up in almost every Walgreens in the toledo area

On 11/18/2018 at 10:47 AM, JKenbok said:

I pre ordered that wave too and the x-men wave. But it seems kind of crazy we haven’t seen a single one here in PA. Trying to army build those Multiple Mans. And try to find the black haired Psylocke no one wanted at first but is.l now outrageously priced on eBay lol. 

Definitely, I've almost given up on army building Multiple Man.  And yeah, Psylocke, I figure I'm not going to see that one anywhere.

Finally have been seeing Magik in EB here in Toronto, and crazy enough by the gallon one store had 10 of her, nothing else new popping up, still no Silver Surfer or Thing around here, or new Vintage series, I was trying to buy Magik, until I told my Girlfriend that I'd seen her and I was buying it and she screamed, no you are getting it for Christmas

4 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Definitely, I've almost given up on army building Multiple Man.  And yeah, Psylocke, I figure I'm not going to see that one anywhere.

Why are you giving up on buying a figure that is so readily available lol? I ordered 4 extra Multiple Men from EE and they shipped them to me a couple of months ago. He is still currently on their site and is in-stock. EE charges only pennies over retail MSRP and you get free shipping if you spend $80. Go army build to your hearts content lol

9 hours ago, greenlucario said:

I've got 2 spare (bought a case and only using 6 along with my wave fig). Get at me.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:32 PM, Aspiderguy said:

Sambeckett how close to toledo are you? Since my initial find of magik I have started to see her pop up in almost every Walgreens in the toledo area

I used to be very close, Monroe, MI but I have moved further north.  However, just tonight I stopped at the Walgreen's nearest to me and they had 2 Magik's on the shelf so I grabbed one.  Thanks for the information, spiderguy.  I was going to check in Monroe the next time I was there, but it's no longer necessary.  Now on to the second vintage wave.  Only have seen it at Gamestop so far.  

10 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Gamestop Black Friday sale "25% off Action Figures and Statues" starting Nov. 22nd.

Awesome!!! I got a couple of things that I want from there.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Gamestop Black Friday sale "25% off Action Figures and Statues" starting Nov. 22nd.

They knocked about 5 bucks off Gaververse Spidey. Throw in the "No Hurry" free shipping and I couldn't resist any longer. Ordered and done.

For anyone who has been holding off on the Vintage carded ML figures, EE has great deals on them for Black Friday - Wave 1 set for $52.49 ( av $8.75/each) and Wave 2 set for $87.49 (av $14.58/each) with free shipping and their usual mint guarantee:

Wave 1: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-super-heroes-vintage-6inch-figures-wave-1/hsc3994a

Wave 2: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-super-heroes-vintage-6inch-figures-wave-2/hsc3994b

1 hour ago, Mangar said:

For anyone who has been holding off on the Vintage carded ML figures, EE has great deals on them for Black Friday - Wave 1 set for $52.49 ( av $8.75/each) and Wave 2 set for $87.49 (av $14.58/each) with free shipping and their usual mint guarantee:

Wave 1: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-super-heroes-vintage-6inch-figures-wave-1/hsc3994a

Wave 2: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/marvel-legends-super-heroes-vintage-6inch-figures-wave-2/hsc3994b

Yeah those are fantastic deals. I just ordered both cases for my dad for Xmas.

Also, on a side note, I would HIGHLY recommend no collector playing the waiting game on Vision. I personally think Vintage Wave 2 is superb but that Vision is INCREDIBLE. Great body mold, excellent headsculpt and the paint they used is something you have to see in person to really appreciate how impeccable it is. This Vision is hands down the most well done classic and comic styled version of the figure ever produced and sans a re-release, I can easily see this figure commanding a hefty price in the years to come.

This isn’t really a “sighting” or “haul” but i learned this information last week and in the event some collectors may find this info useful and/or don’t already know this info, I figured I’d post it.

Spiderman Wave 11 (Series 10) Kingpin BAF Case Breakdown:

1. Silver Sable. Comes with 2 guns and BAF right arm.

2. Black Suit Spidey. Comes with extra set of hands and both BAF heads.

3. Black Cat. Comes with whip as well as BAF left arm and BAF cane.

4. Red Goblin. Comes with tendril pieces (not sure if they are detachable or not) and BAF left leg.

5. Night Thrasher. Comes with 2 batons, skateboard and BAF right leg.

6. Puma. Comes with BAF torso. Not 100% sure but torso is likely 2 pieces.

7. Six-Armed Spidey. Comes with extra set of hands and no BAF piece. This is the 2 per case figure.

Just as has been the case for years, this Spidey wave will ship out from etailers between the last week of December and the first few weeks of January.

Expect this wave, the 2nd Panther wave and the Captain Marvel wave to be shipping out (from etailers) all around the same time (within the span of weeks from each other), starting at the end of December to the end of January. No rest for Legends!

Sweet, I am only interested in the Kingpin BAF. Everything else is a pass.

Most of the Kingpin wave characters are weak. If it were a bland BAF it won’t sell well.

More so with Black Panther Wave 2.   I’ll wait for clearance on that one. 

On 11/23/2018 at 12:35 AM, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Yeah those are fantastic deals. I just ordered both cases for my dad for Xmas.

Also, on a side note, I would HIGHLY recommend no collector playing the waiting game on Vision. I personally think Vintage Wave 2 is superb but that Vision is INCREDIBLE. Great body mold, excellent headsculpt and the paint they used is something you have to see in person to really appreciate how impeccable it is. This Vision is hands down the most well done classic and comic styled version of the figure ever produced and sans a re-release, I can easily see this figure commanding a hefty price in the years to come.

I was really dead set on not getting this wave cuz I simply didn't like the character selection, other than Ant-Man, of course but I had some credits at one of the etailers so I pulled the trigger. Every one of these figures is an improvement on the previous versions. From the plastics used to the change in sculpts (particularly with BP and Vision) to the superior paint apps. Never have I been more wrong about a wave. This is truly making me rethink my decision to pass on the BP wave 2 cuz I'm afraid I may be missing out on something. Only time will tell, I guess.

6 hours ago, KiloinNorcal said:

That six arm spidey is gonna rot on the pegs at two per case...

Ohhh yeah!!! Most these characters would be too if it wasn't for the BAF.

What's making this wave in particular weaker than previous waves? Try this; As far back as wave 4, there has been a classic villain (standalone) figure in every wave. A lot of times along with the BAF. Excluding the Build-A-Figure from this latest wave, there are no "classic" villains. Most here will say "but that's just one figure in a wave of six or seven", but the element that drives the Spider-Man line even more so than the different Spidey costumes or even (most recently) Spider-Verse characters are the members of his rogues gallery. His "classic" rogues in particular. For the 1st time I can remember, Hasbro actually double packed a Super Villain in a wave, and a highly requested one at that! The Kingpin BAF is the sole UNIVERSAL draw to this wave. Hell, even Hasbro knows that, ergo the Shadow King head. A lot of X fans are gonna want that body. I, myself am going to get a second BAF just so I can have both the Kingpin and Shadow King displayed in their respective villain shelves. Thoughts?

13 hours ago, decon said:

More so with Black Panther Wave 2.   

YMMV on that. Quite a lot of people were saying as far back as the trailers that they would've liked a figure of Killmonger in his mercenary duds instead of his Black Panther outfit. The two rereleases of previous BP figures are a bit execessive, though.

I can’t wait for Kingpin. The only figures I care about in the wave are Silver Sable, Puma and Night Thrasher. I’m surprised nobody is interested in Silver Sable?