Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

I am seeing the Spiderman Kingpin BAF wave hit in my area which is Northeast Texas. I saw Puma and Blackcat sitting on some pegs at Walmart and Red Goblin at Gamestop. Plus Captain Marvel figures peg warming like crazy along with Black Panther wave 2.

Ordered the...right?...leg and head from the Monster Venom wave. Didn't want to grab Carnage and Venom again and didn't have an intention of completing the Monster Venom wave....buuut I had the body and an arm, and the head and the leg were less than $20 total. So now I'm in it and need to finish completing him. I like him much better than I originally did.

The thread has been quiet for a couple of days, so here’s my tale of searching for Mystique.  I like many others spend some of my time on a quest when I can in search of that elusive exclusive at Walgreens.  Jay Cochran posted on Friday March 15th that the Mystique figure was available again on the Walgreens website, by the time I ventured onto the site it was sold out again but I was able to check locations for stock.  I visited one or two locations which were showing 2-5 or 10+.  At each store in northern NJ there were zero quantiles of our most coveted shape shifter, but tons of Magik, the previous exclusive.  Maybe they show as the same SKU online but I left discouraged.  Today as I was running an errand, I went to a location close to my home which online stated that it was out of stock.  As I did on my last stops, I asked for assistance and found a supervisor, who told me that he had put some out on Saturday. I had a momentary WTF moment especially after I spoke to another mgr yesterday from the same store who told me that they had never seen to figure before.  This mgr offered to check in the back and after five minutes………. (angels singing) he came out with Mystique in hand.  The moral here is don’t be discouraged but ask the right person and you might get lucky.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:45 AM, mars396 said:

New York City. Duane Reade in the Port Authority Bus Terminal. There's at least one Mystique in there, but I can't tell how many more because for some reason they keep them all in a locked case

Being as it's the rotten apple & many people there belong to the 5 finger discount club, not surprising that the owner would have merch locked up.

4 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Being as it's the rotten apple & many people there belong to the 5 finger discount club, not surprising that the owner would have merch locked up.

Have you ever visited? Have you ever even left your hometown? As a long time NYC-er, I don't think I've ever seen a figure swap or items missing from a package in person here unlike what I've seen posted from Targets and Walmarts all over the rest of the country.

Granted, the Port Authority bus terminal is a bit of a cesspool (as are most bus stations across the country) but if you ever choose to visit I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised by the city, culture, and people here.

2 hours ago, Mangar said:

Have you ever visited? Have you ever even left your hometown? As a long time NYC-er, I don't think I've ever seen a figure swap or items missing from a package in person here unlike what I've seen posted from Targets and Walmarts all over the rest of the country.

Granted, the Port Authority bus terminal is a bit of a cesspool (as are most bus stations across the country) but if you ever choose to visit I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised by the city, culture, and people here.

Buddy, I grew up in Williamsburg, Brooklyn for the 1st 30yrs of my life, hence my name. I know full well what I speak of. If the 5 boroughs of NYC had as many Wally worlds & Targets as other states such as the great state of Texas where I now reside in  have, you'd see tons of shoplifting & figure swapping in those 2 stores by lovely NYers. You couldn't pay me to move back there.  I left NYC for good in 98' & even then, there were no Targets in Brooklyn & only 1 Wally world that I can recall.  I also worked at Target for a yr in 2018 here in San Antonio as a merch protection officer  & my CCTV cams caught tons of shoplifting/merch swaps so I'm sure it would occur in NYC in even bigger numbers. Shoplifting is a multi billion $$ problem in the US.  Ever wonder why prices tend to increase yearly at the big chain retailers, blame the sticky finger discount club. And I have been to, lived in & visited more cities/states  & more countries than you ever have. So plz don't play the assumption game that you're speaking to some country bumpkin that has lived in the same little grid square all their lives.

5 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Finally snagged a vintage wave Hawkeye at my local FYE and it rang up at retail instead of the usual marked up price, win/win.

I had no idea that FYE had ML figures.  I’ve never seen any of the wave two figures in person.  My GS and Targets are all clogged with Wave 1 Black Widows still.

14 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Ran across clearanced Black Panther Wave one and Deadpool wave one at target today.  They rang up at $9.98, just a heads up to to others who may be looking!

Yeah, my Target had the old BP wave clearanced as well, was able to grab a Nakia for $10 so now i finally have enough dora bodies to use all 3 heads, woo-hoo!!  They had Black Bolt and Namor also, of course.   Also on clearance were the exclusive Leia ($14) and that Aquaman 2-pack  ($12, i think) and that black series  crow's nest vehicle was also marked down.

7 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I had no idea that FYE had ML figures.  I’ve never seen any of the wave two figures in person.  My GS and Targets are all clogged with Wave 1 Black Widows still.

Yeah imo FYE is another store that has stepped up their game after TRU closed.  Yes they are overpriced but they do carry some MLs and NECA stuff.  Plus they do have some good clearance deals sometime - got a Jessica Jones there for $10 at one point and recently scored a Ric Flair "defining moments" fig for $4.   

The other day i noticed they had Marvel Select Colossus and Iron Spidey, both of which were tempting even though i know hasbro is coming out with versions of those figures later this year. Colossus is probably too huge to pose with MLs but i wonder if the Iron Spidey would work OK since it seems like he's just a bit bigger than the Spidey Big-Time ML figure.

The only place i saw Vintage Wave 2 was at Gamestop, they had all but Hawkeye and Ant-man.  I grabbed Vision and Scarlet Spider on the spot.  The next time i went back the rest of the wave was gone and i've never seen them anywhere since.

Still no Binary at Walmart!! What gives??

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Also on clearance were the exclusive Leia ($14) and that Aquaman 2-pack  ($12, i think) and that black series  crow's nest vehicle was also marked down.

Yeah imo FYE is another store that has stepped up their game after TRU closed.  Yes they are overpriced but they do carry some MLs and NECA stuff.  Plus they do have some good clearance deals sometime - got a Jessica Jones there for $10 at one point and recently scored a Ric Flair "defining moments" fig for $4.   

I am incredibly jealous of that Ric Flair score.  If it is the blue robe version, I have it and I paid a lot more than $4!  I went back to Target today and grabbed a Gamorrean Guard on clearance for $14.98!  Some killer Black Series deals that I completely overlooked in my Legends tunnel vision.  Thank you for the heads up!

18 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Yeah, it's nice most of the stores in my area seem to sell out of in demand figures, but occasionally the local FYE will have a rare figure or two that no one notices.  That's how I got Adam Warlock awhile back and even Cable from the Deadpool wave.  This was the only one I actually saw in person, but they even had Vison and Black Panther, I already got Vision though so left it for the next person.

Black Panther Wave 2 has shown up at Winners here in Canada for $19Cdn ($13US). It's a discount store akin to Ross or Marshalls. That $19 is double the price of the previous Legends waves they used to carry (I guess since BP is still fairly new).

In the past I've found the Juggernaut Wave at various winners (Rogue and Kitty), Warlock Wave (Sunfire and Shatterstar) for $9Cdn and the Spider-man Homecoming 2-pack with Tom Holland head for $19Cdn.

bpwave2.jpg