aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Did anyone else get an email from HasbroPulse? Complete the survey and you get $5 off.

Yep!

5 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Did anyone else get an email from HasbroPulse? Complete the survey and you get $5 off.

Me to.

5 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Yes!

8 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The $5 promo code is only good until July 31, 2019.

I used mine to re-pre-order Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman. Knocked it down to 16.22 after tax.

I just used mine to preorder the Agent Anti-Venom.

After realizing I had REALLY overdone it on pre-ordering, I went back and cancelled everything but the Wolverine vs. Hulk set. Then I went back and used the fan credit from Pulse to pre-order Spider-Woman (Carpenter) again, and pre-ordered the Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch set yesterday.

That'll probably be it for a while, at least till I can establish some ground rules. Just like at brick-n-mortar, you have to pace yourself or you'll spend yourself broke.

20 hours ago, mako said:

After realizing I had REALLY overdone it on pre-ordering, I went back and cancelled everything but the Wolverine vs. Hulk set. Then I went back and used the fan credit from Pulse to pre-order Spider-Woman (Carpenter) again, and pre-ordered the Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch set yesterday.

That'll probably be it for a while, at least till I can establish some ground rules. Just like at brick-n-mortar, you have to pace yourself or you'll spend yourself broke.

I have been overdoing it as well. August is going to be a pretty expensive month for me being an X-Men fan. I had quite abit pre-ordered. I had Boom Boom, Cannonball, and Guardian pre-ordered on Dorkside loose with them being around 15 dollars a piece or under. Then I had to cancel them telling myself I need to free up some money with everything that has been happening in my life so far. Storms and other costly repairs. I also canceled Beta Ray Bill. I got charged for Scorpion and Spiderwoman by Dorkside on Friday so they are on their way. I found myself changing my mind on Hydroman and grabbing him on Ebay for around 24 dollars total.

Right now I just have pre-ordered:

July:

Loki Amazon

Magneto, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch 3 Pack Amazon

August:

Hulk two pack Dorkside

Nightcrawler Dorkside

Mr. Sinister Dorkside

Storm Amazon

Iceman Amazon

Dazzler Amazon

On the Lookout for the Colossus two pack as well as classic Thor. Hoping they will be September or October releases. 

I am digging into my loose change jar that I keep for a rainy day to use for August. Alot of cross offs on my want list for that month. Been trying to figure out who to cross off but I will be burning gas money looking for these so best to leave them where they are at. I can't wait to get that Hulk!

I'll be digging into my change jar as well....and maxing out a few credit cards over all this MARVEL goodness.

1 hour ago, Starlord67 said:

I'll be digging into my change jar as well....and maxing out a few credit cards over all this MARVEL goodness.

Looks like we're all on the same page. Unfortunately, there are also lines, crazy as it may sound, I collect that are NOT Marvel related. Turns out the monkey on my back also likes Overwatch Ultimates and PR Lightning Collection. Naturally, guess who has a 70+ dollar boxed set and an SDCC Exclusive around the corner.

Of course I also set back a nice chunk 'o change for this years ML SDCC Exclusive . . . whatever it may be. 

Still, there is no scenario in play, nor will there be, that will have me cancel the Hulk set, Carpenter or Dazzler. Not . . . Gonna . . . Happen.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Looks like we're all on the same page. Unfortunately, there are also lines, crazy as it may sound, I collect that are NOT Marvel related. Turns out the monkey on my back also likes Overwatch Ultimates and PR Lightning Collection. Naturally, guess who has a 70+ dollar boxed set and an SDCC Exclusive around the corner.

Of course I also set back a nice chunk 'o change for this years ML SDCC Exclusive . . . whatever it may be. 

Still, there is no scenario in play, nor will there be, that will have me cancel the Hulk set, Carpenter or Dazzler. Not . . . Gonna . . . Happen.

Yeah that Lightning Collection SDCC Exclusive looks awesome! I wish I could go for it, but I'm looking at the NECA TMNT set as well.  Not to mention what Hasbro will have in store for ML.  And like you said earlier, all the pre-order possibilities are overwhelming.

See I can't really get with all of this pre-ordering business, It's overwhelming, there is too much offered to far down the road it gets boggling so I really try and stay away from doing so, I wait for the figure to actually get released in stock I prefer this, I mean once in a while it screws me on finding the harder to find figs because they skyrocket in price but there is tons of times those figs just literally jump out the gate with an increased price (like Beast) , Hasbro has been so damn over generous with these literally a year in a advance pre-orders it's too much I refuse to get on it. I'd just rather relax and watch things come out when they come out.

I did the preorder thing for a while...but it stresses me out. I basically just wait now until figures are in stock....then I order them...wait impatiently by the mail box...grab them and run to my studio ripping the box open and laughing maniacally and screaming "it's mine...its mine!"

Is that just me?

5 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I did the preorder thing for a while...but it stresses me out. I basically just wait now until figures are in stock....then I order them...wait impatiently by the mail box...grab them and run to my studio ripping the box open and laughing maniacally and screaming "it's mine...its mine!"

Is that just me?

Nah. I might preorder exclusives that seem likely to sell out, such as the Magneto/Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver three-pack, but otherwise I try my best to score the lowest price possible, and I'm very patient in that pursuit. I too am much less patient, however, about tearing open that packaging and setting up my new dollies.

7 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

Is that just me?

I used to play the waiting game and still do in some instances, but I've taken to pre-ordering this year for the first time.  I'm curious: what stresses you out about it?  I'm finding it much less stressful on the whole.

1 hour ago, Starlord67 said:

So what comes out next? Magneto 3 pack?

I think it depends on who you order through.

Amazon has the Mag' 3-pack listed for Jul.1st.

Pulse (my go to) has most of the Molten Man series listed for Jun. 23, Professor Hulk series for July 1st, the Hulk set, Wendigo series, and the X-Retros for Aug. 1st.

Also keep in mind, the SDCC exclusives that make it to Pulse generally street in late August (dude, that's gonna be a rough month).

6 minutes ago, mako said:

the Hulk set, Wendigo series, and the X-Retros for Aug. 1st.

I noticed that and was going to ask: is that a pretty reliable thing?  I just need to batten down the financial hatches if all three of those are really going to drop on the same day.

Wait..Ive already picked up characters from the Molten Man wave as well as Professor Hulk. We're these releases early?

Btw...I LOVE the Julia Carpenter and Rock Python figures. Scorpion and Loki are in transit.

5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

I noticed that and was going to ask: is that a pretty reliable thing?  I just need to batten down the financial hatches if all three of those are really going to drop on the same day.

The Caliban wave was on preorder labelled "available 05.01.19" on the Pulse and few people got their shipping notices that same day (Wednesday). I got my notice 2 days later (Friday), and I didn't receive my figures (Gambit, Beast, Jubilee) til the following Thursday.

Perhaps my post doesn't really answer your question (if all three waves will be released the same day) but this is just my Pulse experience based on one wave labelled 05.01 availability.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Not even the best Etailers can give you an exact date, but yeah, from what I've read all of these are pretty much gonna be hitting simultaneously. Par for the course really. You don't see Jack for months then it all hits at once.

11 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The Caliban wave was on preorder labelled "available 05.01.19" on the Pulse and few people got their shipping notices that same day (Wednesday). I got my notice 2 days later (Friday), and I didn't receive my figures (Gambit, Beast, Jubilee) til the following Thursday.

Perhaps my post doesn't really answer your question (if all three waves will be released the same day) but this is just my Pulse experience based on one wave labelled 05.01 availability.

10 hours ago, mako said:

Not even the best Etailers can give you an exact date, but yeah, from what I've read all of these are pretty much gonna be hitting simultaneously. Par for the course really. You don't see Jack for months then it all hits at once.

Thanks!  Yeah, I get that it's always a guessing game to some extent.  Still, better brace for impact!