aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

12 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

Wait..Ive already picked up characters from the Molten Man wave as well as Professor Hulk. We're these releases early?

Btw...I LOVE the Julia Carpenter and Rock Python figures. Scorpion and Loki are in transit.

Where did you find the Molten Man wave?

31 minutes ago, Malocchio said:

Where did you find the Molten Man wave?

Walgreens / Duane Reade.

Capture.JPG

My Spider-Man: Far From Home wave arrived today from DorkSideToys.

22 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

See I can't really get with all of this pre-ordering business, It's overwhelming, there is too much offered to far down the road it gets boggling so I really try and stay away from doing so, I wait for the figure to actually get released in stock I prefer this, I mean once in a while it screws me on finding the harder to find figs because they skyrocket in price but there is tons of times those figs just literally jump out the gate with an increased price (like Beast) , Hasbro has been so damn over generous with these literally a year in a advance pre-orders it's too much I refuse to get on it. I'd just rather relax and watch things come out when they come out.

I tend to wait for the release also...maybe I'm a cheapskate but I like getting free shipping whenever possible, and usually with Amazon I can get it but that comes along with sometimes the figs go down a few bucks once when they're in stock vs preorder. 

I have never understood the Pre-Order concept.

Why pre-order something that will be sold in stores everywhere ?

THEN.

I never found a Cyclops on a peg anywhere.

I bought Hela in a comics shop for more than retail.

Just blind luck I found a Mysterio to complete Lizard.

and I only found Black Knight and Black Widow after the restock.

(Ended up buying Thor on BBTS to complete Cull Obsidian)

So, after all of this, I thought I should be smart and pre-order Storm.  BAM!  the pre-order is sold out ?   That is a phrase I cannot understand.  How can a PRE order be sold out ?!?!?!?!?

2 minutes ago, mars396 said:

How can a PRE order be sold out ?!?!?!?!?

Most E-tailers set aside a finite amount of merchandise for pre-orders. Once that's used up . . . sold out.

20 minutes ago, mako said:

Most E-tailers set aside a finite amount of merchandise for pre-orders. Once that's used up . . . sold out.

Still doesn't make sense.

Retailer:  I am unsure how much to order, so I will solicit pre-orders, to determine how much to order.

How can this be "Sold Out" if it hasn't been ordered yet ????

At 6 or 7 characters per wave, they take pre-orders until they kind of drop off, and then take the least most popular character's pre-order number to determine how many to order ?  So that they are not stuck with hundreds of unsold Paladins and Lady Deadpools ?

25 minutes ago, mars396 said:

Retailer:  I am unsure how much to order, so I will solicit pre-orders, to determine how much to order.

That's not exactly the way it works, but the bottom line is, if you're not comfortable with pre-ordering don't do it.

Up until a month ago I was vehemently against pre-ordering, I'm still not completely sold on it.

You do what you have to do, and don't let anybody else tell you different.

Hasbro's internal deadlines for distributors to finalize their preorders for the first run of any given wave are four to six months out, so retailers have to guess what they're going to need, lock it in, and then hope it's enough to cover their preorders (and ideally leave them some to sell thereafter). In many cases that means retailers must place their order before they've even been allowed to solicit sales. It's not a great system, but Hasbro needs those orders early enough to know how many to produce, yet can't market too early because it will damage hype and lead to a lot of customers canceling orders out of impatience.

8 hours ago, TheGrimeyGhost said:

I tend to wait for the release also...maybe I'm a cheapskate but I like getting free shipping whenever possible, and usually with Amazon I can get it but that comes along with sometimes the figs go down a few bucks once when they're in stock vs preorder. 

I'm kinda on the same boat. I'm as cheapskate as one can get. However when I look at a wave and see something that I think will be hard to find in stores (Professor X, Jubilee/Beast, Sinister, Storm aka Popular figures that are one-per-box) I'd rather not tempt fate.

That said I also pre-ordered Gambit from the Caliban wave and Nightcrawler from the Sinister wave, the double packed characters from those waves, so I guess I just know myself too much lol. I can allow myself to splurge because X-men characters are the only ones I collect.

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I'm kinda on the same boat. I'm as cheapskate as one can get.

Nothing wrong with stretching that dollar. In this day and age, you have to.

I used to pre order EVERYTHING from Marvel Universe, Legends, Star Wars, GIJoe, etc. Now I hunt for everything in the wild, and buy online only if I find myself in need of some immediate retail therapy. Overall it's allowed me to enjoy collecting much, much more. It also gives my girlfriend and I something to do together. Though, as the reasoning I used in the past, I do understand how pre ordering is much easier and feasible for so many with less time to spend hunting.

As for recent hauls updates, I picked up the Target exclusive 2-pack of Clint and Widow. That Jeremy Renner head is going straight to the Ronin figure. 

Still not finding Power and Glory Cap in the Lexington, Ky area and it's been rather discouraging; hoping that pops up soon.

What state are u in please. Cap has been found many times in the last 2 weeks all over the country. I'm trying to triangulate the location. Lol

On 6/10/2019 at 7:01 PM, americamgl said:

Where in GA have you been looking at? I am in GA as well. Used to be in FL but now I am in GA. Maybe we can help each other out.

I have been asking and going around every Walmart around like a maniac and no Captain America.

I mainly hunt around Kennesaw,Woodstock, and Marietta.

I picked up Skullbuster today to finish off Caliban.  Aside from the new Cap from EG there is nothing new in S.E. Denver.  

28 minutes ago, WaterSpider said:

What state are u in please. Cap has been found many times in the last 2 weeks all over the country. I'm trying to triangulate the location. Lol

I found EG (Power and Glory) Cap in Michigan City, Indiana.

Also, I just placed my pre order for the Magneto & kids Amazon 3-pk. VERY excited for that one. 

I found my power and glory Captain in Tyler Texas and now looking for some figures from the 2nd Endgame wave

2 hours ago, JHS said:

I found my power and glory Captain in Tyler Texas and now looking for some figures from the 2nd Endgame wave

If you're not checking GameStop, look there.  I saw the entire wave on the pegs at a local (western NY) store today.

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

If you're not checking GameStop, look there.  I saw the entire wave on the pegs at a local (western NY) store today.

Thanks for the heads up. I called two of the stores in my area and they are just waiting till the 23 to put them out

I really dislike toy hunting, especially in my neck of the woods because typically all I return with is frustration, aggravation and a car with less fuel. Therefore, I'm so thankful for online retailers and pre-ordering. 

Much respect to all you toy hunters out there still grinding. 

I've always wondered if there's a better time of day for toy hunting.  When I did it, it seemed like when a store would open would be the best time.   I'm not sure if that's still the case.   By the time I get off work, I feel there's very little opportunity to find the latest wave of anything.

Great day today :), My shipment from Dorkside Toys arrived and I got my Scorpion and Julia Spiderwoman figures. Hydroman arrived as well from Ebay. I went to Gamestop and found Loki, War Machine, and Beta Ray Bill. I got an email from  Amazon that my Magneto, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch will be shipping soon and arrive on the 24th. I hope nothing bad happens at work when I go in because I know how this works. I start having a good day and then something bad has to happen at work or the next day.