Jump to content

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread


aaozz9

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Starlord67 said:

Found the X-force wave today at Target. Man the Mr. Sinister and Nightcrawler are Awesome!! I'm a huge fan of the Nightcrawler figure. His extra hand and heads are PERFECT!

Boomer looks good too! Cannonball ain't bad since I would pose him without legs anyway. The only one I didn't get was Wolverine.  I'm gonna sell off Wendigo. 

Where?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Had the same thing happen to me, I called my local Target when BrickSeek showed it was in stock, it sounded like they had it on the shelves but the employee knew it was street dated, said Sunday was the day.  

Yup.  It shows in stock at all the Targets in my area.  I actually saw 3 on the shelf at one, but when I tried to scan it at checkout the register wouldn't take it and gave a message about the street date.  The cashier had the stock pulled from the shelf until the street date.  I had a feeling that was going to happen, but I thought I'd try just in case.

So, glad that a desirable set like this is Target exclusive and not Walmart.  It's the one I want the most and Target exclusives are historically easy to get as they usually stock them everywhere and in decent numbers.  I've even seen restocks of the Hawkeye and Black Widow Endgame set at several Targets in my area.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sharky1999 said:

Yup.  It shows in stock at all the Targets in my area.  I actually saw 3 on the shelf at one, but when I tried to scan it at checkout the register wouldn't take it and gave a message about the street date.  The cashier had the stock pulled from the shelf until the street date.  I had a feeling that was going to happen, but I thought I'd try just in case.

So, glad that a desirable set like this is Target exclusive and not Walmart.  It's the one I want the most and Target exclusives are historically easy to get as they usually stock them everywhere and in decent numbers.  I've even seen restocks of the Hawkeye and Black Widow Endgame set at several Targets in my area.

 

 

Yeah it's a good thing.  My local Target is notoriously bad with exclusives though, so I'm glad to see some stock at last, they never got the other three exclusives this year.  I know I'll try to be there first thing on Sunday to snag this one, it's my most anticipated 80 years set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Malocchio said:

What’s the DPCI?

DePartment Class and Item. It's the number of registry for every figure, part of their Universal Product Code (UPC) which can be entered at every Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) in every store. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

So is anyone seeing the 80th Cap show up at Target? Apparently some folks have found it there, despite that it was/is a Walmart exclusive. I've ran the DPCI through Target's system and it identifies it but it's not in stock anywhere around me.

 Color me intrigued. I also had a store run the DPCI in their system at customer service and it identifies it perfectly as 80th Cap, but no info in their system, not even a price.

Target does not list it on their site and brickseek shows product “N/A” when using 087-16-0463. However both Walmart’s site and brickseek have the figure listed accurately in description, images and pricing, for Walmart.

While there certainly is a first time for everything, in my decades of collecting, I can never recall a Walmart exclusive also showing up at Target so as such, I’m quite skeptical of this figure actually being available at Target. It would of course be much more ideal than just Walmart solely getting the figure but I’m not holding my breath. The only thing that will convince me is a clear picture of the figure and the receipt, proving it was purchased at Target.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

 Color me intrigued. I also had a store run the DPCI in their system at customer service and it identifies it perfectly as 80th Cap, but no info in their system, not even a price.

Target does not list it on their site and brickseek shows product “N/A” when using 087-16-0463. However both Walmart’s site and brickseek have the figure listed accurately in description, images and pricing, for Walmart.

While there certainly is a first time for everything, in my decades of collecting, I can never recall a Walmart exclusive also showing up at Target so as such, I’m quite skeptical of this figure actually being available at Target. It would of course be much more ideal than just Walmart solely getting the figure but I’m not holding my breath. The only thing that will convince me is a clear picture of the figure and the receipt, proving it was purchased at Target.

 

Here is a screen shot I’ve taken from an IG post (_rektangular's) that supposedly shows the figure and Target receipt. Note that the item listed as "Hasbro" is what is supposed to be 80th Cap, while the other item is clearly listed as "THR", or Thor. Is it possible that someone "returned" one or more 80th Caps to one or more Target stores, knowing they'd match in the system? I don't know how plausible that is. I agree that it's unlikely for what is supposed to be a Walmart exclusive to show up at Target, too, and I'm not sure which is more believable. I mean, we've definitely seen supposed exclusives become non-exclusives, but not only has this been completely unmentioned, but it doesn't seem like Walmart's style to share. Also...was it ever 100% confirmed that 80th Cap is/was a Walmart exclusive? I recall there being a lot of confusion about that.

CBDE9873-A89E-4091-BE7A-F98BE4BF7470.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Midtown Comics, Manhattan NYC

Yep.  Everyone but Storm.  

This is Warlock Cyclops all over again.  I will never see a Storm in a store.  Storm is sold out online everywhere. I will never own this particular Storm. 

 

Maybe in three years she'll get re-released in an impossible to acquire three pack wearing a stupid bomber jacket.  

0725191740b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, mars396 said:

Midtown Comics, Manhattan NYC

Yep.  Everyone but Storm.  

This is Warlock Cyclops all over again.  I will never see a Storm in a store.  Storm is sold out online everywhere. I will never own this particular Storm. 

 

Maybe in three years she'll get re-released in an impossible to acquire three pack wearing a stupid bomber jacket.  

0725191740b.jpg

Do you ONLY buy in stores? Because I'm sure the wave will warrant several "pressings" and restocks. I'm sure it's harder if you only shop in stores, but you could try talking to some employees and ask them to help you out when or if it arrives. 

Do you even enjoy this hobby anymore? Every post I see from you is a complaint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mako said:

Well at least you're not bitter.

Seriously though, you'll find it, it'll just take a little patience and work. To date, I've never failed to find a Marvel Legends figure I wanted. I've occasionally had to pay a SMALL mark-up, but the point is I found them. I don't see Storm being any different.

Nope. Never found Warlock wave Cyclops.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mako said:

Can't really fault the man for that. QC issues, distribution, scalpers, shop-lifters, retailer indifference, unseen exclusives; this hobby can really wear you down, I don't care who you are. After Mattel put a taint on the whole dang thing with their sub-scam back in the day, I literally had to walk away for a little over a year.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. I hope I didn't sound mean or anything. I know how stressful this hobby can get, I can relate, I've been having a hard time with both Endgame Cap and Corvus Glaive and neither have given a glimpse of even coming to my country. But I keep enjoying everything else that comes out. If I didn't... why would I keep doing this? For mental health I'd probably walk away for a while, at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mars396 said:

I used to. I guess I shouldn't post unless I have happy news.  

That's not what I meant, man, I'm sorry it came out like that. I wish I could help you out getting the figures you can't find, but shipping would be the death of it. For the moment, I'd recommend looking online or in secondary markets. I'm sure that Warlock wave Cyclops is about to take a dip in aftermarket prices. Good luck and I hope you find your Storm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE